Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Warranty on VMobile Handsets

Old 09-12-2011, 21:43   #1
Pipster
Inactive

Pipster is an unknown quantity at this point
Warranty on VMobile Handsets

Been a Virgin Mobile customer for a few years now and I currently have 2 handsets on contract with Virgin mobile. Recently my partners handset the Sony Ericsson X10 Pro Mini has been switching itself off randomly and the problem is getting worse. The 3 keys on the phone also have become non responsive. We got the phone as upgrade around December 2010 so its 12 months old now.

I decided to ring Virgin Mobile today under the warranty and got first class customer service from them. They are arranging for a jiffy bag to be sent so they can try and do a repair with it. They said it takes 4 days in total when they get the phone. I was happy with this.

Only thing were worried about and looking at some of the handsets available from the VM website is if they need to replace the phone because they cant get parts or it works out cheaper for them to send a new phone out. As the advisor said today this could happen. What options would she have from the range that they have now. They don't have the exact same phone but there is a slightly upgraded version

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/viewH...ringId=9390162
Pipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2011, 22:32   #2
Pipster
Inactive

Re: Warranty on VMobile Handsets

67 views and no one can help?
Old 16-12-2011, 16:42   #3
clydebuilt
Inactive

clydebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point

If under warranty and they do not have your model in stock they should offer you an alternative phone
clydebuilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 18:32   #4
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

You are also very lucky as if you were with O2 would have to send it back to the Manufacturer, If it was outside the 28 days (if you upgraded over the phone or online). The store I could not comment on (they would just say send it back to manufacturer?)
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2011, 20:47   #5
Pipster
Inactive

Got the giffy bag through today to send it off. Took 10 days for it to come. So lets see what happens
Old 22-12-2011, 19:35   #6
Pipster
Inactive

Well never heard anything from Virgin regarding the phone despite being promised updates via text etc.

They are claiming the phone has suffered water damage. I know it hasn't. Tried to argue the case on the phone today with tech support but no joy. I can 100% say it hasn't suffered water damage at all. He tried to say that it could be caused by using the phone in the rain, it could be due to condensation. This is a total joke. To them every phone could have the potential to suffer water damage.

Feel like I'm being shafted here with it and going to email neil berkett as refusing to let this die.

I think this is going to be the end of my dealings with Virgin Mobile and Media!! So angry about this.
Old 03-01-2012, 14:52   #7
Pipster
Inactive

Well after getting emails on Christmas Eve night and Christmas Day morning from Virgin Mobile to say they are looking into repairing the mobile, even though I had already got it back with a note saying water damage. I've finally heard back from my compalint throught the CEO office.

Basically as a gesture of goodwill they have arranged for the exact same phone to be sent out to me in the post and it will be here on New Years Eve, it didn't come. After having to complain further I have been told it will be here tomorrow and they have waived 1 months line rental for the mobile.

So annoying that you have to go down the complaints route to get anything sorted and threaten to leave etc etc and in the end because of Virgins stupid mistake they have lost a months line rental!!

Anyways the phone will be here tomorrow as had an email to confirm this and I'm glad it will be the exact same model.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:36   #8
buzz34
Inactive

buzz34 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having a similar problem-My Blackberry Torch-11 months old- kept freezing-I sent it back, they replaced it with a phone that looked like it had been kicked around a stone quarry-the previous owners phone numbers-texts and face book accounts were all visible-result send it back we will have a look at it?????
buzz34 is offline   Reply With Quote