Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 22-06-2011, 13:22   #211
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovwilson View Post
just had my assessment day yesterday,now just sitting watching the phone.if i get the green light ive got to go to stockton on tees for 2 and a half weeks training.does anyone know what that in tales?
Did they not explain at the presentation?

It entails a comprehensive training course to enable you to do your job. You will be there Mon - Fri and allowed home at weekends. Think of it as boot camp lol. Which area did you apply for?
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-06-2011, 16:01   #212
Daniel Hurst
Inactive

Daniel Hurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

I had my assesment on 14/06/2011 at Manchester- Still waiting the outcome.

Had email today saying sorry for the delay but they are still going through the list and will get back to me by 01/07/2011.

Spoke to a friend he advised if they did not want me they would of told be by now so chin up for me hopefully :-)
Daniel Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 23:06   #213
Dave813
Inactive

Dave813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hurst View Post
Hi.

I had my assesment on 14/06/2011 at Manchester- Still waiting the outcome.

Had email today saying sorry for the delay but they are still going through the list and will get back to me by 01/07/2011.

Spoke to a friend he advised if they did not want me they would of told be by now so chin up for me hopefully :-)
Any news? I still haven't heard anything. Don't know if I should take it as good or bad news.
Dave813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:20   #214
Daniel Hurst
Inactive

I emailed them again Last night, they replied saying it will be a further 2-3 weeks now...So I'm thinking good news, as with a company this size they would of told us any bad news by now, surley!
Old 06-07-2011, 10:39   #215
Dave813
Inactive

I received the same email this morning, so I'm guessing they either haven't got round to sorting the good from the bad or they can't decide between the best.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25   #216
Daniel Hurst
Inactive

I'm going for "we are the best section of the pile" :-)

Oh by the way what did you do as a presentation on the 14th June? so I can fit your face to your name :-)
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25   #217
tosh mate
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV L 20MB BB
tosh mate has reached the bronze age
tosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze agetosh mate has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Hurst View Post
I emailed them again Last night, they replied saying it will be a further 2-3 weeks now...So I'm thinking good news, as with a company this size they would of told us any bad news by now, surley!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave813 View Post
I received the same email this morning, so I'm guessing they either haven't got round to sorting the good from the bad or they can't decide between the best.
Good Luck to you both
tosh mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:43   #218
Dave813
Inactive

I did my presentation on solar energy and the installation on solar panels. I was the first person to do it on solar energy. I dropped the egg from the 3m height, ours was designed like a blimp, we called it the omelette because we started with a broken egg. I remember your name and remember you being there just can't picture your face.

---------- Post added at 11:43 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh mate View Post
Good Luck to you both
Thanks Tosh.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:02   #219
Dukefever
Inactive

Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Has anyone heard back yet? Been a month since my assesment day and still not heard back.
Old 17-07-2011, 10:19   #220
Dave813
Inactive

I've phoned them, a lady spoke to said they've rejected loads of people, she also said that because I haven't heard anything to take no news as good news. If you haven't heard anything by next Wednesday I'd give them a ring or drop them an email asking them to contact you. I personally think they've narrowed it down to the best of the bunch, but can't decide who are the best of the best. Hopefully we get good news soon!
Old 17-07-2011, 12:01   #221
Dukefever
Inactive

Could really do with knowing sooner rather than later. I was told that i would be advised within a week or so. I know they must be busy with other assessments days and deciding amongst the candidates but it would be nice to be kept updated. A little update like, thanks for waiting, you are in the shortlist of successful candidates following your assessment day, please bear us for a bit longer! I have had nothing.
Old 19-07-2011, 10:45   #222
mikeyb252
Inactive

mikeyb252 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys first post on here. I was at the assesment day on the 14/06/11. Ive been getting the same emails as u guys. So just playing the waiting game. been 5 weeks today since we did the assesment so hopefully hear this week or next week at the latest.
Just getting a bit worried as i fly to Cuba on the 31st Aug to get married so if they offer me the job i think i wouldnt be available to mid Sept to Start. As they did say from the time the offer u the job prob will take 4 weeks before u start. Ill have to give 4 weeks notice in my current job as it is.
Ah well just have to wait and see what happens
mikeyb252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 11:04   #223
Jordan S
Inactive

Jordan S is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, I had my assesment day on 4th July in Sunderland, everything went well and i felt i did a very good job with the presentation, interview and group task! The managers who were assessing us told us we would be informed if we had the job or if we never within a week!

There was 8 of us and 3 positions, Funny enough i knew two of the lads who were there on the day and one of them got told the day after that he wasnt succesfull, and my over friend got offered a position 3 days after that, i have phoned them a few times and they have just said there waiting for the results, but still nothing!! its starting to annoy me now! i was just wondering if anyone was in the same boat and could offer me some advice? Thanks a lot! Jordan.
Jordan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 11:44   #224
mikeyb252
Inactive

mikeyb252 is an unknown quantity at this point

You will just have to play the waiting game mate. 14th June was my assesment day. Was told we would be told by the 24th. Then an email came out saying it we would know by the 1st of July. Then we got another email saying 2-3 weeks. We are now in the 3rd week of the 2-3 weeks so hoping to hear something this week.
mikeyb252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2011, 12:05   #225
Jordan S
Inactive

Jordan S is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats a joke that like mate! I rang up on thursday and they said they would have the results in 2 - 3 days and they would put a note on my profile to get intouch, its gunna be a hell of a dissapointment for us all if we dont get it! i just cant understand why my mate got told the day after he wasnt succesfull, and he was the most qualifed lad there lol! Is it good or bad? i just dont know what to think any more lol !
Jordan S is offline   Reply With Quote