Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 29-11-2012, 22:54   #1471
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Had a email back ---

Thank you for your comments we received regarding the issues you have
had with your account.

First of all I?d just like to say how sorry I am to hear you?re not
happy with our impending price increase. I understand your concern, and
I'd just like to take this opportunity to explain a bit about our
prices.

We regularly review all the services we offer and we'll sometimes make
changes to make sure you're always getting the best service and the best
value we can offer. As always we're totally committed to bringing you
the very best in broadband, TV and home phone, in fact, Ofcom has
announced that Virgin Media delivers the fastest broadband speeds in the
UK, for the fourth year in a row. And we're working hard to keep it that
way.

Our price increase is a part of the terms & conditions of using the
services as it is with many service providers. Customers who are unhappy
with the change have 30 days from the date of being notified to
disconnect their Virgin Media account without any disconnection fees. To
do so just call our disconnections team free on the numbers below.

We have launched Virgin Media TV Anywhere. This facility allows the live
streaming of channels to the iPhone, iPad, PC or Mac alongside several
thousand hours of on demand content. The iPad and online versions will
also allow Virgin Media TiVo customers to tap into their TiVo boxes to
record shows, manage their recordings and change their series links.

If you have any general queries please speak to our Customer Care Team
for free on 150 from a Virgin Media line or 0845 454 1111 from any other
line.

Thank you for your patience whilst we were looking into this matter.

Yours sincerely

Scott Harrison
Virgin Media Complaints Team

Firstly if we aint happy with the increase we can allways leave,Cheers vm
and your patience whilst we were looking into this matter.maybe they have gone looking for there bleedin new channels lol.
Got to say that is the worse email every recieved back from vm and it looks that its been passed on to somebody on there complaints team,maybe the ceo`s office team are on there xmas party at the moment with are price increases they can certainly have a good one.
Will await next email and post on here once/if recieve
Come on, did you really expect a decent reply??
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-11-2012, 23:21   #1472
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Standard reply for any company who gets a letter of complaint from a customer, don't see much wrong with what they wrote tbh.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 23:51   #1473
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

so only got 30 day from letter or email to cancel
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:06   #1474
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Reasonable amount of time imo, surely you can get something else up and running or just cancel in that period.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:07   #1475
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Not really m8
howardmicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:29   #1476
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
BT only give 10 days. 1 month grace period to decide is pretty good.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 00:47   #1477
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
BT only give 10 days. 1 month grace period to decide is pretty good.
yes im just looking at all the options at moment £76 for sky just for tv and that's without espn too only 1 recordable box instead of 2 I got now cant afford to pay £199 for second sky+ one so would say that's a no go at moment looking to other options too
Old 30-11-2012, 02:05   #1478
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
yes im just looking at all the options at moment £76 for sky just for tv and that's without espn too only 1 recordable box instead of 2 I got now cant afford to pay £199 for second sky+ one so would say that's a no go at moment looking to other options too
Yeah having 2 recordable boxes is a major plus. With TiVo and V+ I can record 5 channels at once plus watch a sixth!
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 07:22   #1479
affynity
Inactive

affynity is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently spend like ~£80 per month and while I may get XL TV, but I don't subscribe to movies or sports, and with L Phone and only 10MB non-fibre-optic broadband, I'm really not getting a competitive deal. With this new price increase and the fact that a new customer can get what I currently get for around £20 per month less, I can see myself cancelling and choosing a different provider.
I have zero loyalty and zero sympathy for non-competitive providers, so a simple price match doesn't cut it with me.
affynity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 09:31   #1480
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by affynity View Post
I currently spend like ~£80 per month and while I may get XL TV, but I don't subscribe to movies or sports, and with L Phone and only 10MB non-fibre-optic broadband, I'm really not getting a competitive deal. With this new price increase and the fact that a new customer can get what I currently get for around £20 per month less, I can see myself cancelling and choosing a different provider.
I have zero loyalty and zero sympathy for non-competitive providers, so a simple price match doesn't cut it with me.
You need to phone VM as you are paying too much. I have XL everything and 2 tivos and pay less than that.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:36   #1481
nn012
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media TV, Broadband and Phone.
nn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quadsnn012 has a fine set of Quads

So new prices are up on VM's website. XL TV is showing as being priced at £24.50 when taking a phone line (wasn't it £26.50 before?), line rental £14.99 and XL BB at £19.50 (£18.50 before?). I'm guessing a £1 increase in the TiVo fee to £4 as well. I'm makin it an increase in my bundle of just £1.09 as I can't see any other increases that affect me. Doesn't explain why my prices are going up by £5.34
nn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 10:55   #1482
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nn012 View Post
So new prices are up on VM's website. XL TV is showing as being priced at £24.50 when taking a phone line (wasn't it £26.50 before?)
Yes, I believe that they've adjusted the new bundle price of TV XL and phone.

It was £31.50 for TV XL with TiVo on top of a phone line on the site yesterday, it's now £29.50

Although that's only a 91p decrease on the total bundle cost, once you factor in the line rental increase
Old 30-11-2012, 12:43   #1483
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yeah having 2 recordable boxes is a major plus. With TiVo and V+ I can record 5 channels at once plus watch a sixth!
yes totally agree that's what I got 1 TiVo and 1 v+ box just did a price check for everything on sky comes to £103PM and only would get 1 to 3 meg bb that's shocking so would lose over 90meg bb speed and would lose espn too so no way I be doing that
Old 30-11-2012, 13:06   #1484
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Just been looking at the new prices and I make it a £6.84 increase on VIP from a few weeks ago when I last checked.

However, when attempting to change the VHD box for a 2nd TiVo the price shot up £18.25/month instead of the expected £5! Can anyone explain this? Is it too much to ask to get the pricing right on a website??? This surely can't be correct.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 13:20   #1485
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
However, when attempting to change the VHD box for a 2nd TiVo the price shot up £18.25/month instead of the expected £5! Can anyone explain this? Is it too much to ask to get the pricing right on a website??? This surely can't be correct.
I've flagged it again to the Sales team

Unfortunately what the website seems to be doing is dropping you down to the Premiere Collection + Extras, rather than just adding an additional TiVo fee to the VIP Collection