Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 23-11-2012, 14:02   #1351
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
More than that, I thought, but the current offering is IMO pretty reasonable - it's certainly not often I can't watch what I want in hd, and perhaps only football on ITV 4 is glaringly missing as far as I'm concerned, and that appears to have been tied up exclusively by Sky so what can you do?
I voted with my feet and have just moved to Sky
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2012, 14:28   #1352
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
I voted with my feet and have just moved to Sky
Good luck Chris but l shall not be moving despite the price rises as better the devil you know then the devil you don't and my partner is not very keen either.
Old 23-11-2012, 14:35   #1353
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Must admit I'm edging closer for the TV side of things. Haven't had my letter yet so will wait for that and then give retentions the opportunity to make a deal. Two price rises in a year aren't really on. Everyone has to go to the service provider that most closely meets their own personal needs. They have the right to complain if those needs aren't being met and then vote with their feet if those complaints aren't listened to. Being told that the price increases can't be broken down, and then being presented with breakdowns that have been provided to other customers, and then told off on this forum by a Virgin employee because the right to complain and then move is apparently an "I'm alright, Jack" attitude, despite that actually being the customer's right, obviously hasn't massively improved my mood - I've sadly, and very quickly, got to the stage where Virgin are going to have to work hard to keep me.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:41   #1354
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firmsky View Post
My price is going up around £4.80ish! Can't recall the exact figure.

Had a look round at a similar package from Sky and I would end up paying roughly the same but making a saving by getting some cash back from quidco or similar. I'd have to pay for a 2nd recordable box £199!) in order to get catch up on both boxes and I'd be limited to recording two channels, I'd struggle with this as most of my recordings are peak time and even with TiVo I have clashes!

I'll carry on with VM due to the superior catch up and 3 tuners but I do hope they add Sky Sports 3 and 4 in HD sooner rather than later and add some content to their iPad app.
sky wont allow that
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:44   #1355
MrB
cf.addict

MrB is on a distinguished roadMrB is on a distinguished road

£5.45 per month (+12%) rise ... .

MrB
MrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 14:48   #1356
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
sky wont allow that
Indeed Dave and l can't see that changing anytime soon.
Old 23-11-2012, 15:00   #1357
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
That's why I specifically said non Premium channels. If you aren't a subscriber to Sky sports or movies, on VM all the other HD channels are free; on Sky, they will still cost you an extra £10.25 p/m
That really depends on how you look at it , comparing purely TV a PVR user wanting the top basics pack would have to pay £31.50 for XL and TIVO compared to £36.75 on Sky for Entertainment plus meaning the difference is £5.25 , if the reports are correct and XL TV rises £1.50 in February 13 the difference will come down to £3.75 until Sky review their prices in September 13.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:02   #1358
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

IF someone on this forum can prove me how VM can justify the increase in there prices three times in the SAME year, then l will shut up.

Also if TiVo is so good how can l have so much trouble with the damn thing, it turns channels over without warning and the sound keeps going up and down, and the engineers have said that there is no fault with it. Fob story if you ask me.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:13   #1359
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
IF someone on this forum can prove me how VM can justify the increase in there prices three times in the SAME year, then l will shut up.
Cost of stuff goes up. Fact of life.

Quote:
Also if TiVo is so good how can l have so much trouble with the damn thing..
Because technology isn't perfect.

Quote:
it turns channels over without warning
No it doesn't.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:16   #1360
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post

Also if TiVo is so good how can l have so much trouble with the damn thing, it turns channels over without warning and the sound keeps going up and down, and the engineers have said that there is no fault with it. Fob story if you ask me.
1 forced by sky or did you forget that but I do agree should only ever be 1 a year by VM
Old 23-11-2012, 15:23   #1361
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That really depends on how you look at it , comparing purely TV a PVR user wanting the top basics pack would have to pay £31.50 for XL and TIVO compared to £36.75 on Sky for Entertainment plus meaning the difference is £5.25 , if the reports are correct and XL TV rises £1.50 in February 13 the difference will come down to £3.75 until Sky review their prices in September 13.
And you can bet your bottom dollar that their prices will go up then and possibly by even more then VM.
Old 23-11-2012, 15:26   #1362
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And you can bet your bottom dollar that their prices will go up then and possibly by even more then VM.
I can live with an increase once a year , but three is stretching it.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:27   #1363
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I can live with an increase once a year , but three is stretching it.
Yes its not what we wanted but remember good old Sky imposed one of them on us and you can be rest assured that another one from them is coming later this year.
Old 23-11-2012, 15:35   #1364
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Weirdly I just phoned up to give my 30 days notice to no penalty contract freedom and the lad made no attempt what so ever to keep my custom. Apart from a cursory 'are you ok with not being able to get superfast broadband from Sky' (couldn't seem to comprehend I was already using said superfast broadband whilst I was chatting on the phone, but I let it be), he happily just arranged for my stuff to be collected and called it a day.

I guess they must be getting a fair few of these at the minute?
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 15:35   #1365
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes its not what we wanted but remember good old Sky imposed one of them on us and you can be rest assured that another one from them is coming later this year.
yep Den be September there prices go up again