Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 20:13   #4261
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute
Re: TiVo

Righto.

Now that Bluemoon has proved that he has got TiVO and it was given to him as a new customer, is anyone else a little peeved? I yet again had to prune the recordings on our V+ yesterday and I need more space!
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2011, 20:15   #4262
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon8 View Post
I've put some up on this forum for you. Won't let me upload the same ones to you again.
Certainly seems legit to me . Welcome mate , another Benidorm watcher I see LOL

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
Righto.

Now that Bluemoon has proved that he has got TiVO and it was given to him as a new customer, is anyone else a little peeved? I yet again had to prune the recordings on our V+ yesterday and I need more space!
Must admit mate being into American sport on ESPNHD just kills the V+ HDD
Old 11-03-2011, 20:16   #4263
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Services: Tivo,Xl TV,Sky sports,Sky movies HD,XXL 100MB BB.
Bluemoon8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Certainly seems legit to me . Welcome mate , another Benidorm watcher I see LOL

---------- Post added at 20:15 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Must admit mate being into American sport on ESPNHD just kills the V+ HDD
Can't beat a bit of Benidorm lol. Just gutted know one believed me.
Old 11-03-2011, 20:29   #4264
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's only because everyone was told, existing customers or S1 owners would get the first opportunity to have TiVo.
Old 11-03-2011, 20:32   #4265
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Righto.

I'm the same as you; having to keep trimming the V+; 17 hours left ATM with a 1 hour HD show and a couple of 1 hour SD shows to record tonight, so I'll be down to 11 hours. I have an HD recording that won't delete that's causing part of the problem

But I suspect the amount of new customers getting them is a very small number and probaby a compter error, so it doesn't bother me, much as I'd like Tivo ASAP.
Old 11-03-2011, 20:32   #4266
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Iplayer is better on TiVo, the UI looks a lot like the web based iPlayer and has more content than the existing Virgin iplayer service.
Is it the same as the BBC iplayer online for content?
Old 11-03-2011, 21:23   #4267
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Counting the hours down to tivo,Hurry up am
Old 11-03-2011, 21:26   #4268
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Is it the same as the BBC iplayer online for content?
The one i would say is the same as the wii at the moment?
Old 11-03-2011, 21:43   #4269
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Righto.

No.

Stuff happens, and in the wide range of parameters of "stuff", this, imho, is in the very very minor league....

Me, I save my "peeve" for frozen pay, worries about a ongoing enonomic slump, figuring out how to pay for two kids at Uni, concerns about having to make colleagues redundant, rising bills, etc etc, rather than getting a little peeved about space on my V+.....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-03-2011, 22:25   #4270
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

I guess it's a paradigm shift. Coming from my media center with 1TB (and HD was MPEG4) I had plenty of room to stack stuff up. We've finally started watching Bedlam tonight and got through three episodes which has freed up a buttload of space. I just want that freedom back!
Old 11-03-2011, 22:37   #4271
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Swings, roundabouts - you move from your previous setup to V+ for some benefits.

You must have thought those benefits outweighted the shortfalls.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 11-03-2011, 22:52   #4272
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age
pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That only proves you have a TiVo, it dosnt prove you are a new customer. I would like to see your last 12 months sky bills, a copy of the last 12 months bank statements. The serial number of that TiVo box with your birth certificate and passport so that I know you havnt broken into someone elses house and taken those photographs.

A dna swap and blood sample would be handy too, just so that we know you are a human and not a troll.

Oh wait this is a forum about TV isnt, I just had a flash back to being in a court case.

Lets take people at face value until shown otherwise guys. This is only entertainment, not life and death.

Regards

John.
Old 11-03-2011, 23:00   #4273
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post

No i have not come across one as yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Not currently, no. There is a Weather App though.

BBC interactive will be added at some point, the first step was BBC iPlayer, which was launched last week.
Many Thanks for the info and for your review devilincarnate. Roll on another couple of weeks when I get mine
Old 11-03-2011, 23:22   #4274
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

OMG OMG OMG less than 9 days before 20th March... come on phone RING RING RING!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 23:58   #4275
Harryn9000
cf.geek

Services: Virgin 500MB BB , VM V6 x2, XL tv, Xl Phone Superhub 3
Harryn9000 is an unknown quantity at this point

already had my call m8
Closed Thread