Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Hamas Israel War

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Hamas Israel War

Old 09-10-2023, 16:16   #61
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Hamas terrorists invade Israel, kill civilians and take hostages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Israel can absolutely be blamed for it’s location and expansion. They aren’t some passive actor, or a victim of chance, when they seize Palestinian land to give it to Israeli settlers.

Your two points are unconnected. Gaza was previously Egyptian territory which they lost int the 1967 war. Egypt didn’t want it back when the two countries made peace.

The Israeli settler issue is a disgrace and doesn’t help matters. I hope tha Palestinians keep out of this.

As is widely reported, this culture clash is founded on Iran’s desire to eradicate Israel. Hamas and Hezbollah are their soldiers intent only on murder. In UK, those same types did the 7/7 atrocities.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2023, 16:28   #62
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms NTL View Post
@noel43

I agree with you but I don't participate in this thread. Chris's thread title is bigoted, no major non-Israeli news organization call Hamas terrorists.
I think you are being harsh here. I think "terrorist" is an accurate description of these people who carried out these attacks. Killing unarmed old & young civilians is a clear example.
Old 09-10-2023, 16:29   #63
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I think you are being harsh here. I think "terrorist" is an accurate description of these people who carried out these attacks. Killing unarmed old & young civilians is a clear example.
Does that make Israel a terrorist state?
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 16:52   #64
noel43
cf.addict

Services: Tivo. XL (tv) L (bb)
noel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nicenoel43 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
and yet you just did ...

Hamas is designated as a terrorist group by the UK [and the EU] as well as the USA.

In fact, by Australia, Canada, European Union, Israel, Japan, Organization of American States, Paraguay, United Kingdom, United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamas

(The EU and OAS is over 50 countries in total)
Maybe so. Was the Marquis (WW2) in France considered terrorists ''no'' they were classed as freedom fighters. Israel is an occupying force and Hamas is trying to get them out of Palestine. Lets face we do what usa says, most of those countries mentioned rely on america in some form or other.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I believe isreal bombing and destroying civilian high rise buildings is also terrorism. Any attacking force can say enemy forces were hiding in building.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:52 ----------

Quote:
Yes has been for a long time.
noel43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 17:08   #65
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
@noel43

I agree with you but I don't participate in this thread. Chris's thread title is bigoted, no major non-Israeli news organization call Hamas terrorists.
Only because they're scared to call them what they are.

What do you call someone that murders a daughter in front of her parents, Sister and Brother?

A freedom fighter?

What do you call someone that kidnaps a young German tourist from a music festival then gang rapes and murders her then parades her half naked body around in a pick up, whilst inviting others to spit on it?

The poor oppressed?

What do you call someone that machine guns three old ladies waiting for a bus.

Brave?

No, I think terrorist sums them up perfectly. They're not soldiers, Militants or guerillas. They're Criminals.

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel43 View Post
Was the Marquis (WW2) in France considered terrorists ''no'' they were classed as freedom fighters..
Did they do any of the following?

Quote:
What do you call someone that murders a daughter in front of her parents, Sister and Brother?

A freedom fighter?

What do you call someone that kidnaps a young German tourist from a music festival then gang rapes and murders her then parades her half naked body around in a pick up, whilst inviting others to spit on it?

The poor oppressed?

What do you call someone that machine guns three old ladies waiting for a bus.

Brave?
If you want to compare Hamas to the Maquis, I would happily do so if they just attacked the IDF, or other strategic targets.

I don't know about you but I'm not for the raping of young women, and cold blooded murder of OAPs and Children.

If you are, then good for you.
Old 09-10-2023, 17:32   #66
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

A customary glance at anyone’s favourite search engine will find the IDF have raped Palestinian women and girls in the past. Does that make everyone who supports their actions, their war crimes, “pro-rape”?

Or is it just important if the victim meets a certain profile.
Old 09-10-2023, 17:43   #67
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Both are bad…

If one doesn’t condemn Hamas raping and killing civilians, does that make one "pro-rape"?

Or is it just important that the perpetrators meet a certain profile?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 09-10-2023 at 17:48.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 17:44   #68
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
@noel43

Chris’ thread title accurately reflects the designation given Hamas by the British government, also the EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. So away with you and whistle. And even if you wish to try to draw a distinction between Hamas as a political movement and this weekend’s actions, I am simply not going to debate with you or anyone else whether the scenes we witnessed yesterday in southern Israel are terrorism or not. These were the actions of terrorists, perpetrating terrorism. If you wish to equivocate on this, shame on you.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 17:53   #69
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

This is about to get bigger. 100,000 troops being assembled by IDF to wipe out Hamas, 300,000 reservists being called up to bolster the IDF to repel further incursions.

IMHO (and many others) this is all sponsored by Russia via their proxy Iran and to distract from Ukraine. The failure of the West to give more timely resorces needed for Ukraine to win rather than defend has caused this.

Russia welcomes weakness, get ready for another war in the Balkens with Serbia and Kosovar. The more they can distract the West and face no repercussions the more they will do so. Just like Hitler in the 1930.s

We have learnt nothing from history.
Attached Images
File Type: png isreal.png (24.9 KB, 62 views)
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 17:56   #70
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
In some contexts, I would say yes. Things get more complicated when trying to apply simple labels to state-level entities.
Old 09-10-2023, 18:00   #71
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
A customary glance at anyone’s favourite search engine
There's many stories of allegations

The below was Convicted and rightly jailed, for his crimes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ending...stinian-woman/

I've read the story, there was nothing I could see about him then murdering her and parading her corpse around the streets, they must of left that bit out.
Old 09-10-2023, 18:07   #72
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
There's many stories of allegations

The below was Convicted and rightly jailed, for his crimes.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ending...stinian-woman/

I've read the story, there was nothing I could see about him then murdering her and parading her corpse around the streets, they must of left that bit out.
So it'd have been alright if they left her alive then?

Pro-rape but anti-murder, at least we know where the line is I guess.

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Both are bad…

If one doesn’t condemn Hamas raping and killing civilians, does that make one "pro-rape"?

Or is it just important that the perpetrators meet a certain profile?
Both are bad, as you say.
Old 09-10-2023, 18:50   #73
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Definitely , having been to the area a few times , Israel definitely terrorises the ordinary poeple of Gaza . That said it is not except able action but the world really has no interest in upsetting israel . As it was put to me ,and make of this what you will . What would happen if the UN desided that a group of people need a homeland and moved them in to Yorkshire driving out the people there
Old 09-10-2023, 19:11   #74
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Definitely , having been to the area a few times , Israel definitely terrorises the ordinary poeple of Gaza . That said it is not except able action but the world really has no interest in upsetting israel . As it was put to me ,and make of this what you will . What would happen if the UN desided that a group of people need a homeland and moved them in to Yorkshire driving out the people there
My good friend Seph has comprehensively gave his thoughts on that last point.
Old 09-10-2023, 19:59   #75
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:

Pro-rape.
Pro-rape? Wow, that’s a peach even for you.

I suppose a terrorist sympathiser will say anything as they know the ground they’re on is so weak.