Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 25-10-2016, 17:51   #736
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Wonder why it says stream selected recordings ? I thought the current TiVo allowed Multiroom streaming of all channels now.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-10-2016, 20:12   #737
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

This was added info about v6 on tv anywhere but selected recordings will stream to phone

With a TiVo® box, your app lets you:

Control your TV – if your device is connected to the same home network as your Hub. You can easily scroll through the channels, see what’s on, then flick it to your main TV screen. Magic!
Manage your recordings – set up a Series Link+ from anywhere in the world when you’re connected to the internet

If you have a V6 box, you can also:

Watch some recordings on your mobile or tablet at home or download them to watch anywhere offline

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Wonder why it says stream selected recordings ? I thought the current TiVo allowed Multiroom streaming of all channels now.
This is about v6 box and the features the app will provide. So we will face some restrictions on what recordings we can download from v6 to tablet ( sky sports and movies maybe ) and steaming not allowed on 3G or 4g

When it comes to any sky movies if you can find them it's not easy it says "content not available when your away from your home network" I'm on my home network all else is fine apart from sky premium

When you go into what to watch and movies, there are movies just not sky movies and no Sky sports on demand to watch either

Also they claim "Sky Cinema and Sky Sports on your computer, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and Android mobile or tablet

Access your subscribed Sky Cinema and Sky Sports channels wherever you have a data connection on 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi" well I tested it and 3G 4g doesn't work

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 25-10-2016 at 21:05.
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 20:53   #738
pythagoras
cf.addict

pythagoras has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
From what I can gather, the new VM box compares very well indeed with Sky Q and the price will be competitive. I don't know why some are talking this down when they have no evidence to back up their pessimism
What have you gathered? I hope its more than VM are advertising as they are only advertising Netflix and youtube in 4K, no other channels or content:
https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst

Lets hope its more than this or the Sky Q will stay and the Tivo boxes will be going back.
pythagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 21:04   #739
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
What have you gathered? I hope its more than VM are advertising as they are only advertising Netflix and youtube in 4K, no other channels or content:
https://keepup.virginmedia.com/befirst

Lets hope its more than this or the Sky Q will stay and the Tivo boxes will be going back.
I agree but the apps lack of sky movies and sky sports box sets and no access to any sly movies or sports is not a good sign
Old 25-10-2016, 21:15   #740
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Also they claim "Sky Cinema and Sky Sports on your computer, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and Android mobile or tablet

Access your subscribed Sky Cinema and Sky Sports channels wherever you have a data connection on 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi" well I tested it and 3G 4g doesn't work
Quote:
I agree but the apps lack of sky movies and sky sports box sets and no access to any sly movies or sports is not a good sign
Sky Cinema and Sky Sports have their own apps. The channels and On Demand content isn't available through the main TV Anywhere app
Old 25-10-2016, 21:34   #741
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Sky Cinema and Sky Sports have their own apps. The channels and On Demand content isn't available through the main TV Anywhere app
Yeah but I have just been told for the foreseeable we can't download any sky premium content from v6 to our boxes due to sky restrictions. So you got a favourite movie on your V6 you WONT be able to download the recordings to your tablet device unlike Sky Q and a manager I spoke to said the only confirmed 4K will be Netflix reduced to £7 for V6 customers, youtube 4K, some virgin movies in 4K between £6.99 and £9.99 for 2 day rental and are in talks with BT Sport but no sky content from any sky channel in 4K.

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 25-10-2016 at 22:00.
Old 25-10-2016, 22:50   #742
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky don't have any UHD channels anyway , they have certain movies available On Demand , some box set On Demand and a few Football matches a week available through the red button.

If it wasn't for the Multiroom and flexibility side of Sky Q I certainly wouldn't pay for UHD alone.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 23:02   #743
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky don't have any UHD channels anyway , they have certain movies available On Demand , some box set On Demand and a few Football matches a week available through the red button.

If it wasn't for the Multiroom and flexibility side of Sky Q I certainly wouldn't pay for UHD alone.
This looks like a lot of 4K content to me:

Sky Q 4K content will include 124 live Premier League games, every Formula 1 race from 2017, 70 movies including Spectre and The Revenant, 30 hours of natural history and new dramas such as The Blacklist. Customers will be able to browse the 4K content via dedicated 'Ultra HD' sections.

And more to come.
Old 25-10-2016, 23:22   #744
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:

Sky Q 4K content will include 124 live Premier League games, every Formula 1 race from 2017, 70 movies including Spectre and The Revenant, 30 hours of natural history and new dramas such as The Blacklist. Customers will be able to browse the 4K content via dedicated 'Ultra HD' sections.

And more to come.
Sadly all the above won't be coming to V6, according to tests there isn't a UHD section in the software at all but box is 4K ready

Last edited by Ddonald2016; 25-10-2016 at 23:30.
Old 25-10-2016, 23:38   #745
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Sadly all the above won't be coming to V6, according to tests there isn't a UHD section in the software at all but box is 4K ready
The V6 isn't out yet lets see what January brings...
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 23:47   #746
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
The V6 isn't out yet lets see what January brings...
Well the fact that all 4K sky channel material is sky exclusive till march 2018?that don't look good
Old 26-10-2016, 00:12   #747
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well the fact that all 4K sky channel material is sky exclusive till march 2018?that don't look good
Thats what sky does, they don't have exclusivity over HD now, we knew this would happen with 4K would be exclusive....
Derekb108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 01:02   #748
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Thats what sky does, they don't have exclusivity over HD now, we knew this would happen with 4K would be exclusive....
Yeah it's true but what do we have or need a 4K box for
Old 26-10-2016, 04:10   #749
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:

Sky Q 4K content will include 124 live Premier League games

Sky have 126 games this season from the English Premier League.

Which 2 games aren't going to be UHD? Does anyone know yet, or is this a typo?
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2016, 09:20   #750
pythagoras
cf.addict

Quote:
Yeah it's true but what do we have or need a 4K box for
Well, there is a lot of netflix and youtube 4K content.