Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Old 26-03-2010, 10:57   #796
zing_deleted

Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabmania2 View Post
i don't see the problem with your post, maybe it's because we are both an age that was expected to speak proper like lol!!, but i have to admit that this text speak really gets on my .... and if someone sends me a text message like it i don't reply to it.

it's just lazyness

Rant over!! but well done Sirius far saying what most of us are thinking
sometimes though saying what you think here isnt a good idea lol I find myself having to just leave it
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2010, 09:46   #797
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

Looks like they must have knocked the boxes off in my area as I have never seen so many Virgin Media employees as I have in the past week.

There are the construction crew digging up the street, canvasers going around the doors and general installers......it's crazy I see more of the Virgin Media employees than I do of my own family
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:45   #798
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Dodgy box!!

Was round a friends today, i didn't realise he had a dodgy cable box till he said. I told him "You do know they are being switched off soon don't you, and you will have to pay for it?"

He said it went down on wednesday and so did a load of others but he put a dongle in the back and it's back up and working!

It's a digibox branded box. The thing is our area was switched over on Wednesday but we haven't got our new cards yet. I told him about nagra 3 but he already knew all about it and he said that he's got a work round from a mate.

I thought nagra 3 was so far unhacked?

I'm confused, our area has gone over yet he's still using a chipped box?
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:47   #799
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Re: Dodgy box!!

In denial. Like most chipped box users. Once the new cards are in place it will be useless.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:47   #800
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Nagra 3 is unhacked, quite simply if you haven't got the new card then your area isn;t switched over yet. What would have happened is probably a key change.. Once the encryption changes a simple dongle won't work..

Anyway there is a thread concerning the new cards and another for dodgy boxes, will move this thread into that one

Threads now merged
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 19:56   #801
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Nagra 3 is unhacked, quite simply if you haven't got the new card then your area isn;t switched over yet. What would have happened is probably a key change.. Once the encryption changes a simple dongle won't work..

Anyway there is a thread concerning the new cards and another for dodgy boxes, will move this thread into that one

Threads now merged
My area must be switched over i have all the new channels, i have e4hd, scifiHD etc But no new card yet. I did say to him you'll need a new card. He has an samsung box, non v+ with a card and then the box plugged into it i think?

I did look for the dodgy box thread but couldn't find it after 3 pages.

I told him straight that he should pay for it like everyone else, he just thought it's very funny. Is it just coincidence that Wolverhampton switched over and his box went down temporarily?
Old 02-04-2010, 20:05   #802
fuzhoudragon
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Volt Bundle
fuzhoudragon is an unknown quantity at this point

we,re on the new cards and got the new channnels but the chipped boxes in our area are still working. Is there something else still to happen which will scupper them.
fuzhoudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 20:16   #803
tvtimes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzhoudragon View Post
we,re on the new cards and got the new channnels but the chipped boxes in our area are still working. Is there something else still to happen which will scupper them.
I hope it aint been hacked already!!
Old 02-04-2010, 20:21   #804
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Unhappy Re: Virgin media possibly getting serious on dodgy boxes?

I suppose until your area has become NGTV, no new cards are sent out. In my case there was a good month gap between my area Luton became NGTV and me receiving my new card.

Going on this logic, unfortunately same of the pirates still have a few months left to watch, as there is still 50% of the network not on NGTV
Old 02-04-2010, 20:41   #805
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Remember this N3 system has been in us on the Euro sats for a couple of years and it's withheld upto any hacking attempt.. The new channels are not an indication of them going totally to the new system, if they had then anyone without a new card would NOT get any service
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 21:04   #806
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

1. Area Switches to NGTV

2. New cards are sent out to area

3. Once satisfied that everyone in that area has a new card for their legit boxes old encryption is switched off

4. Dodgy boxes in that area become door stops
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 21:10   #807
TheDon
Inactive

TheDon has reached the bronze age
TheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze ageTheDon has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes.

After the new cards are sent out they'll turn off the old encryption which will stop the boxes.

There's a period where both the old and new encryption run side by side, and during this time both the new cards, old cards, and dodgy boxes will all work. Once they start turning the old encryption off though (and they do it in phases taking out sets of channels at a time) then both the old cards and the dodgy boxes will cease to work.
TheDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 23:35   #808
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtimes View Post

Was round a friends today, i didn't realise he had a dodgy cable box till he said. I told him "You do know they are being switched off soon don't you, and you will have to pay for it?"

He said it went down on wednesday and so did a load of others but he put a dongle in the back and it's back up and working!

It's a digibox branded box. The thing is our area was switched over on Wednesday but we haven't got our new cards yet. I told him about nagra 3 but he already knew all about it and he said that he's got a work round from a mate.

I thought nagra 3 was so far unhacked?

I'm confused, our area has gone over yet he's still using a chipped box?
May i just say again that N3 is unhacked anywhere in the world at this time. Using a card to circumnavigate the encryption is not a viable option with N3.

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:34 ----------

Quote:
Yes VM will ensure All Customers are on new cards then turn off the N1 encryption and then its door stop time for the dodgy boxes in that area.

And finaly a quote from a well known hacking site by one of there mods

Quote:
Important info regarding nagra 3
simple fact of the matter is this.
once your area goes over to nagra 3 and the older revisions are swiched off any box other than a payed for sub will cease to decode channels other than the terrestrial 1 to 5.
this includes after market boxes such as starview / kryptview and dreamboxes. it also includes modded original boxes and all cards from moscs to fun cards.

until nagra 3 is hacked this will not change. and for the record nagra 3 has been in operation on the european satellite networks for over 3 years so just because it's come to uk cable don't expect a over night solution.

any more threads opened asking the questions answered here will be closed and infractions will ensue.
So i take it the mods on that forum are ****ed with all the How can i get my box working posts

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:05   #809
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

That is quite impressive to have an encryption that hasn't been hacked after a few years, didn'ty the studios spend millions on Blu ray security and that was defeated in just days?
zantarous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:54   #810
marky
Inactive

Services: non wife took control
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star
marky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny starmarky has a nice shiny star

The spotty guy at the car boot sale that sells boxes with software on a disk will hack it in no time, hopefully spotty guy wont and we all get better service

Please tell me this includes knocking modems off, theres loads around here and they must be downloading NASA database
marky is offline   Reply With Quote