Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | virgin media have run a cable up my wall

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

virgin media have run a cable up my wall
View Poll Results: can virgin media run a cable up my wall for another property
I think this is illegal 44 72.13%
I think it's ok 6 9.84%
I don't know 11 18.03%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14-07-2008, 03:21   #46
VM Installer
Inactive

VM Installer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: virgin media have run a cable up my wall

Sounds like a construction team should have been dispatched before the installers arrived.

In my experiance we do not touch any property other than the customers. If i cannot get my cable to the property, then i log it as a construction issue, this results in a team turning up to install new ducting under the ground as close to your property as possible.

If this cannot be done without routing across another property which you do not have permission for, then this would result in a Non Server. ie installation not possible at this time.
VM Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2008, 23:55   #47
roryboy
Inactive

roryboy is an unknown quantity at this point

totally agree with the above comments am now service tech for vm used to be install engineer for telewest that would either have been called in as a construction to move the tee or if that was not poss it would have come down to a way leave issue or failing these would have been passed in as non serv
roryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 13:45   #48
digerd
Inactive

digerd is an unknown quantity at this point

It must have been a difficult situation as with my neighbour and me - semi-detached, the cables were run underground in our gardens and mine cemented over incase I inadvertently dug into it and damaged it. But installers of things, like water, will always take the easiest - that with the least resistance- way of doing it and you will be fobbed off with ridiculous excuses, as i have been in the past
digerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 14:55   #49
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quite true, and this isn't the worst such tale we've seen on this forum over the years. There was an absolute classic a while back, with a BT sub-contractor digging a trench through somebody's lawn to reach a neighbour's house and leaving a right mess behind. That case actually got as far as solicitors letters before BT agreed to pony up. At least in this instance the local VM manager agreed it needed to be re-done without much hassle.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote