Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 03-12-2011, 20:27   #4216
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

At the behest of one of the band members, we went to see Rhombus at The Gasworks in Bradford.

They were really rather good!

Stayed overnight and today went back to The Karachi curry house, which was the site of my first taste of 'authentic' Asian sub-continent food 30 years ago. I was such a Southern Jessie (as in the review) that I too asked where the cutlery was!

Anyway, the Keema Massala was just as good as I recalled; a real trip down Memory Lane...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2011, 23:00   #4217
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Next week is the X-Factor final, and then another 10 months free of crap no good act who should have he vocal cords ripped out, for their crimes against music.
Old 04-12-2011, 16:10   #4218
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

2 weeks until I fly out!
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 16:14   #4219
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
2 weeks until I fly out!
Good luck.
Old 04-12-2011, 16:15   #4220
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
2 weeks until I fly out!
excellent

My happy thought, Natalie's mum is here next Saturday
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 20:42   #4221
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

Have been keeping this pretty quite up til now but, I am going to become an uncle once again. Its a boy and is due in January 2012
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:48   #4222
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Have been keeping this pretty quite up til now but, I am going to become an uncle once again. Its a boy and is due in January 2012
Congratulations.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:48   #4223
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Our precious 4 foot lemon and orange trees have made a miraculous recovery and are growing again!

We left them out (albeit in a sheltered spot and covered with fleece) during last winter and although they shed all their leaves they looked like they'd survived all the ice and snow. Sadly, however, in the following weeks/months they appeared to die, their stems turning brown and dry. I cut off most of the dead wood to burn and was intending to reuse the pots for something else but forgot all about them. Now I find about a foot of new growth on each tree coming from below the surface of the compost. Talk about a recovery! I've just been tending to them and the smell of their crushed leaves in the beautiful sunshine is just awesome - evocative of far more exotic places.

Anyway, they're supposed to be hardy down to - 4/5 degrees but, this winter, I'm going to be a lot more careful and will bring them into our garage when it get's colder along with a couple of date palms we have in pots.

Happy days.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:18   #4224
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Yes, I've seem a few large outdoor yucca type plants locally which appeared to have died right back and some have started growing again. It's quite amazing really.

I think maybe my decision to wrap the pots themselves in some old shower curtain material just made the difference between the compost freezing solid and not. They had at between 6" and a foot of snow surrounding them for more than a couple of weeks so it was a very near miss.

Anyway I've just been outside in the garden and I still have new growth, flowers and recently pollinated fruit on my tomatoes plus a few blossoms on our Bramley apple tree. Not bad for November eh? Let's hope a major drought in the spring/summer doesn't spoil the party.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:00   #4225
Kingofthedead4
Inactive

Services: XXL customer with movies and sport +HD And now TiVo.
Kingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of societyKingofthedead4 is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadGamer View Post
Congratulations.
Kingofthedead4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 19:14   #4226
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Was not sure to put this here or in the moans and pet hates thread?

The 6 month old is just starting to crawl (well the worm type of crawl)? Any one got a good site for 6" nails to batten down the hatches
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 20:45   #4227
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

last night I finished Saint Row The Third, my first ever game completetion, now to do a few side missions to get the 100%.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:28   #4228
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Got a cheap (£50) colour laser printer from ebuyer to print off the wedding service sheets, nice
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 13:37   #4229
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Got a cheap (£50) colour laser printer from ebuyer to print off the wedding service sheets, nice
Very nice.
Old 06-12-2011, 19:14   #4230
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
I keep being distracted by your avatar Dilli... who is that?
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote