Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.
Closed Thread

Old 16-08-2013, 12:18   #1576
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2013) Vol. 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
http://www.vmhd.blogspot.co.uk/2013/...den-50-hd.html

Nialli makes a good point about one more channel to go before VM have 50 HD channels. Not forgetting we'll no doubt be getting BBC THREE, BBC FOUR, BBC NEWS 24 and the CBBC channels in HD in the next 6 months or so.

I remember the days when we only had BBC HD and no Sky, we have come a long way.

Still can't get over the BT deal. ESPN America HD was top of my channel list for a long time so it was it a joy to able to watch MLB games in HD last night, even though my team lost right at the end.
I'm glad they closed Espn America in a way, because all the baseball is in hd now.
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2013, 12:21   #1577
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Quick question with sky's free day tomorrow will sky sports HD 1 become free to sky sports subscribers who don't have the HD add on for sky sports
Nope.

It not the real free day as Sky are just rebroadcasting Sky Sports 1 on Sky2 for 12 hours.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin201002 View Post
I'm glad they closed Espn America in a way, because all the baseball is in hd now.
For all we know if ESPN did not sell out to BT we may have ended up with ESPN America HD as ESPN deal with Virgin Media ended on July 31st 2013.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 16-08-2013, 12:41   #1578
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

a truly sensational piece of business by virgin media. i'd love to know how it all transpired. it goes completely against BT's business model. did bt fold at the last? Did virgin make concessions about the price to pay? was the deal already agreed months ago ala bomberAF rumour.

be interesting to know
Old 16-08-2013, 12:43   #1579
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknewark View Post
Unless VM have really annoyed SKY by bundling the BT Sport channels, will they become less willing to negotiate over Atlantic?
No. I don't think that will influence Sky at all. And Sky are fighting BT these days - Virgin Media is more a partner in the pay TV market for them, rather than a competitor. They each need the other.
The trade journal Broadcast reported on Sky discussing Atlantic with VM back in June (it wasn't BomberAF who started that particular story) and there were reports in other trade press last year that Sky had decided to wholesale the channel to other carriers.
I'm hopeful we'll see it on VM within a month but I don't have any inside info on that other than that posted on CF by HowardMicks and BomberAF.
But you definitely won't see Sky channels in HD on BT, nor Sky1, Atlantic or any of the others, even in SD
Old 16-08-2013, 12:44   #1580
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
a truly sensational piece of business by virgin media. i'd love to know how it all transpired. it goes completely against BT's business model. did bt fold at the last? Did virgin make concessions about the price to pay? was the deal already agreed months ago ala bomberAF rumour.

be interesting to know
l suspect there was give and take on both sides despite the sabre rattling and brinkmanship.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:47   #1581
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Heard someone in Tesco this morning moaning about having to pay for BT Sports when Virgin customers get it free. When the person he was with said didn't he have Virgin, he said no he had cancelled on August 2 and had SKY installed on the 9th. I laughed to myself over it all. He was going to try cancelling SKY today to go back to Virgin, doubt he will have much luck though.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:49   #1582
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richc1977 View Post
Nialli makes a good point about one more channel to go before VM have 50 HD channels.
Virgin are advertising VIP with 50 HD channels already.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 16-08-2013, 12:53   #1583
DaMac
Inactive

Services: VM 200mb Gamer BB, 1m Motorised Satellite, Netflix 4K, Amazon Prime 4K, VM M TV, Freesat HD.
DaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant futureDaMac has a brilliant future

I've been out of contract for ages and have been waiting to see what happened with BT sports, I will probably be open to resigning with VM now, would still like some decent 3d content and ssp 3 in hd but I'm sure ill manage, anybody have any idea if they will give me 2 tivos if i sign on vip100?
Old 16-08-2013, 12:54   #1584
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post

1 BBC ONE HD
2 Sky Liv HD
3 ITV HD
4 Sky1 HD
5 4 HD
6 E4 HD
7 Chan 5 HD
8 FOX HD
9 Syfy HD
10 TLC HD
11 ITV2 HD
12 ITV3 HD
13 ITV4 HD
14 ComCen HD
15 MTV HD
16 BBC TWO HD
17 Watch HD
18 Dave HD
19 alibi HD
20 Eden HD
21 Disc.HD
22 AnmlPltHD
23 Nat Geo HD
24 GoodFoodHD
25 SkyArts1HD
26 SkyArts2HD
27 MTV LiveHD
28 TCM HD
29 Film4 HD
30 SkyPremHD
31 SkyShowHD
32 SkyComHD
33 SkyActnHD
34 SkyFamHD
35 SkyDramHD
36 SkyScFiHD
37 Sky 007 HD
38 SkyThlrHD
39 SkySelctHD
40 SkySpts1HD
41 SkyAshesHD
42 Eurosp HD
43 Eurosp 2HD
44 ESPN HD
45 BTS 1 HD
46 BTS 2 HD
47 NHKworldHD
48 Nick HD
49 CN HD
50 BBC RB HD
Old 16-08-2013, 12:55   #1585
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Yes, Nialli is missing NHK World HD from his list as far as I can see
Old 16-08-2013, 12:56   #1586
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

I reckon they are counting the BBC Red Button HD

got beaten
Old 16-08-2013, 12:56   #1587
martin201002
Inactive

martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMac View Post
I've been out of contract for ages and have been waiting to see what happened with BT sports, I will probably be open to resigning with VM now, would still like some decent 3d content and ssp 3 in hd but I'm sure ill manage, anybody have any idea if they will give me 2 tivos if i sign on vip100?
They might do. Phone them up and say you are switching from sky more than likely you will get a good deal. I have 2 TiVo's but I got one in after install.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:59   #1588
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Do we know what the situation is with sports rights which will be broadcast on ESPN? I thought ESPN would just be ESPN america and was going through the football tonight and have found french football is actually being broadcast on ESPN tonight. Is all french football on ESPN?

Might get a bit confusing if its not...
Old 16-08-2013, 13:00   #1589
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
1 BBC ONE HD
2 Sky Liv HD
3 ITV HD
4 Sky1 HD
5 4 HD
6 E4 HD
7 Chan 5 HD
8 FOX HD
9 Syfy HD
10 TLC HD
11 ITV2 HD
12 ITV3 HD
13 ITV4 HD
14 ComCen HD
15 MTV HD
16 BBC TWO HD
17 Watch HD
18 Dave HD
19 alibi HD
20 Eden HD
21 Disc.HD
22 AnmlPltHD
23 Nat Geo HD
24 GoodFoodHD
25 SkyArts1HD
26 SkyArts2HD
27 MTV LiveHD
28 TCM HD
29 Film4 HD
30 SkyPremHD
31 SkyShowHD
32 SkyComHD
33 SkyActnHD
34 SkyFamHD
35 SkyDramHD
36 SkyScFiHD
37 Sky 007 HD
38 SkyThlrHD
39 SkySelctHD
40 SkySpts1HD
41 SkyAshesHD
42 Eurosp HD
43 Eurosp 2HD
44 ESPN HD
45 BTS 1 HD
46 BTS 2 HD
47 NHKworldHD
48 Nick HD
49 CN HD
50 BBC RB HD
You're missing BBC TWO HD from that list
Old 16-08-2013, 13:02   #1590
martin201002
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
You're missing BBC TWO HD from that list
He isn't its number 16
Closed Thread