Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 21:12   #616
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Neither did Hilary or she'd be 'locked up' like the Trumpster promised the faithful.
More nonsense. You really do need to do your research more.

Nothing was found because it was said she did not hand over ALL her emails to the investigation, she was also said to have lied many times over the issue. Not to mention her loving husband, Bill, spent 40 minutes talking on the back of a plane with the then US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, days before the FBI was to conclude it's Investigation into Hillary's email scandal.

Btw, It's Hillary with two LL's. There's me thinking you had an education the way you lambasted Brexiteers for not having any.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Was Hillary prosecuted for breaking any laws about her emails?[COLOR="Silver"]
See above.
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2017, 21:13   #617
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Austrian actor...
He's a naturalised US citizen (has been for over 33 years).

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
More nonsense. You really do need to do your research more.

Nothing was found because it was said she did not hand over ALL her emails to the investigation, she was also said to have lied many times over the issue. Not to mention her loving husband, Bill, spent 40 minutes talking on the back of a plane with the then US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch, days before the FBI was to conclude it's Investigation into Hillary's email scandal.

Btw, It's Hillary with two LL's. There's me thinking you had an education the way you lambasted Brexiteers for not having any.

---------- Post added at 21:12 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

See above.
So, no, then...

Why doesn't Trump live up to his campaign promise to appoint a special prosecutor to prosecute her?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:18   #618
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Well, if everyone one in TV adhered to that dictum, a certain Reality TV star wouldn't be President now...
Well nothing, that's bollocks. Trump did not use award ceremonies to hold his campaigns on. Here, have a wink back.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

Quote:

So, no, then...

Why doesn't Trump live up to his campaign promise to appoint a special prosecutor to prosecute her?
I don't know, wtf don't you ask him ?
Old 04-03-2017, 21:22   #619
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Well nothing, that's bollocks. Trump did not use award ceremonies to hold his campaigns on. Here, have a wink back.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I don't know, wtf don't you ask him ?
Why don't you?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:23   #620
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Why don't you?
You brought it up, you ask him. I don't care.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:25   #621
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
There's me thinking you had an education the way you lambasted Brexiteers for not having any.
In fairness to Mr K, I genuinely feel you have perceived offence when none was given. He has not passed judgment on Brexiters, he has discussed the reported profiling of those who voted to leave v those who voted to remain. I think that's it's an interesting debate that people should be able to have without fear of offending anyone.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:26   #622
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
In fairness to Mr K, I genuinely feel you have perceived offence when none was given. He has not passed judgment on Brexiters, he has discussed the profiling of those who voted to leave v those who voted to remain. I think that's it's an interesting debate that people should be able to have without fear of offending anyone.
He profiled nobody, here you go again with your 'profiling Brexiteer' crap.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:28   #623
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Some companies have out sourced factories to countries with cheap labour. He has convinced some of those companies to instead build those factories in the US
Those kinds of deals will not have been made in a few weeks, despite what Trump's administration says. They would have negotiated every single detail of the deal, and they are likely to have taken months, not weeks.

As Mick says, what we are told is not necessarily the truth. That runs true for the media, and it also runs true for the Trump Administration who have famously contradicted themselves, and established history in what they have stated. They have also shown they have a frankly frightening habit of banning the media outlets who disagree with them rather than ignoring them. Hitler's government started that way.

For democracy to work, we need a media that is free to question the incumbent administration.

Does Trump give a toss about democracy? TBH, I think as long as he is in power, he doesn't give a toss about anything else.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:28   #624
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
In fairness to Mr K, I genuinely feel you have perceived offence when none was given. He has not passed judgment on Brexiters, he has discussed the reported profiling of those who voted to leave v those who voted to remain. I think that's it's an interesting debate that people should be able to have without fear of offending anyone.
i don't feel swivel eyed loony is a compliment
Old 04-03-2017, 21:29   #625
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
You brought it up, you ask him. I don't care.
In fairness to Trump, I thought he answered this when he said that it was better for the unity of the country not to pursue this option.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:34   #626
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Wrong, get the story right Mr K...he used a private email account not a private server, which was perfectly legal and above board, while he was Governor of Indiana, he broke no laws.
Depends what was discussed in the emails. If, as I have read, he discussed the security gates at the governor's residence, he may well have been discussing something that is classified. If that's the case, then yes, he did break the law.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:35   #627
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Those kinds of deals will not have been made in a few weeks, despite what Trump's administration says. They would have negotiated every single detail of the deal, and they are likely to have taken months, not weeks.

As Mick says, what we are told is not necessarily the truth. That runs true for the media, and it also runs true for the Trump Administration who have famously contradicted themselves, and established history in what they have stated. They have also shown they have a frankly frightening habit of banning the media outlets who disagree with them rather than ignoring them. Hitler's government started that way.

For democracy to work, we need a media that is free to question the incumbent administration.

Does Trump give a toss about democracy? TBH, I think as long as he is in power, he doesn't give a toss about anything else.
Many of those deals were re-announcements. Every company wants to present itself in alignment with the President. If green credentials are important then they'll brag about their green credentials, if US jobs are important then they'll talk up those jobs.
There's a good analysis in a chart in the article below listing those which are down to Trump and those which aren't. The headline is a bit click-baity but the article is good.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...or-gm-wal-mart
Old 04-03-2017, 21:40   #628
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
In fairness to Trump, I thought he answered this when he said that it was better for the unity of the country not to pursue this option.
Well yes, I remember him saying that now so yes you are right, and I do actually agree with that stance.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Depends what was discussed in the emails. If, as I have read, he discussed the security gates at the governor's residence, he may well have been discussing something that is classified. If that's the case, then yes, he did break the law.
Personal email account use is/was allowed under Indiana law so I doubt it.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:41   #629
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
He profiled nobody, here you go again with your 'profiling Brexiteer' crap.
He discussed a report on the characteristics of those who voted in v out. He has not "lambasted Brexiteers for not having any." [education].
After defending Trump I'm now defending Mr K!

Last edited by 1andrew1; 04-03-2017 at 21:44.
Old 04-03-2017, 21:44   #630
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
He discussed a report on the characteristics of those who voted in v out. He has not "lambasted Brexiteers for not having any." [education]
Mr K, has form when it comes to prejudices of Brexiteers, he has certainly lambasted them for his perceived views of them having no education, only the other day, he claimed they were living in cloud cuckoo land, but this is not the thread to keep going on about what Mr K's wrongful views are.
Closed Thread