Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Old 13-01-2010, 11:02   #46
Guy T
Inactive

Services: VIP100 + Tivo
Guy T is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Caller Display "No Longer Available" after port

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
It's not down to the area but the actual Telephone Switch you are on. So there is nothing I could post that would make sense to anyone outside VM.
Are you saying here that the switches are totally non geographic ? Do the switches from the original franchises no longer serve only their original area? It just seems to be a waste of my time and expensive CS time to have everyone ringing every month to check!

Thanks
Guy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-01-2010, 11:10   #47
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

No of course the switches are geographic, but there can be several switches for a geographic area.

Just because one swtich in a geographic area may now be enabled for Caller Display, doesn't mean the others are.

Also, people living in next door streets may be connected to different switches.
Old 13-01-2010, 11:52   #48
Guy T
Inactive

Services: VIP100 + Tivo
Guy T is an unknown quantity at this point

If they are geographic a list of switches modified would still give an indication as to whether it was worth ringing CS to clarify - I am only trying to save CSR time here ! afterall it's free to call so I could waste their time every week!
Guy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2010, 22:35   #49
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Ime on an ex-BT number.
Even better
I didn't get time to call them today but will definitely call asap. We really miss caller display, not so much to filter calls, but to log missed calls. Plus text was really handy at times.
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 09:13   #50
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Services: Internet VIVID 150Mb Tv M, Phone - Talk weekends.
nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky621 View Post
Even better
I didn't get time to call them today but will definitely call asap. We really miss caller display, not so much to filter calls, but to log missed calls. Plus text was really handy at times.
Let us know how you get on then Sparky, I am not sure about asking for the texting as well, That might be asking a lot at this stage.
nigelmclelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 10:09   #51
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Customers with Bill Area references 01-18 (ex-TW) can Text. Customers with Bill Area References 20-31 (ex-ntl) can't. There are no plans to change this at present, sorry
Old 14-01-2010, 11:48   #52
nigelmclelland
Inactive

nigelmclelland is on a distinguished roadnigelmclelland is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Customers with Bill Area references 01-18 (ex-TW) can Text. Customers with Bill Area References 20-31 (ex-ntl) can't. There are no plans to change this at present, sorry
Thats not too bad, most of us have mobiles these days, however the more important issue is the caller ID.
Old 14-01-2010, 11:54   #53
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

My reference area is 22. I just phoned CS and was told that Caller ID is now available in Watford, Herts. I won't be convinced until I see it working. Will be brilliant if it does work
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 12:03   #54
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
My reference area is 22. I just phoned CS and was told that Caller ID is now available in Watford, Herts. I won't be convinced until I see it working. Will be brilliant if it does work
Brilliant !! I think Caller ID is enabled everywhere ! my area code is 20 by the way.

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmclelland View Post
Brilliant !! I think Caller ID is enabled everywhere ! my area code is 20 by the way.
By the way my caller ID was on within the hour of ordering it, But it may take up to 24hrs. Let us know if it works.
Old 14-01-2010, 13:41   #55
AlabasterLyn
cf.addict

AlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about themAlabasterLyn has a spectacular aura about them

Well it's actually working, I can't believe I can be so happy over something so trivial really
AlabasterLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2010, 13:56   #56
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabasterLyn View Post
Well it's actually working, I can't believe I can be so happy over something so trivial really
Good stuff - Lets get more posts like this, AND an area code list if pos to save time for CSR ?
Old 14-01-2010, 19:33   #57
AndyCalling
Inactive

Services: Fixed phone service (inclusive weekend calls) & internet service (200/12meg)
AndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud ofAndyCalling has much to be proud of

I have just called VM from my 02380 Southampton number (Eastleigh digital network, not Southampton analogue network) and got a UK operator who has enabled CLID on my line for £2.00 per month. Last time I tried (summer, when my VM connection was installed) they said it wasn't available. Ace!

I do have to wait 24 hours yet before it kicks in I was told. I'll post to confirm it's working when I get to test it.
AndyCalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 00:07   #58
sparky621
cf.addict

Services: VM B'band "M 200" TV "Full House" Tel: "Talk More Anytime"
sparky621 is on a distinguished roadsparky621 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To be honest texting was just a "nice to have".
As for no plans, well a few months ago there were "no plans" to roll out caller display so I live in hope as they say
Will prob call CS at the weekend.
Sparky
sparky621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2010, 09:32   #59
nigelmclelland
Inactive

Judging from the above posts it seems as if the spotlight here is on Customers with Bill Area References 20-31 (ex-ntl) being able to get caller display.
Old 15-01-2010, 09:49   #60
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

It's actually on ex-C&W customers ie. bill areas 20-22. all original ntl and all ex-telewest customers can get Caller Display already