Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unstoppable migration?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unstoppable migration?

Old 02-09-2016, 16:03   #1711
RizzyKing

Re: Unstoppable migration?

If they come to the UK via the EU we have no obligation to accomadate them and just because millions want to come here doesn't mean we should take any of them and pictures no longer bother me in the slightest being honest i don't care about any of them in calais I've seen the consequences of past immigration into the UK and the damage it's done i don't want anymore of it. Am i a git or a nasty piece of work don't know and i don't care as i see my kids struggling to get ahead in the UK now and their kids will struggle further and that's my primary concern not people looking to have a better life handed on a plate to them.

Most of those people intend to come here take everything they can get they won't integrate, they won't accept the UK as it is they will expect the UK to change to accomadate them we will be expected to accept their customs, religion and culture whilst they don't do any of that in relation to the UK. Why do i think like this because that's exactly whats happened for the last thirty years in the UK and if we don't start learning the pattern then we deserve the escalating tensions we will get. The UK is a small island we can't build enough houses to accomadate those already here any idea of taking millions more is complete lunacy.
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2016, 16:46   #1712
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

They should just go and do one, and the migrants in Calais too.

Take a step back, why on Earth would you allow people to set up a shanty town and tacitly encourage more to come because 'the UK is their destination'

Maybe it is, that doesn't mean they're going to get there though, lets not forget to get to Calais they've had to stomp through significant parts of Europe to get there.
All safe havens unless something has changed that I'm not aware of.

Did the French Authorities seriously think that they could just set up a staging post in their country so that all and sundry can hop on a ferry and have a life of glorious utopia in the UK? really ?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 17:50   #1713
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Bob Geldof (and all the other professional sanctimonious celebrities who love finding time between fine dining and awards ceremonies to preach morality to the rest of us) has been a bit quiet on this issue lately hasn't he. Maybe he's too busy looking after all those refugees he housed to have time to help any more...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 22:50   #1714
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

There's constant talk about vulnerable 'kids' in Calais to the extent that people like Lord Dubs feel we need to save them from the Jungle. Can anyone explain what the French equivalent of social services are doing so wrong that they're not willing/able to protect them?

Last edited by Osem; 11-09-2016 at 22:58.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:28   #1715
RizzyKing

They are on french territory it's a french problem we've enough social problems in the UK already to keep getting involved in taking in more who will grow up and get the rest of their extended family moved here, enoughs enough it has to stop at some point this is as good time as any.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:38   #1716
Osem
Inactive

Clearly some people don't agree:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37328151

Despite record population growth caused primarily due to migration, our immigration rules are evidently still too tough.

I ask these people how they reconcile their beliefs with the reality that the more refugees who're admitted into the UK, the greater the pressure on the already overstretched welfare, health and housing services which will be required to deal with them. What would the former Archbishop and his co-signees want to say to our existing needy (including, ironically, many refugees and migrants) who'll be the ones who really feel the burden I wonder...
Old 12-09-2016, 22:27   #1717
RizzyKing

Those who are all pro immigration do not live in affected areas don't suffer from the degradation of services in a given area, when they move to those areas when they suffer the bad services then maybe I'll listen to them not going to happen anytime soon.
Old 12-09-2016, 23:59   #1718
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
The UK is a small island we can't build enough houses to accomadate those already here any idea of taking millions more is complete lunacy.
There is more land in the UK given over to horses than housing.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Those who are all pro immigration do not live in affected areas don't suffer from the degradation of services in a given area, when they move to those areas when they suffer the bad services then maybe I'll listen to them not going to happen anytime soon.
I live in one of the most deprived wards in the country. Ex-manufacturing, high unemployment, high dependence on welfare and tons of people on the sick.

Strong UKIP presence here yet, strangely, relatively few migrants. Aren't scapegoats handy?
Ignitionnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 00:03   #1719
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
There is more land in the UK given over to horses than housing.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

I live in one of the most deprived wards in the country. Ex-manufacturing, high unemployment, high dependence on welfare and tons of people on the sick.

Strong UKIP presence here yet, strangely, relatively few migrants. Aren't scapegoats handy?
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_4254512.html
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 02:52   #1720
RizzyKing

Did i say only areas with migrants had problems no i didn't but in the areas where there are high levels of migrants there are social and infrastructure problems directly proportional to the increase in people in that area. The collapse of our industrial areas has left massive problems that have not been addressed or barely recognised by the politicians unless they are after votes. Or are you saying ignit that your ward would benefit from a couple of thousand from calais?.
Old 13-09-2016, 10:21   #1721
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Nope I am strongly against admitting those in Calais. Migrants generally I would happily trade a bunch of those already in the ward for.

Sweeping generalisations help no-one. Neither does equating the asylum tourists in Calais with all who might want to come here.
Old 13-09-2016, 11:23   #1722
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

genuine asylum seekers are grateful as soon as they reach safety, doesnt matter if its italy, greece or england, those camping in Calais I struggle to find fit into that category.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2016, 13:08   #1723
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
genuine asylum seekers are grateful as soon as they reach safety, doesnt matter if its italy, greece or england, those camping in Calais I struggle to find fit into that category.
Couldn't agree with you more.
Old 13-09-2016, 13:58   #1724
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Luxembourg Foreign Minister Jean Asselborn has called for Hungary to be suspended or even expelled from the European Union because of its "massive violation" of EU fundamental values.
He cited the Budapest government's treatment of refugees, independence of the judiciary and freedom of the press.
"Hungary is not far away from issuing orders to open fire on refugees," he suggested.
Hungary said Mr Asselborn "could not be taken seriously".
EU leaders meet in Slovakia on Friday to discuss the union's future.
Mr Asselborn's interview with German daily Die Welt is likely to inflame passions ahead of the summit.
The EU could not tolerate "such inappropriate behaviour", he said, and any state that violated such basic values "should be excluded temporarily, or if necessary for ever, from the EU''. It was "the only possibility to protect the cohesion and values of the European Union,'' he said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37347352

I know who I believe is out of touch with reality.
Old 15-09-2016, 23:01   #1725
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Residents have clashed with asylum seekers in a town in eastern Germany that has become a flashpoint for anti-refugee sentiment.
Some 80 locals, described by police as far-right, brawled with 20 young asylum seekers in Bautzen.
The asylum seekers were chased to their hostel and put under police guard.
The mayor said the town had to avoid becoming a playground for the far right. A curfew has been imposed on the young asylum seekers.
Anti-migrant tensions have been mounting in Bautzen this year.
Locals cheered when a building due to house migrants was set on fire in February.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37372029

I'm sure it'll be OK though because that's what Merkel and the EU keep telling us. I'm just waiting for some clown or another to blame it on Brexit.