Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Business relaunch SME products

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

EE best mobile network

Old 19-08-2014, 09:02   #1
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
EE best mobile network

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28837671

What's that got to do with Virgin Media.

Well they designed, built & maintain the EE backhaul network. So well done to the VM networks dept.
Old 19-08-2014, 11:12   #2
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: EE best mobile network

I believe they also use EE's network for Virgin Mobile.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 11:51   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

It's the only network with coverage in my corner of ruralshire, so I'm happy to hear they're the best, as I have no choice anyway!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 12:01   #4
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I'm happy that three is in second place. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up when Three finishes their 4G rollout.
Old 19-08-2014, 12:43   #5
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

EE has had a lot of problems in South Wales over the past month.

My Mum and i have had no signals what so ever 4 times and on 3 of the occasions we have called into Orange shop and were told that a few others have also asked and reported issues that day.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 14:37   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I did read the other day that they have the worst customer service and also are the most complained about.
Old 19-08-2014, 14:50   #7
Kushan

I've heard some proper horror stories about EE's customer service, but then I've heard the same about Three.
Old 19-08-2014, 20:29   #8
2old4this
cf.addict

2old4this is on a distinguished road2old4this is on a distinguished road

i heard that RootMetrics is funded my EE?
2old4this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 20:52   #9
Risco
Inactive

Services: VIP; BB XL; TiVo 1TB; V+HD
Risco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to beholdRisco is a splendid one to behold

They are the first company I have left after less than a week. Their customer service is terrible, pings were over 1000ms on 4G.....
Risco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 21:03   #10
Kushan

The worst horror story I heard about EE's customer service came from a friend who was on an Orange contract and "upgraded" to EE.

This particular friend used to visit the Isle of Mann quite a bit and shortly after doing so, he got a bit of a bill shock. According to EE's CS rep, the Isle of Mann apparently counted as "roaming" so he was billed at some silly amount for data.

Friend stated that his old Orange contract never had such rubbish in it and of course the Isle was part of the same region. Eventually they relented and let him out of the contract, but it took quite a bit of fighting.
Old 19-08-2014, 21:40   #11
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

when they were Orange CS were good, but now it's EE CS is awful, and the website, and phone app are now terrible. the phone app downloads and installs on my phone, but when I run it, it says it's not supported, so sends me to the web page in a browser. however, I can't log in, so i try to reset my password, but it doesn't recognise my phone number, or email, so I try to create a new account, but my number isn't recognised. I should phone them up and moan, but that's too painful, and life is too short

Helpfuly I get text messages form them now and again telling me I haven't log in to the website in a while, and I should do so!

on the plus side, where I work is out in the sticks, and those of us on Orange/T-Mobile/EE are the only ones who reliably get coverage. 3 seems ok, the voda[hone ppl had an extender installed in the office which works for those on it.
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 22:07   #12
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28837671

What's that got to do with Virgin Media.

Well they designed, built & maintain the EE backhaul network. So well done to the VM networks dept.
Unfortunately, if my experience of EE's network is anything to go by, providing the backhaul for it is not a major selling point for VM..

My own VM broadband service is quite reliable. Most of the time I can download at nearly full speed, so I am happy with Virgin.

My experience with EE, particularly recently is the total opposite. I am on a 3G Tmobile tariff, live near Bromley and work in Greenwich. Both of which have large areas where I can get little or no service. In fact, I get a slow data connection over most of Greenwich, where I can get a connection at all. I am a first aider, and a dropped phone call is not something I wish to experience when I have called 999 and am reporting someone having a suspected heart attack. Thankfully on the four occasions it has happened, it's actually been a panic attack rather than a heart attack (they can present the same symptoms), so no one has actually died as a result of my phone losing it's connection.

I am currently on a 3G connection as I don't believe any of the current 4G tariffs are worth what they are asking for them. Funnily enough, my friends on EE 4G have no problem, on calls or data, and my problems have only started getting worse since EE started 4G..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 14:12   #13
Tali
cf.addict

Tali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about themTali has a spectacular aura about them

I was with Orange, and recently moved to GiffGaff on their 4G trial. I wasn't too impressed and so am now in the middle of moving back EE. But OMG! What a pain in the backside it has been. The website is horrible. I couldn't create an account, but there was no error message to say that. There is no online help for account creation. The help that is there is extremely limited and calling 150 to speak to someone? Good luck with that too. I am still moving to EE, but I am so disappointed and frustrated in the level of customer service and the usability of the web site compared to what I've experienced from Orange in years gone by.
Tali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 22:02   #14
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

EE are charging 50p to skip the queue to speak to their customer services drones. Speaks volumes of how they treat their customers. They are also Orange with another name, and Orange went down the pan years ago.

I used to be with Three back in 2006. I'm back with them again now and their customer services is much improved. Indoor signals can still be spotty or nonexistent, but they sent me a home signal box pretty rapidly and the 4g rollout on lower frequencies combined with VoLTE coming in the next 12 months should help if all goes as planned.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2014, 10:20   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
EE has had a lot of problems in South Wales over the past month.

My Mum and i have had no signals what so ever 4 times and on 3 of the occasions we have called into Orange shop and were told that a few others have also asked and reported issues that day.
I've had problems with EE/VM in the Bridgend and Cardiff areas over the last few weeks, I'm hoping that's a temporary problem.

Although I'm with VM I'm impressed with the coverage EE gives, apart from the above I've had no issues at all.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote