Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The General Cricket Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The General Cricket Thread
Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2012, 19:16   #1111
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Good game - much better than the 1st, but Pakisatan should have chased that down. #Gutted! Well done England.
You are as gracious in defeat as you are in victory.
Old 15-02-2012, 19:18   #1112
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Good game - much better than the 1st, but Pakisatan should have chased that down. #Gutted! Well done England.
Thanks Saaf but Pakistan gave us a fright and as i said well done to them.

I look forward to the next game.

Old 16-02-2012, 10:36   #1113
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17056426

Quote:
Former England batsman Geoffrey Boycott says Alastair Cook is looking like a "complete player" following his second successive one-day international ton.

Cook became the first England captain to achieve the feat, adding 102 to his career-best 137 from Monday, as the tourists beat Pakistan by 20 runs.

Boycott said: "It was totally different to how he played in the Test matches.

"His feet are moving well, he's getting right forward and right back. He seems to have a wider range of shot."
Old 16-02-2012, 10:42   #1114
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

I'd have taken 3-0 in the test series, 2-2 in the 50 overs, and pakistan winning the T20s before the series even started so I'm still kind of happy. To be honest I thought England would cream Pakistan in the tests and the only chance we would really have would be in the T20s.
Old 16-02-2012, 10:46   #1115
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Yes the test series was very poor for England and l was surprised by Andy Flower's comments after the first test where he said England were undercooked but fair play to Pakistan for exposing England's flaws.
Old 16-02-2012, 17:16   #1116
richard1960

Quote:
I'd have taken 3-0 in the test series, 2-2 in the 50 overs, and pakistan winning the T20s before the series even started so I'm still kind of happy. To be honest I thought England would cream Pakistan in the tests and the only chance we would really have would be in the T20s.
Englands record in one day matches has been ropey for a while and good in test matches i would have thought before the series test matches 2-1 to England, the 50 over one dayers 3-1 Pakistan and the 20/20 matches as you say even depending on the day.

In this series Saaf England have confounded me by losing all three tests and performing better in the one day matches.

As they say its a funny old game.

Old 17-02-2012, 14:06   #1117
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-16979759

Quote:
A former Pakistani international cricketer was named in court as the go-between who persuaded an Essex player to take part in a spot betting scam.

Mervyn Westfield, 23, has admitted being paid £6,000 to bowl so a specific number of runs would be chalked up in a county one-day game.

The deal emerged through team-mate Danish Kaneria, the Old Bailey heard. He was arrested but not charged.
Old 17-02-2012, 16:03   #1118
richard1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes denphone Danish Kaneria supposedly set up the whole deal for Mervyn Westfield but he was arrested and never charged with anything very surprising.

Westfield has now been jailed very sadly for him how a £6,000 spot fix has now ruined a very promising cricket career with Essex and Possibly England a very silly boy,and Kaneria although our premier sipn bowler at Essex was sadly also a very bad influence and his career also lies in ruins,althogh in the Kaneria case he was never charged.

It has also to be said Tony Palladino a colleague and friend in the Essex side made a brave stance in reporting westfield to the authorities.

Old 17-02-2012, 16:39   #1119
denphone
Still alive and fighting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17073679

Quote:
Kevin Pietersen has admitted he is frustrated by his one-day form for England but vowed to build on his opening partnership with Alastair Cook.

England face Pakistan in Dubai in the third game of the four-match one-day international series on Saturday.

While Cook has notched successive hundreds, Pietersen has scored just 14 and 26 in the two victories so far.

"I haven't scored the runs I wanted to. It's been very, very challenging," he told Test Match Special.

"The frustrating part is that I've always got myself in and then you get out.

"I've been lucky enough over the last 18 months that I've gone on and got some big Test hundreds and scored a lot of of runs.
Old 18-02-2012, 11:43   #1120
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Nice start by England this morning with Pakistan already in desparate trouble on 50-4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/17080332
Old 18-02-2012, 12:47   #1121
richard1960

Looking ok for England denphone i am at work at the moment but am going to be switching sky sports on for the cricket at about 2.30pm when i get in just looked on my mobile Pakistan 102-5.

Old 18-02-2012, 12:49   #1122
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Looking ok for England denphone i am at work at the moment but am going to be switching sky sports on for the cricket at about 2.30pm when i get in just looked on my mobile Pakistan 102-5.
Yes Saaf must be crying into his glass with Pakistan's abysmal batting performance so far.
Old 18-02-2012, 13:01   #1123
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes Saaf must be crying into his glass with Pakistan's abysmal batting performance so far.
I have put my glass down for fear of hurling it at my TV!

I'm hoping we get to 230, but in all honesty I can't see England having to chase more than 185!
Old 18-02-2012, 13:04   #1124
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I have put my glass down for fear of hurling it at my TV!

I'm hoping we get to 230, but in all honesty I can't see England having to chase more than 185!
Well you never know what can happen when boom boom Afridi is at the crease.
Old 18-02-2012, 14:29   #1125
richard1960

Just turned on 210-9 they might get to 220.

Closed Thread