Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 28-11-2013, 16:22   #4051
martin201002
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD sports and movies HD, sky fibre pro, ps4 and xbox one.
martin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of lightmartin201002 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Agreed, the more sport they get hold of the better, can watch it on tv anywhere
martin201002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2013, 18:35   #4052
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Formula 1 should join BT Sport to avoid getting left behind.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...mula-1-2861041

Pay-to-view sports the new trend?

http://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/sport/00312...new-trend.html
Old 29-11-2013, 18:42   #4053
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

coughAlJazeeracough
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2013, 19:05   #4054
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Formula 1 should join BT Sport to avoid getting left behind.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formul...mula-1-2861041

Pay-to-view sports the new trend?

http://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/sport/00312...new-trend.html
I think there is a cultural problem with pay per view in this country, it's become a byword (phrase) for rip off. But done properly then it really could be the way forward. It would, however, mean less funding for minority sports.
Old 29-11-2013, 23:26   #4055
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I think there is a cultural problem with pay per view in this country, it's become a byword (phrase) for rip off. But done properly then it really could be the way forward. It would, however, mean less funding for minority sports.
Yup, PPV sports could work well. I would happily pay the ECB or RFU a few quid to watch the few tests I have the opportunity to watch when not working.

I would like one sport to break away from Sky or BT and offer their own service (which has been mentioned many times before before). I.E. ECB could charge £35 a year for access to watch all tests, odi's and T20's. It would "only" take 10 million cricket fans to give the ECB £350 million a year. I do not know how much Sky give the ECB, but I would imagine (when adding the sale of highlights) they could earn money this way than they could from Sky.

It's a pipe dream, I know but I will keep dreaming it.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2013, 05:55   #4056
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I've had a quick Google and the Sky deal appears to be with about £260m to the ECB, and they don't have to administer subs or worry about producing TV content. I think it would be a brave sport who would go it alone and put themselves up against subscription services carrying the Premier League.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:36   #4057
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I've had a quick Google and the Sky deal appears to be with about £260m to the ECB, and they don't have to administer subs or worry about producing TV content. I think it would be a brave sport who would go it alone and put themselves up against subscription services carrying the Premier League.
Ah, can't say I thought about TV production. However, sure the production costs would be covered in the price I would, in theory, pay?

I don't really care for football these days. Many millions don't either. My local club and England pique my interest now and again, but if I had Sky Sports for the cricket only, I would happily, and have happily, dropped Sky Sports. I would happily pay the governing body directly, rather than pay over the odds to help a third party rip people off.

I would happily pay similar sums directly to the RFU too.

If govern bodies are scared of doing this, Sky and BT should launch a PL service, and charge massively over the top for it. They could then let real sports fans enjoy the vast amounts of "boring" sports for a fairer price.

#pipedreamsagain.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 13:30   #4058
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Michael Owen is still unbearable to listen to.
Old 01-12-2013, 19:45   #4059
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
Michael Owen is still unbearable to listen to.
Not as bad as Jamie Carragher though.
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 19:49   #4060
thenry
Inactive

both suck.
Old 01-12-2013, 20:02   #4061
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
both suck.
l hate to say it but Gary Neville is one of the best.
Old 01-12-2013, 20:09   #4062
thenry
Inactive

ye hes slotted right in for Sky. Ed too.
Old 01-12-2013, 20:10   #4063
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
ye hes slotted right in for Sky. Ed too.
BT Sport need to get a few more big hitters instead of having a reincarnation of The Spice Boys.
Old 01-12-2013, 20:12   #4064
thenry
Inactive

good one. yup. may be with CL shifting over they can nab heads from Sky, ITV whatever. the way its going they may as well put Keys and Gray in.
Old 07-12-2013, 15:25   #4065
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just watched BT Sport after the United game and my god what an awful watch it was with David Ginola , Owen Hargreaves and Jake Humphrey possibly the worst post match analasys I've ever seen.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote