Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Old 07-03-2012, 12:31   #76
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: Pensions - no wonder there are strikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes with all those rants, insults, incitements and hypocritical ramblings, how on earth does he find time to run that massive transport organisation he's in charge of I wonder?

(unless of course it's really just a trainset on his bedroom floor...... )
All you are doing is just taking this agument away from the real issues, do you come from a world were there is no such thing as a iphone or ipad?
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 12:33   #77
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
I do give money to the homeless and direct them to charities, but the money of the rich will make a much bigger diffrence tham me alone

Also under a "World government" I will make it clear that we are in power not for our sake, nut for the sake for Humans and Earth. There will still be a independent media (all under the BBC), if they find sometihng wrong, they can report it

---------- Post added at 12:30 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

I am not a extremist, i have not anything in relation to communism and facism, all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not
And that is the really worrying thing about your rants Alan. And it is what will eventually get you locked up if you don't tone down your Twitter and Facebook posts.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:36   #78
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Nobody in here is defending either this government, or even the provious government. In fact if you follow many peoples posts you will see that most of us realise how we got into this mess.

However none of us are suggesting violence, murder, riots, or terrorism, unlike you do.
The trouble is that real and radcal change cannot be easily achived thorugh democratic means (you and your friends have not convice me even less)

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Quote:
And that is the really worrying thing about your rants Alan. And it is what will eventually get you locked up if you don't tone down your Twitter and Facebook posts.
Until you can get me direct links to world businesses and government, I cannot see why I should change what I am saying

All I want is real and radical change, what you may ask your self, how failed is the system when someone wants change, this is almost the only way to do it?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:47   #79
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
The trouble is that real and radcal change cannot be easily achived thorugh democratic means (you and your friends have not convice me even less)

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 ----------

Until you can get me direct links to world businesses and government, I cannot see why I should change what I am saying

All I want is real and radical change, what you may ask your self, how failed is the system when someone wants change, this is almost the only way to do it?
The situation is bad, and nobody will argue with that. But most people with common sense can see that most of your ideas will make things far worse. And the few ideas that you have that may work in theory are pure fantasy, and could NEVER work in practice, due to different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs.

The one thing that all sane people do know is that violence and terrorism is not an option, and never will be.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48   #80
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Each union talks about things that concern their members. Firefighters are in a completely different situation to teachers, NHS, local government workers, etc..

So what your union tells you will apply to you. Don't try and apply what the FBU say to yourself, because that simply won't work.
Tim, I am applying that you stated that the FBU said that the Firemen's employers contributions were the lowest in the Public Sector at 21% (I am in the Public Sector) - I provided evidence from Public Sector pension providers and two of the major Public Sector Unions which contradicted that statement by showing their Public Sector employers' contributions were 13 - 14%.

I think that works for me....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:54   #81
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Tim, I am applying that you stated that the FBU said that the Firemen's employers contributions were the lowest in the Public Sector at 21% (I am in the Public Sector) - I provided evidence from Public Sector pension providers and two of the major Public Sector Unions which contradicted that statement by showing their Public Sector employers' contributions were 13 - 14%.

I think that works for me....
Well if that works for you then that's fine.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:55   #82
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
The situation is bad, and nobody will argue with that. But most people with common sense can see that most of your ideas will make things far worse. And the few ideas that you have that may work in theory are pure fantasy, and could NEVER work in practice, due to different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs.

The one thing that all sane people do know is that violence and terrorism is not an option, and never will be.
My ideas will fix the problems that we are facing and improve the way the world is run as I have stated on many occasion. Also I have taken the fact there are different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs and that most people would benefit more (which I have also stated on several occasions) and they should be able to see that, the ones that disagree will not have any choice

I do not want violence and terrorism to ever be an option for real and radical change, but based on how it can be accepted at democratic elections and the views of pretty much everyone at CF, I am not convinced that real and radical change can be done via democratic means (though I am still open to it)
Old 07-03-2012, 13:04   #83
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
My ideas will fix the problems that we are facing and improve the way the world is run as I have stated on many occasion. Also I have taken the fact there are different views, cultures, religions, and beliefs and that most people would benefit more (which I have also stated on several occasions) and they should be able to see that, the ones that disagree will not have any choice
So that isn't true democracy then is it??? A dictator will make them comply!!!

Quote:
I do not want violence and terrorism to ever be an option for real and radical change, but based on how it can be accepted at democratic elections and the views of pretty much everyone at CF, I am not convinced that real and radical change can be done via democratic means (though I am still open to it)
You openly promote violence, murder, riots, and terrorism on Twitter and Facebook. This isn't acceptable in a civilised society.

And Alan, please stop sending me PM's. I'm never going to be converted to your extremist views.
Old 07-03-2012, 13:14   #84
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
So that isn't true democracy then is it??? A dictator will make them comply!!!

You openly promote violence, murder, riots, and terrorism on Twitter and Facebook. This isn't acceptable in a civilised society.

And Alan, please stop sending me PM's. I'm never going to be converted to your extremist views.
If a majority of the worlds population agree (which is the case) then they have no choice

And on what basis do you think we are in a civilised society, I mean a lot of the worlds population is in poverty (a lot of people in the UK are the same), we have many wars, many dictatorships and in all the world, the rich rul at our exepene with dire conqunces!

Still call it a civilised society?
Old 07-03-2012, 13:18   #85
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Im just wondering if Alan feels guilty being paid to be a 'senior manager' and spending so much of his time doing other things.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

Quote:
so many dictatorships and in all the world,.. blah blah blah
and the answer to so many dictatorships around the world is to have one great big one?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:25   #86
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
If a majority of the worlds population agree (which is the case) then they have no choice
Reality check Alan: You can't even get anyone on this forum site to agree with you. So what chance do you think you have on getting the majority of the worlds population to agree with you?

Quote:
And on what basis do you think we are in a civilised society, I mean a lot of the worlds population is in poverty (a lot of people in the UK are the same), we have many wars, many dictatorships and in all the world, the rich rul at our exepene with dire conqunces!

Still call it a civilised society?
So you want to declare war on almost all of the countries in the world, in order to force them to agree with you???

I seems to think that a certain person called Adolf tried that one

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Quote:
Im just wondering if Alan feels guilty being paid to be a 'senior manager' and spending so much of his time doing other things.
Yes Alan, answer the question....just how do you get away with it???

I would have thought that a senior manager for a company that employs 10,000 staff would be extremely busy during the day.

Quote:
and the answer to so many dictatorships around the world is to have one great big one?
And guess who that dictator would be??
Old 07-03-2012, 13:31   #87
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I would have thought that a senior manager for a company that employs 10,000 staff would be extremely busy during the day.

Yes and we only have to check out his bizarre and wholly distasteful rantings elsewhere to find out what he'd do to anyone with the temerity to disagree with him....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:38   #88
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Attached Images
File Type: jpg venn.JPG (33.1 KB, 37 views)
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 13:42   #89
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
No, that is not the case

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:16 ----------

My world government will not be a dictatorship

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

Quote:
Reality check Alan: You can't even get anyone on this forum site to agree with you. So what chance do you think you have on getting the majority of the worlds population to agree with you?

So you want to declare war on almost all of the countries in the world, in order to force them to agree with you???

I seems to think that a certain person called Adolf tried that one

---------- Post added at 13:25 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Unlike this forum, most of the world are in poverty and would be richer and have job under world government. Hence most nations would agree!

---------- Post added at 13:42 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
It seems to be the defnders of a failed system have lost it again!
Old 07-03-2012, 13:42   #90
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Quote:

My world government will not be a dictatorship :td
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry

all I have said Is that we need radcial reform to democracy and capitalism via democratic means or not
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote