Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Copying copyright DVD's

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Copying copyright DVD's

Old 13-10-2004, 11:22   #16
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
Re: Copying copyright DVD's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifta
I obviously couldn't recommend DVD X Copy, which works perfectly, as that would be naughty.
I've not tried this one yet as dvdshrink and dvddecrypter have served my purposes.

I'll give it a look tho
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2004, 12:21   #17
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I've not tried this one yet as dvdshrink and dvddecrypter have served my purposes.

I'll give it a look tho
DVD2ONE is also very good, DVDXCOPY is the simplest, original in DVD Rom, blank in DVD writer, click a button, wait, done.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2004, 15:54   #18
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

More on formats here :-

Also some on blue ray and hd dvd as well

http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technol...vd_formats.htm
Old 13-10-2004, 16:17   #19
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars

I remember taping songs from the Top 40 on Radio 1.... and having to press the pause button juuuuuust at the right moment, so that you didn't get any of the DJ talking.

*sigh* Those were the days.

Oh, a bit but I think the question's already been fully answered
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 09:02   #20
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
And I can backup my collection to dvd-9 discs which means I don't have to loose ANY quality without removing anything. So what
how does you handle layer breaks?
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2004, 19:22   #21
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSAGES
how does you handle layer breaks?
I use my dvd shrink to create the image then nero 6.3.1.25 to burn it with. But some dvd players can't cope with the resulting dvd apparently, however my 6 (including pc drives - dvd recorder and players) can.

For more info read this :- http://www.nero.com/en/632164078246694.html
Old 19-10-2004, 14:22   #22
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society

many burning programs seem to have problems with the layer break. You are not guaranteed that it will be in the same place as in the original movie, so it might occur mid scene. Some don't burn the correct markers into the disk, so some players choke on the break and stop playing, or lock up.

These issues are generation one issues, and will be resolved in time hopefully
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote