Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Kelly group

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Kelly group

Old 22-10-2012, 12:47   #16
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Kelly group

i would assume it means exactly what i posted above
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-10-2012, 14:59   #17
Gregors
Inactive

Gregors is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how far job to job is or does it all just depend? Im from Essex and just wondered if you get 1 job in Southend then 1 the other dude how do they expect you to do 4+ installs a day?
Gregors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:33   #18
Iandoom3
Inactive

Iandoom3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregors View Post
Does anyone know how far job to job is or does it all just depend? Im from Essex and just wondered if you get 1 job in Southend then 1 the other dude how do they expect you to do 4+ installs a day?
Kelly's do NOT have any dealings in the areas you have mentioned. It's all mcnicholas there. Where have you been offered the work? As far as I'm aware Kelly's have SOME work in London that's about it in the south east..
Iandoom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2012, 21:45   #19
Gregors
Inactive

Gregors is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying, just found out it's all London. Based. I won't be taking the job because my gut instincts telling me not to trust kellys.

Thanks again.
Gregors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 18:37   #20
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks for replying, just found out it's all London. Based. I won't be taking the job because my gut instincts telling me not to trust kellys.

Thanks again.
Your gut instinct would be very correct

Kelly's are never to be trusted, let that be a warning to anyone who thinks about working for them, you do at your own risk
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 20:00   #21
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I spoke with some engineers in Ealing where l work, and VM have to bring engineers and installers from Birmingham and Manchester area's as they are trying to get rid of Kelly's.

They also said that customers opinion of Kelly's is NOT very good.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 15:19   #22
connector
Inactive

connector is an unknown quantity at this point

BEWARE !!! KELLYS RIP U OFF

What a dreadful company.
After attending an induction+accreditation course (BT openreach) i started working for these people. After a few days it became clearly apparent that they could not organise a **** up in a brewery.
Nethertheless i foolishly stayed for two weeks in the hope that things might change. They didn't so i resigned. Returned van and tools as requested.
Now i find out they are not paying me for the time i worked. As they have a sneeky clause in contract that docs £500 if you leave within 12mths. What a disgrace!! When i rang the accounts umbrella company they said that everybody is informed at induction.
No i wasn't!!!
Absolute disgrace!!
Now seeking legal advice.
Please ..Please..beware.....do not join them.
connector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 21:39   #23
judgey
Inactive

judgey is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post
BEWARE !!! KELLYS RIP U OFF

What a dreadful company.
After attending an induction+accreditation course (BT openreach) i started working for these people. After a few days it became clearly apparent that they could not organise a **** up in a brewery.
Nethertheless i foolishly stayed for two weeks in the hope that things might change. They didn't so i resigned. Returned van and tools as requested.
Now i find out they are not paying me for the time i worked. As they have a sneeky clause in contract that docs £500 if you leave within 12mths. What a disgrace!! When i rang the accounts umbrella company they said that everybody is informed at induction.
No i wasn't!!!
Absolute disgrace!!
Now seeking legal advice.
Please ..Please..beware.....do not join them.
thids is the same for Fujitsu, but we are made aware at induction.
judgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 23:40   #24
TinkerTaylor
Inactive

TinkerTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people
I also have been offered the same job with Kelly.
I'm currently self employed cleaning wheelie bins(my own company).
I put myself on a telecoms course-self funded-last yr and managed to get some fibre work for a few months working through Telent/BT which i found was really interesting!!
I haven't had any work since but had my business to fall back on!
I'd like to gain more experience and was excited when KELLY offered me the telecom job but now I'm not so sure if this is the right direction as of all of the negative comments...
Can anyone enlighten me?

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Quote:
Telecommunications Installation Engineer (Residential).

This is the job I have been offered so just wondered if anyone knew what it involves.

Thanks.
TinkerTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 15:06   #25
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

TinkerTaylor, do yourself a favour, from what l have heard about Kelly, if its the same company as Kelly Communications, then forget it.

