Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 13:34   #5191
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
It's not true. I explained why here.
sorry spiderplant forgot. So the sky sports red button could just appear without a software update. BBC red button in year or so will be worthless when the BBC reduce the streams on all platforms to 1 after olympics. The BBC when look to put the streams on IPTV. which means Tivo.
So in years to come there could be a BBC app
Quote:
2.1.7 Reductions in transmission spend
The cost of transmitting the BBC’s services is predicted to rise significantly as platforms proliferate, which in turn reduces the amount we can spend on content. The BBC must aim to contain these costs wherever possible while continuing the journey to a fully digital future. This will involve some difficult choices, particularly as we ramp down outdated or transitional transmission technologies. We therefore propose:
• A phased reduction of broadcast Red Button services, reducing the number of interactive streams to one across all platforms and exploring
the longer-term transition to IPTV technologies
page 26 http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/dqf...dproposals.pdf
Quote:
Continuing the shift away from legacy distribution systems to digital: with a phased reduction of broadcast Red Button services down to one stream on every platform after the Olympics
page 11 http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/dqf...dproposals.pdf
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2011, 15:37   #5192
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

anyones Tivo just switch it self off & back on.
Old 08-10-2011, 15:50   #5193
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
anyones Tivo just switch it self off & back on.
No fine here.
Old 08-10-2011, 16:14   #5194
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Fine here as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:44   #5195
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

You gotta love wishlist's I set one with the keywords "Steve Jobs" on Thursday there were no programs listed in the TV at the time that matched that by low and behold on Saturday something got recorded from Bloomberg.

Also set one for Highlander ages ago as I hand never seen the series and just looking at recordings that are coming up next week and it has listing for it on Horror. Although one thing i did notice it has very funny episode numbers.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44   #5196
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Well, mine's in. Painless install, all channels were on bar FTA HD before the engineer left. They showed up about an hour afterwards with some bad pixellation. Standby seemed to fix that. Added in my current series links and a wishlist for Mike Fox and it seems pretty nippy so far. Just did a quick reboot to get my channel logos and they showed up on cue.

The SD screens *really* need sorting, but given that TiVO US customers still have exactly the same problem, I can't see that happening any time soon!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:57   #5197
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
You gotta love wishlist's I set one with the keywords "Steve Jobs" on Thursday there were no programs listed in the TV at the time that matched that by low and behold on Saturday something got recorded from Bloomberg.

Also set one for Highlander ages ago as I hand never seen the series and just looking at recordings that are coming up next week and it has listing for it on Horror. Although one thing i did notice it has very funny episode numbers.
There are 6 seasons of Highlander the early seasons are better

Old 12-10-2011, 17:35   #5198
Davekg77
Inactive

Davekg77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Message has come up on my TiVo box saying we need to make an update to your TiVo box in the early hours (2am-430) on Thursday 13th October.please ensure your box is switched on. Don't ever remember having this message before.
Old 12-10-2011, 17:51   #5199
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg77 View Post
Message has come up on my TiVo box saying we need to make an update to your TiVo box in the early hours (2am-430) on Thursday 13th October.please ensure your box is switched on. Don't ever remember having this message before.
This could be the start of the Big update?
Old 12-10-2011, 18:24   #5200
dazed&confused
Inactive

Services: VIP Collection + TIVo Additional Tivo
dazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond reputedazed&confused has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
What channel is that on and is it in HD ??
Old 12-10-2011, 18:27   #5201
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazed&confused View Post
What channel is that on and is it in HD ??
Pass you must know more than me and I know nothing
Old 12-10-2011, 18:42   #5202
Davekg77
Inactive

Davekg77 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hit home button and wanted catchup but a big box came up with the message. I then had to ok it before I could move on. Must be the big update or sky anytime maybe.
Old 12-10-2011, 20:27   #5203
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Maybe maybe not.
Old 12-10-2011, 20:52   #5204
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Maybe maybe not.
Me know nothing?
Old 12-10-2011, 21:01   #5205
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Could be due to them being on Watchdog tomorrow, if thats going to be able problems with Tivo. They can say they rolled out an update that morning that should solve some of the issues.
Closed Thread