Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 30-11-2012, 13:22   #1486
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I've flagged it again to the Sales team

Unfortunately what the website seems to be doing is dropping you down to the Premiere Collection + Extras, rather than just adding an additional TiVo fee to the VIP Collection
Thanks Ben, much appreciated.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-11-2012, 14:57   #1487
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Just had my price rise £4.34 a month on top the rise earlier in the year represents a near 7 % rise in 10 months I would love to hear the justification in this currant climate.
I will offset some of the rise by paying the land line rental up front.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 15:17   #1488
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I will offset some of the rise by paying the land line rental up front.
Will likely do the same, but going to wait till just prior to Feb 1st to do so.
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 15:25   #1489
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Will likely do the same, but going to wait till just prior to Feb 1st to do so.
I have just contacted retentions and got a really good deal IMO. Paying line rental up front and keeping the same package my bill has dropped from £100.25 a month to £80.25 rising to £82.25 in February for a new 12 month contract.
Nice to see VM are prepared to look after long standing customers.;D
Old 30-11-2012, 16:04   #1490
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I have just contacted retentions and got a really good deal IMO. Paying line rental up front and keeping the same package my bill has dropped from £100.25 a month to £80.25 rising to £82.25 in February for a new 12 month contract.
Nice to see VM are prepared to look after long standing customers.;D
Nice to see that you got a good deal.
Old 30-11-2012, 16:13   #1491
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Nice to see that you got a good deal.
Thanks Den
Old 30-11-2012, 16:47   #1492
nashmills
Inactive

Services: 500GB TiVo (TV M), BB 100Mb, Phone M
nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

I've paid my line rental up front so have recently been paying £30 for 60Mb broadband and M+ TV. After getting my increase letter I phoned to cancel the TV and downgrade the broadband to 30Mb to save some money.

I was put through to retentions and was offered 30Mb broadband and M TV for £17.50 (plus the already paid for phone rental). I thought this was a good deal so I accepted.

However, I have just had a letter today which talks about a new contract and having 7 days to change my mind. The agent I spoke to made no mention of a new contract. Does this mean I am now committed for 12 months unless I cancel?
nashmills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 16:50   #1493
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
I've paid my line rental up front so have recently been paying £30 for 60Mb broadband and M+ TV. After getting my increase letter I phoned to cancel the TV and downgrade the broadband to 30Mb to save some money.

I was put through to retentions and was offered 30Mb broadband and M TV for £17.50 (plus the already paid for phone rental). I thought this was a good deal so I accepted.

However, I have just had a letter today which talks about a new contract and having 7 days to change my mind. The agent I spoke to made no mention of a new contract. Does this mean I am now committed for 12 months unless I cancel?
Yes you will have verbally entered into another 12 months contract with them when you negotiated your deal.
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 17:09   #1494
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

12 or 18.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 17:11   #1495
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Virgin have now got round to updating the prices for the price rise

BB 30Mb will be £14.50pm
BB 60Mb will be £19.50pm
BB 100Mb will be £27pm

These prices are if you take a phone line at £14.99pm

Broadband only prices without a phone line appear to have no change

TV M will be £13pm
TV L will be £21.50pm
TV XL will be £29.50pm

These prices are if you take a phone line at £14.99pm

The TiVo monthly sub remains £5pm an additional box remains £11.50pm
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 17:23   #1496
nashmills
Inactive

nashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about themnashmills has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiechris View Post
Yes you will have verbally entered into another 12 months contract with them when you negotiated your deal.
Are they allowed to put me on a new contract without asking me first?
Old 30-11-2012, 17:31   #1497
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmills View Post
Are they allowed to put me on a new contract without asking me first?
They clearly stated in my call a new 12 month contract and I had 7 days to cancel.
Old 30-11-2012, 18:07   #1498
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

I don't think they always do that, though. Anecdotally, at least. They should, of course
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2012, 18:32   #1499
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
I don't think they always do that, though. Anecdotally, at least. They should, of course
I suppose it depends, I always ask questions to make sure I know exactly what I am getting and what is involved, so maybe that is why I was told .
As you say it should be mandatory that the customer is made fully aware of the implications of their new deal.
Old 30-11-2012, 18:59   #1500
nashmills
Inactive

Nowhere in the letter does it mention how long they've tied me in for but it does say if I've used any of the services since they were activated my right to cancel is gone. I think that is shameful business practice. Surely the letter should have detailed exactly what both parties are agreeing to and require me to sign and return as acceptance.