I have spoken with a lot of VM engineers, and they are repeatly going round fixing faults caused by Kelly Comm.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 17:52   #26
TinkerTaylor
Inactive

TinkerTaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for replying Arthur
It is Kelly comm this is the role:
Provision of overhead lines from DP to customers property
Residential installations
Connectivity and test work
Copper installation work
Poling (or the ability to work at height)
Candidates will receive a van, (with fuel card) tools, uniform and PPE

so presuming this is Openreach contract!
TinkerTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 18:25   #27
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTaylor View Post
so presuming this is Openreach contract!
It does sound likely. Don't let Arthur put you off. Good luck.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2012, 17:12   #28
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all

It will be the Openreach contract yes, but, if you do take it don't say you haven't been warned.

They (Kelly's) will do you over, just like the sun rising, it will happen

Ensure you have your old job to fall back on.....
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 09:21   #29
deafmishka
Inactive

deafmishka is an unknown quantity at this point

I Agree BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY....
I also attended the training course which heavily pushed H & S although very quickly, only to find in the real world of Kelly all H & S is thrown into the wind.
After working in the field of 1 week I was placed on price work without any knowledge of being placed on price work and with out a phone where I could down load jobs. I was told to shadow another engineer until a phone arrived 3 weeks later.
The first i knew I was on price work was when I received my wages 75 pounds for a weeks work at 12 hours a day 5 days a week, on confronting the pay role I was given another number to talk to a manager who was more concerned on who had given me his number and basically had nothing to say.
Work is placed on your phone and opened for you, its not unusual to have 3 jobs placed on you at 16:30 hours and opened on your behalf , looking like you are on 3 jobs all at the same time!
When contacting the powers above either the phone rings and rings or goes to voice mail, Managers don't want to know, your Field service operator will tell you to close jobs down either a Domestic fault or the Customer was not in, to bad if your the BT Open Reach customer who has stayed in or taken a day off work waiting for your new phone line or internet.
As for wages you are paid fortnightly through a 3rd Party who has no access to what hours or work has been done BUT charges you 12.50 including VAT A WEEK for the privilege of paying you every FORTNIGHT.

Kelly Managers seem to be only interested in getting the jobs off loaded on to the engineer and even if its dark still expect an engineer to climb poles and enter a BT Cabinet with a torch to fulfill the Managers quoter and Bonus.

I feel sad that a Company like Kelly can wreck a perfectly good business like BT and Kelly do not even have to go out looking for the work its handed to them on a plate.
ANY BODY CONTEMPLATING WORKING FOR KELLY PLEASE BEWARE.
deafmishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2012, 09:25   #30
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafmishka View Post
I Agree BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY....
I also attended the training course which heavily pushed H & S although very quickly, only to find in the real world of Kelly all H & S is thrown into the wind.
After working in the field of 1 week I was placed on price work without any knowledge of being placed on price work and with out a phone where I could down load jobs. I was told to shadow another engineer until a phone arrived 3 weeks later.
The first i knew I was on price work was when I received my wages 75 pounds for a weeks work at 12 hours a day 5 days a week, on confronting the pay role I was given another number to talk to a manager who was more concerned on who had given me his number and basically had nothing to say.
Work is placed on your phone and opened for you, its not unusual to have 3 jobs placed on you at 16:30 hours and opened on your behalf , looking like you are on 3 jobs all at the same time!
When contacting the powers above either the phone rings and rings or goes to voice mail, Managers don't want to know, your Field service operator will tell you to close jobs down either a Domestic fault or the Customer was not in, to bad if your the BT Open Reach customer who has stayed in or taken a day off work waiting for your new phone line or internet.
As for wages you are paid fortnightly through a 3rd Party who has no access to what hours or work has been done BUT charges you 12.50 including VAT A WEEK for the privilege of paying you every FORTNIGHT.

Kelly Managers seem to be only interested in getting the jobs off loaded on to the engineer and even if its dark still expect an engineer to climb poles and enter a BT Cabinet with a torch to fulfill the Managers quoter and Bonus.

I feel sad that a Company like Kelly can wreck a perfectly good business like BT and Kelly do not even have to go out looking for the work its handed to them on a plate.
ANY BODY CONTEMPLATING WORKING FOR KELLY PLEASE BEWARE.
I worked for Kellys for 8 months on a contract and it was the worst 8 months of my life.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote