Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)
Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2009, 19:32   #721
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze age
Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2009)

For the most part i think they are a great company and have said as much on other threads, but this is really letting them down.

I so feel shamed.... but not as much as My Burkett should....
Advertisement
Old 31-03-2009, 22:13   #722
LiamTG
cf.addict

Services: TV XL Sky Movies Internet XL Unlimited telephone
LiamTG is infamous around these partsLiamTG is infamous around these parts

I doubt Mr Burkett gives a damn about what people want or even what he said before.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:40   #723
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Mobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze ageMobes has reached the bronze age

LOL ah well... looks like he played a blinding April Fools Joke on us... indeed he planned it since last December...that takes some going eh!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:28   #724
EBD3000
Inactive

Services: L Phone, L Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V-HD, Xbox 360
EBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about them

No hat eating for me! but
Old 01-04-2009, 09:24   #725
Mobes
cf.mega poster

I know I guess we all DIDN'T see it "Coming Soon" but feel the let down anyway...
Old 01-04-2009, 10:00   #726
LiamTG
cf.addict

Services: TV XL Sky Movies Internet XL Unlimited telephone
LiamTG is infamous around these partsLiamTG is infamous around these parts

Oh well, I guess another CEO of a large organisation has taken months to produce...well nothing!

Fair play to him, paid lots of money for doing nothing - I wouldn't take that away from anyone but I am paying for this service and I WAS SOLD HD when I took on VM.
Old 01-04-2009, 16:23   #727
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Up to four more linear high definition channels will launch on Virgin Media's digital cable service over the next few months, Digital Spy was told today.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...sed-on-hd.html
Old 01-04-2009, 16:33   #728
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post
Up to four more linear high definition channels will launch on Virgin Media's digital cable service over the next few months, Digital Spy was told today.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...sed-on-hd.html
They said this 3.5months ago, why on earth should we believe them now? They already have the rights for channel4hd. Just wish there was more competition than just virgin over cable, i'd love to swap providers, but its 1 big monopoly now, virgin own nearly every cable company, 2 monopolies, sky and virgin and pretty much no-one else.

Bt cant compete as adsl is too slow to deliver lots of hd content, looks like the consumer's will be dictated too for many years to come.

We should be able to get our money back for them missing their 3 month deadline i reckon.
Old 01-04-2009, 17:23   #729
frogstamper
Inactive

Services: VIP
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze
frogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronzefrogstamper is cast in bronze

I can't believe they have the balls to announce that on the very day the "3-4 HD channels" were to be released, so effectively the last 3 months were a waste of time as I've no doubt the next 3 months will be, its just lies to stop those of us who want HD from leaving.
A truly despicable business practise...there's an old saying that I think would certainly apply to Neil Berkett at present, "if your not going to crap get off the pot".
And at the moment his been sitting on that pot promising a movement for months and still nothing, to expand the analogy "his all pee and wind".
Old 01-04-2009, 17:32   #730
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

He should have said 3 months "subject to contract negotiations" then the first announcement would have been more credible. Contract discussions are always difficult and can overrun which seems to be the case, so he should have been clearer on the obstacles to go through. That said, if we do finally get extra HD channels then good, but it has taken far to long and VM seem to finally waking up to the fact that we are all now getting HD ready TVs and so want to watch HD if it is available.
Old 01-04-2009, 17:35   #731
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Hi KKevin666, someone on this forum with sense.

As l have said before, when there is a pink elephant flying past my house and lands, that is when l will beleive, there will be HD channels on VM, we have specnt a few quid on getting the V+ plus, with the intention it will give us HD channels etc, and it is hogwash.
Old 01-04-2009, 18:20   #732
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

If you haven't seen the following new thread about HD yet you may find it interesting.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-re-vm-hd.html
Old 01-04-2009, 21:56   #733
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstamper View Post
I can't believe they have the balls to announce that on the very day the "3-4 HD channels" were to be released, so effectively the last 3 months were a waste of time as I've no doubt the next 3 months will be, its just lies to stop those of us who want HD from leaving.
A truly despicable business practise...there's an old saying that I think would certainly apply to Neil Berkett at present, "if your not going to crap get off the pot".
And at the moment his been sitting on that pot promising a movement for months and still nothing, to expand the analogy "his all pee and wind".
Its not a waste of time at all. More than likely the contract negotiations are taking longer than expected and rather than say nothing at all they are just letting everyone know they are still working on HD stuff and hope no to have some channels within a few months.

Also more analogue channels are getting switched off so they are freeing up the network for the extra channels to come.
Old 01-04-2009, 23:12   #734
Mobes
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Choice View Post
He should have said 3 months "subject to contract negotiations" then the first announcement would have been more credible. Contract discussions are always difficult and can overrun which seems to be the case, so he should have been clearer on the obstacles to go through. That said, if we do finally get extra HD channels then good, but it has taken far to long and VM seem to finally waking up to the fact that we are all now getting HD ready TVs and so want to watch HD if it is available.

My annoyance was very much that we just hadn't heard anything even though it was obvious the 3 month date was going to fall through. So at least we have some recognition from VM about the cock up.... That said i still dont get why 4 and ITV HD are so difficult to negotiate....
Old 01-04-2009, 23:27   #735
kesterwww
Inactive

Services: BT total BB. BT Vision.
kesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about themkesterwww has a spectacular aura about them

In regards to the statement released today from VM about adding more HD channels I have the following to say;
I can understand HD not being the biggest priority of VM at the moment but it is clearly important to some customers. It appears that they just recycle that "comming in the next few months" line, which to me seems completely insulting to customers who they've retained through making this statement in the past. And what's worse is that they make no reference to the fact that they have failled to deliver.
When Berkett made the statement in December, I didn't have a V+, and only got one in January, therefore had never taken much notice of what had been offered/promised in the way of HD, therefore I took this statement in good faith. But now to see it churned out again I wonder if it's just for the benefit of customers who don't yet have or only recently got a V+ and won't aknowledge the fact that it has been said all before.
P.S I think this is the first negative thing I've posted about VM on this web site.
Closed Thread