Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Other Telco Services Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Old 01-07-2010, 18:00   #106
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag3d View Post
Hello all, Update on my problem with BT.

I have had my lawn renewed and issued BT my costs. They quickly responded that they would pass this on to their contractor Carillion. To date I have heard nothing further.
The 28 days I gave them to respond has now passed. I will next week issue a court claim against BT.

Stick with it. It's unlikely BT's lawyers have been anywhere near this so far, but the moment they get a summons it will come to their attention. It will most likely be miraculously settled very quickly by BT at that point.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2010, 18:07   #107
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars

Stick with claiming from BT. It is up to them to claim from their contractors.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 13:44   #108
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

Another update,
Started court action, BT have suddenly found a solicitor to deal with it.
They seem to want to drag it out, they have entered their contractors as part 20 defendants, these people had untill yesterday 2/9/10 to respond to the court.
From what I can understand of the BT solicitors intention is that they intend to deny responsibility for anything thats mentioned. They insist that I should show proof of my claim [good job I followed advice from members about plenty of pics]. Most of the paperwork I received from them seems to concern them being able to claim through this court action from their contractors if the court should find against them with my claim.
I am not positive but they seem to me to be piggybacking little me's claim as a way of not having to pay out anything to anyone. Very impressive for a big company I'm sure.
Why they couldnt deal with their contractors after the case is decided is beyond me.
It is a worry that these people through experience know exactly what they are doing and they are manouvering me into a position whereby they can stitch me up. Still I'll know more next week one way or another, fingers crossed.
rag3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 13:50   #109
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Another update,
They seem to want to drag it out, they have entered their contractors as part 20 defendants, these people had untill yesterday 2/9/10 to respond to the court.
From what I can understand of the BT solicitors intention is that they intend to deny responsibility for anything thats mentioned. They insist that I should show proof of my claim [good job I followed advice from members about plenty of pics]. Most of the paperwork I received from them seems to concern them being able to claim through this court action from their contractors if the court should find against them with my claim.
I am not positive but they seem to me to be piggybacking little me's claim as a way of not having to pay out anything to anyone. Very impressive for a big company I'm sure.
Why they couldnt deal with their contractors after the case is decided is beyond me.
It is a worry that these people through experience know exactly what they are doing and they are manouvering me into a position whereby they can stitch me up. Still I'll know more next week one way or another, fingers crossed.
Good luck

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 18:05   #110
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

I really hope this gets sorted for you soon. It has gone on far too long now!
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 18:09   #111
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Good luck Rag3d! Let us know how you get on
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 18:45   #112
tdadyslexia
Inactive

Services: Cable Modem 60MB 2 TiVo Box's one, 1TB the other 500GB Plus Phone from NTL
tdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of lighttdadyslexia is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck.
tdadyslexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 18:50   #113
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Good luck and keep us posted.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 21:21   #114
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Another update,
Dont let BT's actions get you down, the small claims court are VERY used to dealing with big companys delaying tacticts and it dosnt impress them one bit. You have to remember that a small claims case ISNT delt with in a tratitional court room but actually almost totally in the judges "chambers" (small meating room) in a much more "informal" suituation. The actions of big representation in small claims actually has an adverse affect on a case.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 23:17   #115
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

What he said.

The best way to impress the judge in the small claims court is to get prepared, tell the truth simply and without embellishment, and present lots of supporting information ... in your case, the photos of your lawn plus evidence of the reasonable costs you have incurred during the whole sorry episode (that means, putting right the mess and pursuing your claim at court).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 22:25   #116
rag3d
Inactive

rag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enoughrag3d will become famous soon enough

Believe it or not its still going on. Since last posting I have had lots of copies of documents that are going between BT and their contractors. The contractors have accepted BTs liability and from what I can make out agreed to pay BT some costs. BT therfore have squirmed out of this and at this point I believe I will be going to court with the contractors who have taken the place of BT. These contractors have their sub contractors who have not put in an appearance at this time. Dont know if they will or if the main contractors will get on with it.Questionaires have been submited to the court and I await a date to attend, that is if the other side dont have another delaying tactic.
Old 23-01-2011, 14:57   #117
rag3d
Inactive

Patience is a virtue. After almost a year of chasing and waiting I have recieved full payment of the claim I made for the damage and costs involved when my garden was illegaly dug up. The party responsible ended up paying around three times the claim I made. This is because it was passed from the main contractor [BT] to their sub- contractor [Carillion]. They used their solicitors to deal with my claim accepting the liability from BT. The contractors who were working for Carillion and caused the damage [Cobra] agreed to settle my claim in full and I assume the costs of the other parties involved, these costs far outweighed the original claim I had made. The payment was only made a week or so before the court hearing.
Many thanks to all who put their piece into my problem, it does make a difference to know that you have the support of and receive advice from like minded people.
Old 23-01-2011, 14:59   #118
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Patience is a virtue. After almost a year of chasing and waiting I have recieved full payment of the claim I made for the damage and costs involved when my garden was illegaly dug up. The party responsible ended up paying around three times the claim I made. This is because it was passed from the main contractor [BT] to their sub- contractor [Carillion]. They used their solicitors to deal with my claim accepting the liability from BT. The contractors who were working for Carillion and caused the damage [Cobra] agreed to settle my claim in full and I assume the costs of the other parties involved, these costs far outweighed the original claim I had made. The payment was only made a week or so before the court hearing.
Many thanks to all who put their piece into my problem, it does make a difference to know that you have the support of and receive advice from like minded people.
Nice one I hope you received enough to have a family treat.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2011, 15:12   #119
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:

Congratulations!

'cus I'm a nosy bugger, how much did you claim for and how much did you get?
Old 23-01-2011, 15:52   #120
rag3d
Inactive

I was not to sure if I should disclose any amounts, but stuff them they made me wait long enough not to sure of what was going on and the cheques cleared so here is how it worked out with approx figures.

Claim to renew lawn; £460.00
My costs; £1000.00

Paid in full.

I understand the costs of other contractors against the people who caused the damage
were in the region of £2500 I believe they would not have had this to pay if they had dealt with my claim at the outset instead of burying their heads in the sand.

So instead of £1500 they are now I believe in the region of £4000 out of pocket.

My heart bleeds for them NOT