Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2011, 19:31   #5296
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
So you know and are not allowed to say ?
No i do not know but it is very easy to guess? And you view enough forums you will find out bit by bit what is happening?
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2011, 19:35   #5297
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
So the BBC and Sky Sports red button will be activated in Nov when the tivo update is fully rolled out
How many times do you have to be told red button features will be made available in the future, current estimates are early 2012, this update is the first Major one to arrive, more new features / fixes will happen only when they are ready.
Old 13-10-2011, 19:41   #5298
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Can I politely request that posters stop repeating the same unverified information over and over again - it adds no value to the discussion
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:04   #5299
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You have been told numerous times that the update has nothing to do with red button. It will be added as an app as soon as its ready.

Stop asking already.
Ditto, he's asked this same question on my blog!

Time for me to remove comments.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:12   #5300
Dean Ashton
cf.member

Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Dean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really nice

Found the update on my TiVo box this evening (I'm in Cambridge), and I'm *very* impressed by the improved speed.. channel changes are almost instant (as is bringing up the guide). Nice to have the pictures from Sky channels continue when in the guide too.

Will play around with some of the other stuff when I have time - I guess I'd best get a network switch bought too if I'm to connect my TiVo to be able to use the upcoming iPad app!

Dean
Old 13-10-2011, 20:14   #5301
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ashton View Post
Found the update on my TiVo box this evening (I'm in Cambridge), and I'm *very* impressed by the improved speed.. channel changes are almost instant (as is bringing up the guide). Nice to have the pictures from Sky channels continue when in the guide too.

Will play around with some of the other stuff when I have time - I guess I'd best get a network switch bought too if I'm to connect my TiVo to be able to use the upcoming iPad app!

Dean
How is the SD picture quality has it improved ?
Old 13-10-2011, 20:19   #5302
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHM View Post
I am in Cambridge and got the update at 2.00am. The good news for you is that multi room streaming is now catered for in this update.

--John
Thanks for the confirmation

Quote:
zantarous will be pleased
He is!
Old 13-10-2011, 20:26   #5303
Dean Ashton
cf.member

Services: VIP50 + TiVo
Dean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really niceDean Ashton is just really nice

Quote:
How is the SD picture quality has it improved ?
It looks to be a *little* better (not quite as soft as before), but then I didn't really think it was so bad before.

The interlacing issue (with reversed odd/even fields, as discussed in the TiVo picture quality thread) seems to have been resolved too, from an initial look.

Dean
Old 13-10-2011, 20:27   #5304
HDFootyMan
Inactive

HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:

Dean
The guide was always instant (on mine anyway), I believe that's cached in memory.

Would love to know if the speed of bringing up the My Shows page has improved.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:30   #5305
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
The guide was always instant (on mine anyway), I believe that's cached in memory.
I think you were the only one then!
Old 13-10-2011, 20:33   #5306
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
I think you were the only one then!
Most definately. The Red Doughnut of Doom has been a regular visitor here, on virtually any menu screen.

Phil
Old 13-10-2011, 20:35   #5307
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Dean
Thanks for the info Dean. Looking forward to getting this update!
Old 13-10-2011, 20:39   #5308
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

In the system info menu, is it normal for the box to show the following?

Guide View Cache:
Cache to: Thursday January 01 00:00
Old 13-10-2011, 20:49   #5309
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-ntl View Post
Most definately. The Red Doughnut of Doom has been a regular visitor here, on virtually any menu screen.

Phil
Were talking about the same guide, right? As in the EPG? Pressing the Guide button on the remote? ...even old reviews have said that its instant.
Old 13-10-2011, 20:56   #5310
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Were talking about the same guide, right? As in the EPG? Pressing the Guide button on the remote? ...even old reviews have said that its instant.
Pressing the guide button and paging through the channels.
Closed Thread