Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 11-12-2012, 16:41   #1651
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
then it rules out distance from the exchange being the issue.
Distance is only a factor on ADSL or to a lesser extent BT Fibre,

But for both VM and others you would need to know what package the customer is supposed to be on to know whether faster speeds are showing congestion or maybe line length issues

Just saying 'BT' or 'TalkTalk' could cover multiple packages.

All it tells you is whether you could get above your current speed or not.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:38 ----------

For instance in my area which is Sky LLU, one Sky test shows 1Mbit and another Sky test on the same street shows 20Mbit.

So all I can gather from that is that Sky can do up to 20Mbit - it doesn't tell me why the other one is only getting 1MB
Old 11-12-2012, 17:13   #1652
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post

as you see im 100meg that's what I get would only get 1 to 3 meg on sky no one on here would lose over 90meg to switch
I am.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:22   #1653
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I am.
Good luck Chad and remember you are always be welcomed on here despite being drawn to the dark side.
Old 11-12-2012, 17:24   #1654
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I am.
shocked at that then mate but good luck with dark side only channels I want of them would be the missing sports HD channels but know they will never allow that
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:26   #1655
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Cheers lads. Feel free to send any spare bandwidth my way and I'll record you some Games of Thrones etc...
Old 11-12-2012, 17:52   #1656
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Cheers lads. Feel free to send any spare bandwidth my way and I'll record you some Games of Thrones etc...
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 17:54   #1657
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Chad, if I can, can I ask how your conversation with Virgin went today and what the outcome was?
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:12   #1658
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
No thanks Chad as l have bought Series one earlier this year and have ordered Series two as well.
Old 11-12-2012, 18:21   #1659
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
No thanks Chad as l have just bought Series one and have ordered Series two as well.
Didn't you tell us you'd had it bought for you back in March 2012

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2384.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:32   #1660
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Season One was shown on Sky One, though that doesn't guarantee that we will get future seasons on VM.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 18:45   #1661
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Didn't you tell us you'd had it bought for you back in March 2012

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35...-post2384.html
I wonder if he brought the Blu Ray set this time and will sell the DVD set
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:10   #1662
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well my parents when they got Sky installed two years ago were promised 20Mb and the most they get is about 1Mb and despite all their protests about the promised speeds the speeds are still the same.
It would appear your parents Broadband isn't on Sky's network it uses Sky connect which is just a rebranded BT IP resale , they are also on an extremely long line , I believe Sky Connect also only offers upto 8mb rather than the upto 20mb available when on Sky's own network.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35393061-post9.html
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:13   #1663
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Chad, if I can, can I ask how your conversation with Virgin went today and what the outcome was?
I'm on the phone to Virgin just now. I'm currently on hold. I did tell them on Saturday that I planned to leave.

Oh just been told they are busy and I could be 15 minutes. I was then told I might like to call them back later and goodbye. The call was ended! I was happy to bloody wait.

Back on the phone again
Old 11-12-2012, 19:15   #1664
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

Just had to wait 5min after being told earlier 15+minute wait.
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 19:15   #1665
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Oh just been told they are busy and I could be 15 minutes. I was then told I might like to call them back later and goodbye. The call was ended! I was happy to bloody wait.
Class!
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote