Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 17-10-2011, 00:18   #5386
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryHintonBlu View Post
When I tried it with a broadcast movie, I got a cutdown set of options - "Record this movie" and "Explore this show".
What happens when you record a sporting event live ?
Advertisement
Old 17-10-2011, 00:29   #5387
Jameseh

Quote:
If I go to "Help & Settings" > "System Info" there's an option there for "Multi Room Streaming"...
Awesome, didn't expect it this fast.

Old 17-10-2011, 08:33   #5388
CherryHintonBlu
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, Virgin Media 100Mb+ internet
CherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enough

Live sports events seem to give the same recording options as a regular show, although there are no future events in the series.
Old 17-10-2011, 08:36   #5389
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I'll admit I didn't use the YouTube app frequently, but it doesn't look any different to me. None of that auto-play stuff I've seen mentioned is happening here. http://t.co/bo5SaVa6
That doesn't seem to be the new one from what has been described. As far as I know it's supposed to resemble www.youtube.com/leanback
Old 17-10-2011, 08:57   #5390
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I'll admit I didn't use the YouTube app frequently, but it doesn't look any different to me. None of that auto-play stuff I've seen mentioned is happening here. http://t.co/bo5SaVa6

Here's the dialogue box which comes up when you hit record: http://t.co/szRBWVFF ...clicking OK on Express Series Link sends you back to the programme and doesn't require any further confirmation. When I tried it with a broadcast movie, I got a cutdown set of options - "Record this movie" and "Explore this show".

Here's the TV Guide going back into the past, with the channel names over on the right: http://t.co/VLiej7hd

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:11 ----------

Hard to say if the SD picture is better, it certainly looks good but it always did. I haven't taken a picture of Sky channels showing in the mini preview, but I can assure you they work (watching SSN now).
That's the old YouTube app.
Old 17-10-2011, 09:27   #5391
CherryHintonBlu
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, Virgin Media 100Mb+ internet
CherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enough

That's interesting! Well, I've definitely got the new software, and that's the YouTube app I've got with it. Maybe they've already withdrawn the new YouTube app? (I wouldn't object, given the concerns expressed about it here)
Old 17-10-2011, 09:36   #5392
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That's interesting! Well, I've definitely got the new software, and that's the YouTube app I've got with it. Maybe they've already withdrawn the new YouTube app? (I wouldn't object, given the concerns expressed about it here)
The new app is distributed as the standard YouTube app on the Samsung smart TV's as well. Samsung users universally hate it and spend most there spare time telling Google so. So google know that it's rubbish.

---------- Post added at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
That doesn't seem to be the new one from what has been described. As far as I know it's supposed to resemble www.youtube.com/leanback
If it resembled that app I don't think people would complain.
Old 17-10-2011, 13:00   #5393
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
Yes. That's a miserable forum, eh?
What do you expect? Its a Help and Support Forum.
Old 17-10-2011, 14:08   #5394
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point
tycho

Quote:
If I go to "Help & Settings" > "System Info" there's an option there for "Multi Room Streaming"....

If there is anyone in the pilot area that has 2 or more Tivo's, could I trouble you confirm if this functionality is actually enabled and working in the new update - or have VM simply added some menu options, for later updated?

This is 1 function I'm really waiting for eagerly, and just find it a bit odd, that VM have finally released some official work on what is in the update, but dont mention this - I would have thought if it was live they would be making a big thing out of it?

Cheers
Old 17-10-2011, 14:26   #5395
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: tycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
If there is anyone in the pilot area that has 2 or more Tivo's, could I trouble you confirm if this functionality is actually enabled and working in the new update - or have VM simply added some menu options, for later updated?

This is 1 function I'm really waiting for eagerly, and just find it a bit odd, that VM have finally released some official work on what is in the update, but dont mention this - I would have thought if it was live they would be making a big thing out of it?

Cheers
Agreed; It's the feature I'm waiting most for, and keen to know if and how it works. The padding implementation doesn't inspire much confidence!
Old 17-10-2011, 14:47   #5396
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

My father currently has 1 x Samsung V+HD and 1 x SD Samsung , he is fed up with the lack of storage on V+ and wants TIVO my question is this

How much would he pay for 2 x 500gb ?
Old 17-10-2011, 14:50   #5397
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
My father currently has 1 x Samsung V+HD and 1 x SD Samsung , he is fed up with the lack of storage on V+ and wants TIVO my question is this

How much would he pay for 2 x 500gb ?
£49.95
Old 17-10-2011, 14:53   #5398
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post

Cheers
Very keen to know this too. This is the feature that really caught my eye when I was reading about TIVO before it was released. Out of interest, does anyone know how much it would cost to replace my V+ box with a 2nd TIVO (500Gb would do)? I'm on VIP50.
Old 17-10-2011, 14:56   #5399
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Out of interest, does anyone know how much it would cost to replace my V+ box with a 2nd TIVO (500Gb would do)? I'm on VIP50.
The cost of install only - £49.95

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
£49.95
For 2 x 500GB? It would be £99.90

1 TiVo at £0 activation
1 TiVo at £49.95 activation

and £49.95 installation
Old 17-10-2011, 15:01   #5400
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The cost of install only - £49.95

---------- Post added at 14:56 ---------- Previous post was at 14:55 ----------

For 2 x 500GB? It would be £99.90

1 TiVo at £0 activation
1 TiVo at £49.95 activation

and £49.95 installation
i stand corrected i tought both would be free oops my bad
Closed Thread