Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 12-07-2014, 14:38   #8446
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Organising our 40th wedding anniversary weekend in London.Booked a Thames afternoon tea trip.Heard back from them that it was booked up and they offered an upgrade to the BBQ Thames trip instead for the same price..I'm trying to be pleased but at least his nibs is happier as he's not a cake fan..
Old 12-07-2014, 14:42   #8447
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Things are finally moving forward with the insurance. Now whether it goes our way is another matter, it is now between our home insurance and the neighbours insurance "if they take the case on or not, if their insurance does not take neighbour on well that really is another story" Keeping everything crossed that it is over soon" and goes in our favour. The main reason I am happy is they have now contacted there insurance.
Good News
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 14:53   #8448
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Things are finally moving forward with the insurance. Now whether it goes our way is another matter, it is now between our home insurance and the neighbours insurance "if they take the case on or not, if their insurance does not take neighbour on well that really is another story" Keeping everything crossed that it is over soon" and goes in our favour. The main reason I am happy is they have now contacted there insurance.
Good stuff
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 14:54   #8449
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I think so Nashville trying not to get my hopes up but it's hard just a a little bit scared TBH a very nerve-racking experience.

---------- Post added at 14:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Good stuff
Thanks dilli.
Old 12-07-2014, 20:33   #8450
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Off to visit my daughter in Norwich tomorrow..
Old 12-07-2014, 22:33   #8451
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Off to visit my daughter in Norwich tomorrow..
It's always nice to have some Mother and daughter time, I Love spending time with my Mum although she is 80 now and does not really like to go out, although I can still managed to coax her to go out for the odd day out at the local garden centre. Enjoy your day Maggy J.
Old 12-07-2014, 22:41   #8452
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

You will have a lovely time Maggy J
Old 12-07-2014, 22:51   #8453
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Some good news. Our department is in the process of being restructured, and a couple of weeks ago, I was called into the bosses office. He explained that my job was being downgraded, and he was telling me early so I could fight the decision. Fight, I did, with the help of my Line manager, and I think, to some extent, Unison (my union). The same boss who had told me a couple of weeks ago told me in a department meeting on Wednesday that I'd won my fight. His application to regrade my job had been successful, along with his application for an increase in staffing budget to enable him to employ more technical staff.

Why am I happy, bearing in mind that after a lot of fighting I am essentially back to square one? Simple. Things could have been a lot worse. I now know that my career and financial circumstances will not change for the foreseeable future. That's knowledge I've not had for a year now. Of course, I don't have a cast-iron guarantee that my job will stay forever, but who does?

There's also the salary drop. When I took this job, I was on a much lower salary than what it would have dropped to, but my circumstances were different then. I was quite comfortably off then, but I cannot afford to lose that much money now. I know that my salary would have been protected, but I'd still have had to look for another job. Something which I don't want to do, as I enjoy this job.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 22:53   #8454
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Some good news. Our department is in the process of being restructured, and a couple of weeks ago, I was called into the bosses office. He explained that my job was being downgraded, and he was telling me early so I could fight the decision. Fight, I did, with the help of my Line manager, and I think, to some extent, Unison (my union). The same boss who had told me a couple of weeks ago told me in a department meeting on Wednesday that I'd won my fight. His application to regrade my job had been successful, along with his application for an increase in staffing budget to enable him to employ more technical staff.

Why am I happy, bearing in mind that after a lot of fighting I am essentially back to square one? Simple. Things could have been a lot worse. I now know that my career and financial circumstances will not change for the foreseeable future. That's knowledge I've not had for a year now. Of course, I don't have a cast-iron guarantee that my job will stay forever, but who does?

There's also the salary drop. When I took this job, I was on a much lower salary than what it would have dropped to, but my circumstances were different then. I was quite comfortably off then, but I cannot afford to lose that much money now. I know that my salary would have been protected, but I'd still have had to look for another job. Something which I don't want to do, as I enjoy this job.
good news then Stu
Old 12-07-2014, 23:10   #8455
nashville
nashville

Nice to hear the good news
Old 13-07-2014, 18:32   #8456
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Excellent news Stuart.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

The house is so quiet with the wee one away on his camping trip. Enjoying the piece and quiet but missing him all the same.
Old 13-07-2014, 22:55   #8457
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

I've been doing the 5:2 Intermittent Fasting diet for a little under 2 weeks now, so far I've lost 9lb, without any extra exercise and otherwise eating fairly normally (maybe cutting out the odd bit of choccy or whatever) just joined the gym today, planning on going in the morning before work, yay
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 05:53   #8458
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Very well done - and let me know when you're ready to start running

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2014, 12:15   #8459
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
I've been doing the 5:2 Intermittent Fasting diet for a little under 2 weeks now, so far I've lost 9lb, without any extra exercise and otherwise eating fairly normally (maybe cutting out the odd bit of choccy or whatever) just joined the gym today, planning on going in the morning before work, yay
Well done
Old 14-07-2014, 12:31   #8460
nashville
nashville

Good for you Graham