Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | House move - only partial service on street

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

What hub to expect as of 1st sept

Old 05-09-2014, 20:07   #1
DJSADERS
Ex - McNicholas Guildford

Services: Sky Q 1TB, 2 x Sky Q Minis, Virgin Media Business Voom Fibre 2
DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to DJSADERS
Exclamation What hub to expect as of 1st sept

The install team i work on have been told to install the hubs as follows, this has been in place since 1st Sept

New Customers

Just BB

L50 - SuperHub 1
XL100 - SuperHub2AC
XXL152 - SuperHub2AC

Duals (Telco & BB) & Triples (TV, BB and Phone)

L50 - SuperHub2AC
XL100 - SuperHub2AC
XXL152 - SuperHub2AC

Existing Customers

Upgrades
L50 - SuperHub2
XL100 - SuperHub2
XXL152 - SuperHub2

X-Sell
L50 - SuperHub2
XL100 - SuperHub2
XXL152 - SuperHub2

Move and Transfer
L50 - Use existing SuperHub
XL100 - Use existing SuperHub
XXL152 - Use existing SuperHub
DJSADERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2014, 22:23   #2
pk1
cf.addict

Services: Sky Fibre Max Broadband, Sky Telephone, Sky Q 2TB
pk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to beholdpk1 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What hub to expect as of 1st sept

I am being upgraded on Monday to 152 and my order says SuperHub2.
pk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 22:28   #3
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Should you really be posting that info in public?
Old 06-09-2014, 09:59   #4
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Almost undoubtedly not but fairly self evident if you followed the history of previous SH1, SH2 release paradigms!

Also depending on your bundle,past and current performance issues and length of service it'll no doubt also be somewhat negotiable with Retentions as well.

Some area's(certainly mine) had already been partly releasing SH2AC's to customers back in late July. I certainly didn't have any problem getting a prompt replacement for my ELF unit that died within a week back in middle of July.

Perhaps a General Availability announcement to customers is just pending the next firmware fix from V1.01.08 ?
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 17:20   #5
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Great, new customers get the new stuff and old customers get the old stuff, that is a good way to keep customers who are probably paying may than the new customers. I don't know why VM haven't got rid of shub1 altogether, it has been around for far too long and with all the problems they have had with it it is time to burry the hatchet and move on. Very soon they'll have 4 different shubs on the go.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 21:46   #6
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Great, new customers get the new stuff and old customers get the old stuff, that is a good way to keep customers who are probably paying may than the new customers. I don't know why VM haven't got rid of shub1 altogether, it has been around for far too long and with all the problems they have had with it it is time to burry the hatchet and move on. Very soon they'll have 4 different shubs on the go.
SOLO 50Meg new customers?

---------- Post added at 21:46 ---------- Previous post was at 21:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Probably not, but now its out there, I Cant believe the SH1 has made a comeback
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 14:15   #7
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Are they just pawning off the last of the SH1's? I mean I can sort of understand, they're the lowest paying customers, may as well give them the lowest grade equipment. I thought most tech's had long since ran out of them though.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 21:36   #8
DJSADERS

DJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of lightDJSADERS is a glorious beacon of light

I was never told to keep it under wraps or anything... I guessed it was common knowledge or being sold as above

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
Are they just pawning off the last of the SH1's? I mean I can sort of understand, they're the lowest paying customers, may as well give them the lowest grade equipment. I thought most tech's had long since ran out of them though.
I've been getting issued 7 at a time recently of the shub1's
Old 07-09-2014, 21:52   #9
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSADERS View Post
I was never told to keep it under wraps or anything... I guessed it was common knowledge or being sold as above

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

I've been getting issued 7 at a time recently of the shub1's
How are you finding the sh1 psus?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 22:00   #10
DJSADERS

They are still on the consumables order form
Old 08-09-2014, 15:41   #11
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:

Doesn't look like that to me mate.........

Existing Customers

Upgrades
L50 - SuperHub2
XL100 - SuperHub2
XXL152 - SuperHub2

X-Sell
L50 - SuperHub2
XL100 - SuperHub2
XXL152 - SuperHub2

Apart from this of course.....

Move and Transfer
L50 - Use existing SuperHub
XL100 - Use existing SuperHub
XXL152 - Use existing SuperHub
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 15:53   #12
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

so why should a new customer with phone & bb get a shub2ac but an existing customer who is upgrading to XXXL and might be paying more for phone, tv and bb get a shub2?
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 16:12   #13
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
so why should a new customer with phone & bb get a shub2ac but an existing customer who is upgrading to XXXL and might be paying more for phone, tv and bb get a shub2?

You're absolutely correct, I didn't notice the AC part when reading the original post, my apologies, btw what's the difference between the two models, what does the AC part mean?
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 17:06   #14
horseman
cf.geek

horseman has reached the bronze age
horseman has reached the bronze agehorseman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
....btw what's the difference between the two models, what does the AC part mean?
802.11ac WLAN (potentially after wave2 15x faster than 802.11n) via a newer QCA/Atheros wireless chipset, other wise (almost) essentially the same as SH2(VMDG485).

....and bear in mind that the dispositioning of SH's are only (general) "guidelines" and you'll always find the odd exception! (official or otherwise! )
horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 17:42   #15
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

I'm assuming that you stick with whatever SHub you have when you get the free speed upgrade? Or do you now get a SHub 2? Haven't as yet had our speed upgrade but it'll be going to 50Mb when we do.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote