Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | email not coming through

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I don't think I've ever spoke to anyone so rude

Old 24-03-2015, 20:28   #1
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road
I don't think I've ever spoke to anyone so rude

Hey all,

My Superhub seems to have a recurring issue with dropping wireless clients (what a surprise!) on a regular basis, and the administration pages just going AWOL a day or two after a restart. Obviously being knowledgeable, I reset the hub, tried different configs, and so on, but it doesn't really help since the hub is a pile of garbage. Garbage is probably better?

I rang up VM a few weeks ago, and the phone rep said to reset the settings, and see how that goes. If it doesn't fix it, ring back and we'll send you a replacement hub.

Since it still continued, I rang up again today, went through to Technical Support, and never have I ever got so frustrated when speaking to someone. He insisted we change the wireless settings to 144Mbps (lol, I already tried all options with a range of primary channels well before) saying some clients can't connect, then he proceeds to say we need to drop the encryption from WPA2-PSK AES to WPA AES, citing that banks use this sort of encryption... okay then?

So he tells me to login to the router at 192.168.0.1, to which I tell him I've changed it to 192.168.1.1. Only for him to retort and say "that's IMPOSSIBLE, it's hard coded in" (lol), again citing his 15 years of "experience". And throughout all this, he would never let me a finish a single sentence, at all.

I promptly gave him a stern talking to about his behaviour and told him I would report him to his seniors, which happened next when ringing up CS directly.

So, my question is this, do I ring again and possibly go through the same crap or would it be better to go through forum support? Last time I got my hub replaced through the web forums, so maybe I'm thinking this is an option. The best option would be to buy a separate router, which I plan to in the future, though the hub would need replacing if it keeps dying like that.

Here's my TBB graphs as well when this happens:

Thanks
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-03-2015, 20:41   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: I don't think I've ever spoke to anyone so rude

If you know for sure the issue and the solution, call retentions. 150, 5 then 3. Might be worth a try.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 21:01   #3
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

How about option c) Buy a decent router. Seriously, you're knowledgeable enough, you'll make great use of it and you'll be glad of it.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 21:17   #4
Neo-Tech
Inactive

Neo-Tech is on a distinguished roadNeo-Tech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Tech View Post
The best option would be to buy a separate router, which I plan to in the future, though the hub would need replacing if it keeps dying like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
How about option c) Buy a decent router. Seriously, you're knowledgeable enough, you'll make great use of it and you'll be glad of it.
Just need to find time... and money :p
Neo-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 06:02   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Sounds like normal SH1 behaviour, Id speak to retentions and get the much superior SH2
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 17:34   #6
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
absolutely, I was going to make a post about this last night. A site I visit everyday keeps keeping blocked by UK isps and they have made various https addresses available to get round it. I think the isps must be trying a different tactic now and fiddling with dns records because the site put up a message this morning telling users to switch to google dns. I know dns is only one of many router features but once again it just shows that if you buy a proper router and set it up properly you can have seamless internet access and not have to be concerned about dns outages of other dodgy dealings.

Do what Kush said and buy a proper router then you don't have to worry about VM's shoddy attempts.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote