Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Man arrested when he plugged his phone charger into a socket on the Taipei metro..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mormons apologise for baptising Simon Wiesenthal's parents

Old 15-02-2012, 21:16   #1
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Mormons apologise for baptising Simon Wiesenthal's parents

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...mon-wiesenthal

Quote:
The Mormon Church has apologised after its members performed posthumous baptisms into Mormonism of the long-dead Jewish parents of famed Nazi hunter and Holocaust survivor Simon Wiesenthal.

The baptisms "by proxy" were performed last month in Mormon temples in Utah, Arizona and Idaho, according to the Los Angeles-based Simon Wiesenthal Centre, a Jewish human rights organisation named after the man who hunted down more than 1,000 Nazi war criminals in the years following the second world war.
Am I a bad person for finding this hilarious?
Old 15-02-2012, 21:28   #2
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Mormons apologise for baptising Simon Wiesenthal's parents

I expect the mormons are cussing about it as well.

Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:37   #3
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Mormons have form for doing this don't they? I remember Romney got some minor flack after revealing that his dad, who was a non-believer, was posthumous baptised. How weird.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:39   #4
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Not at all Maggy I quite agree.

I find the whole Baptism of the Dead slightly unsettling. The idea that the dead spirit can always reject their Baptism once it has elevated them to Paradise seems a trifle bizarre. Do they have to go back to where they were if they reject the Baptism, back to some form of none Mormon black hole?
Old 15-02-2012, 21:40   #5
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
[URL]

Nope, and they have an opt out clause
Quote:
The Mormon Church permits dead people to be baptised into the religion, with the belief that the dead person "in the next life" can then accept or decline.
Phew!
Old 15-02-2012, 21:52   #6
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:

Seems a little disrespectful to me.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:09   #7
RizzyKing

How the hell do you posthumously baptise someone i mean are they on meds or something all seems like headline grabbing to me and while the idea of a baptism being carried out for a dead person has an element of comedy about it this might be very offensive to people whose relatives may have been devout in another faith all their life. Carry this on for much longer and they would be better to rename themselves from mormons to morons.
Old 16-02-2012, 08:31   #8
murfitUK
cf.addict

murfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to allmurfitUK is a name known to all

I've got an idea. Why don't we start forcibly converting mormons to Judaism or Islam or something. See how they like it.

Next time they come knocking on the door selling the watchtower just splash some water on their heads and tell them they are now Catholics. Ha ha.

(Or is it the Jehovas who sell the watchtower - I can't remember.)
murfitUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 10:20   #9
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfitUK View Post
Next time they come knocking on the door selling the watchtower just splash some water on their heads and tell them they are now Catholics. Ha ha.

(Or is it the Jehovas who sell the watchtower - I can't remember.)
Tis Jehovah's that sell the Watchtower.

Mormons get on the bus when I'm going home from work to 'have a chat' - just cos they know passengers can't run away
Old 16-02-2012, 10:33   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

A friend just pretend he was gay and started chatting them up...that soon got rid of them
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 11:57   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Tis Jehovah's that sell the Watchtower.

Mormons get on the bus when I'm going home from work to 'have a chat' - just cos they know passengers can't run away
Put your headphones on and ignore them.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2012, 20:16   #12
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PqtCo.jpg (20.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 16-02-2012, 20:29   #13
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Amusing, but as George Taki pointed out, if you are going to create an Meme, you could at least spell it correctly
Old 22-02-2012, 13:44   #14
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:

Oh, so they apologise and then continue with their merry ways and baptise Anne Frank (for the ninth time) a week later. Pondlife...

Quote:
Anne Frank, the Jewish girl whose diary and death in a Nazi concentration camp made her a symbol of the Holocaust, was allegedly baptized posthumously Saturday by a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to whistleblower Helen Radkey, a former member of the church.

The ritual was conducted in a Mormon temple in the Dominican Republic, according to Radkey, a Salt Lake City researcher who investigates such incidents, which violate a 2010 pact between the Mormon Church and Jewish leaders.

Radkey said she discovered that Annelies Marie "Anne" Frank, who died at Bergen Belsen death camp in 1945 at age 15, was baptized by proxy on Saturday. Mormons have submitted versions of her name at least a dozen times for proxy rites and carried out the ritual at least nine times from 1989 to 1999, according to Radkey. But Radkey says this is the first time in more than a decade that Frank's name has been discovered in a database that can be used both for genealogy and also to submit a deceased person's name to be considered for proxy baptism -- a separate process, according to a spokesman for the church. The database is only open to Mormons.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1292102.html
Old 22-02-2012, 13:58   #15
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I don't really think you can take them seriously. Baptising someone by proxy, 9 times? It's just funny.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote