Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports & Movies apps

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Sports & Movies apps

Old 25-07-2014, 12:21   #1
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice
Sky Sports & Movies apps

Just had a letter saying these are free on my package from mid August. It says the apps are for the Iphone + Ipad (Apple). Will there be apps or will these actually work on my Windows 8 Laptop?
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-07-2014, 12:29   #2
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sky Sports & Movies apps

It is promoting the apps as they are new

You have been able to access Sky Movies and Sky Sports via a web browser on a PC via TV Anywhere since it launched at www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere
Old 25-07-2014, 12:31   #3
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
Just had a letter saying these are free on my package from mid August. It says the apps are for the Iphone + Ipad (Apple). Will there be apps or will these actually work on my Windows 8 Laptop?
You already have access to the Sky Sports and Movie channels, assuming you are subscribed, through the browser version of TV Anywhere on your laptop. This has always been the case.

The letter advises that this has been extended to phones and tablets, not through the TV Anywhere apps but through Sky's own apps which now allow logon through your Virgin Media id.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 12:43   #4
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
You already have access to the Sky Sports and Movie channels, assuming you are subscribed, through the browser version of TV Anywhere on your laptop. This has always been the case.

The letter advises that this has been extended to phones and tablets, not through the TV Anywhere apps but through Sky's own apps which now allow logon through your Virgin Media id.
is the TV Anywhere free then? I have never used it and yes I subscribe (VIP).

I see - it isn't an app - just a webpage. I tried logging on but got Oops… Something went wrong.

I'll keep trying
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 12:43   #5
r94yan
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200, TV and calls, with Sky Movies and Sky Sport, Asian Mela. Two 1TB Tivo
r94yan is an unknown quantity at this point

Will it be on android???
r94yan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 13:10   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by r94yan View Post
Will it be on android???
Coming soooooooon

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 13:22   #7
r94yan
cf.addict

Services: VIVID 200, TV and calls, with Sky Movies and Sky Sport, Asian Mela. Two 1TB Tivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Coming soooooooon

isnt it always coming soon!!! especially android

still waiting on the PS4 announcement
Old 25-07-2014, 13:41   #8
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
isnt it always coming soon!!! especially android

still waiting on the PS4 announcement
Considering how many Android phones VM sell you would think they would be able to sort this. They have used the Sky app for the Iphone so why don't they use the Sky app for the android ??????

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 13:45   #9
r94yan
cf.addict

defintely, do apple has som kind of agreement to delay release, this happened with the tv anywhere app too. took ages. or is just more difficult on android?
Old 25-07-2014, 13:45   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Considering how many Android phones VM sell you would think they would be able to sort this. They have used the Sky app for the Iphone so why don't they use the Sky app for the android ??????
The Sky app for Android doesn't do the same as the one for iOS at the moment.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote:
defintely, do apple has som kind of agreement to delay release, this happened with the tv anywhere app too. took ages. or is just more difficult on android?
It's mainly more difficulty in targeting Android devices - fragmentation is worse than on iOS
Old 25-07-2014, 13:51   #11
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The Sky app for Android doesn't do the same as the one for iOS at the moment.
To be fair its probably never been a massive issue before because Sky's own Sky Sport customers with Android can watch these channels via the Sky Go app.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 18:52   #12
andrew.shearman
Inactive

andrew.shearman is an unknown quantity at this point

how do I find out my Virgin Media id
andrew.shearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 19:42   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.shearman View Post
how do I find out my Virgin Media id
It's the email address you login to My Virgin Media with.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2014, 20:38   #14
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Will it be on android???
Quote:
Coming soooooooon
January 2015 according to the TV ads. Could be a bit earlier as the ad also says iOS in August but thats already out.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:50   #15
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Can someone clarify but doesn't this mean I've just lost the ability to watch sky sports on my android phone now? Before I could do this through virgin tv anywhere and they are spinning this as a positive change?!
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote