Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 14:35   #5176
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
Isn't the new series starting next week?
i thought it was this Friday.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes this is quite poor and not good enough in my mind and surely someone should be keeping a constant eye on the EPG to make sure everything is up to date and working properly.
Well ive had my Tivo since April & EPG for Comedy Central hasnt worked once, its a waste of time trying a series link for that channel complete crap.
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2011, 14:53   #5177
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

South Park returns to Comedy Central on Friday 14th October at 10pm.
Old 06-10-2011, 14:57   #5178
albertsteptoe
Inactive

Services: Full House XL,Gamer 200MB Sky Q Silver.
albertsteptoe is on a distinguished roadalbertsteptoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post

ok ill check on my Tivo tonight when i get in, see if it records new only or 182 shows.
Old 06-10-2011, 16:50   #5179
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
What's the massive flaw?
It's flaw is the huge data transfer that comes with it. There are reports of 2Gb per hour downloaded during gameplay!

Tested it on my PC yesterday evening and found my 10Mb connection throttled down to 2.5Mb which makes it unusable at that speed. Two options for me, use it after 9pm to avoid throttling or upgrade to 30Mb.

Using the TiVo connection would give a constant 10Mb with no throttling.
Old 06-10-2011, 17:57   #5180
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
It's flaw is the huge data transfer that comes with it. There are reports of 2Gb per hour downloaded during gameplay!

Tested it on my PC yesterday evening and found my 10Mb connection throttled down to 2.5Mb which makes it unusable at that speed. Two options for me, use it after 9pm to avoid throttling or upgrade to 30Mb.

Ah got ya, I'm running a MicroConsole (well 2 actually) on my 50Mb and not had a problem yet, really loving the service. But as you say your problems would be sorted with a TiVo OnLive app.
Old 06-10-2011, 18:56   #5181
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Except one of the reasons (I reckon) that the TiVo connection isn't managed is because the pattern of usage is significantly different to a normal broadband connection

It's use a lot less frequently and in bursts, rather than the more constant use a normal connection has

If an OnLive app was to be added that may not be the case
Old 07-10-2011, 21:03   #5182
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
spoke 2 tivo team and they said they starting updateing cambridge and another location (cant remember) after that done and working then 5 other places and then the rest of the tivo boxes in the uk
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...on/td-p/764329
Old 07-10-2011, 21:18   #5183
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

News to me.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:36   #5184
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinteastman View Post
Ah got ya, I'm running a MicroConsole (well 2 actually) on my 50Mb and not had a problem yet, really loving the service. But as you say your problems would be sorted with a TiVo OnLive app.
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you. Not had any problems with Onlive using VMs 50Mb service but I'd still like to see an app for TiVo.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:33   #5185
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Not true.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39   #5186
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

I hope this is true http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...on/td-p/764329
Quote:
typical virgin saying one thing and then someone else saying another christ why cant you all agree on the same thing

i got told by customer relations and the tivo team both told me that red button is being deployed this month in 2 areas and then another 5 and then the rest of the uk
Old 08-10-2011, 10:46   #5187
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No proof at all and l think we should just wait and be patient.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:27   #5188
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

It's not true. I explained why here.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:32   #5189
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertsteptoe View Post
i thought it was this Friday.

---------- Post added at 14:35 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Well ive had my Tivo since April & EPG for Comedy Central hasnt worked once, its a waste of time trying a series link for that channel complete crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
It still has the same problem as when the last new series was shown there is no meta data so shows are not being flagged as new or with series number and episode number.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:37   #5190
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
It's NOT true.
Closed Thread