Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:28   #16
ZrByte
Inactive

ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
ZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appealZrByte has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to ZrByte
Re: Sold a duff phone on Ebay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
Isn't the fact that he is offering a Blackberry Storm 9500 and you get a TV 950 enough for it to be fraud /receiving cash by deception ?

He does not say its like a Blackberry Storm 9500 he says it is
Sometimes a different name doesn't mean a different product though. Take the o2 xda mini s, aka htc Wizard, aka Imate Kjam, AKA mda something or other.
In this case of course you are completely right as it isn't even the same product by a different name. I suppose this would be like ordering one of the older Iphones and getting an LG viewty.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmitage View Post
Definitely different. One with 3.2MP camera and the other with 8 MP jumped out at me straight away.
Don't they both have 8mp? I must have miss read somewhere if not.
ZrByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2009, 11:32   #17
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZrByte View Post
Sometimes a different name doesn't mean a different product though. Take the o2 xda mini s, aka htc Wizard, aka Imate Kjam, AKA mda something or other.
In this case of course you are completely right as it isn't even the same product by a different name. I suppose this would be like ordering one of the older Iphones and getting an LG viewty.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Don't they both have 8mp? I must have miss read somewhere if not.
From your link:

Standby Time 360 Hours
Digital Camera Resolution 3.2 Megapixels
Digital Camera Zoom 2x Digital Zoom
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36   #18
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

As he has defrauded you out of £255 quid, tell him that if he does not refund the money within 4 working days you'll contact the police as well as putting in the claim with paypal. It has already been stated here that its clearly a misrepresentation of an item in order to fraudulently acquire money by deception.
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:45   #19
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Thanks guys, I've emailed him, he said that I have to send the item back before he will refund me. Obviously I'm not going to do this so I have said to him I will contact police and put a claim in with Paypal.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 13:04   #20
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07 View Post
Thanks guys, I've emailed him, he said that I have to send the item back before he will refund me. Obviously I'm not going to do this so I have said to him I will contact police and put a claim in with Paypal.
Let us know what he does. I have a feeling your money will be returned sooner rather than later

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 16:02   #21
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

I think you will find that you have to send the item back, otherwise you will not get anywhere as you have the item you paid for, and he will say he is not giving the money back until he recieves the goods, also he needs to know the goods are also not damaged in anyway. Obviously you will get your money back but not until you send back the item, If you bought from a shop and complained, you would not get your money back if you left the item at home, you would have to bring the item back to the shop for a refund.
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 16:18   #22
Wayfair
Inactive

Services: Virgin tinterweb, Tivo with an extra large package 'oh yes' and a speaky thing...
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array
Wayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze arrayWayfair has a bronze array

He hasn't got the item he paid for royaltiger and I doubt very much a shop would sell you a completely different item and hope you wouldn't notice..
Wayfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 17:01   #23
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfair View Post
He hasn't got the item he paid for royaltiger and I doubt very much a shop would sell you a completely different item and hope you wouldn't notice..
Actually they do..

We ordered two PHACT X2 tents from a very large online retailer, they didn't have any in stock so just fobbed us off with two PHAD x2 tents (a cheaper tent which is lesser quality.) The company has phobbed us off even to the point of getting the manufacturers involved. It's only now 4 months later that we're finally getting somewhere with the parent company finally taking some action..
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 17:12   #24
royaltiger
Inactive

Services: 50mb Broadband Ambit VMNG300 modem, Tivo, V+TVDrive Extra Large and NTL phone, Virgin mobile
royaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of lightroyaltiger is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Wayfair;34846438]He hasn't got the item he paid for royaltiger QUOTE]
But he has received an item that WILL have to be returned before a refund is handed over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfair View Post
and I doubt very much a shop would sell you a completely different item and hope you wouldn't notice..
my reference to a shop was they will not refund you any money until they recieve back the goods they sold. I dont know of anyone that would let you keep the goods and then give you a refund
royaltiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 17:16   #25
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
my reference to a shop was they will not refund you any money until they recieve back the goods they sold. I dont know of anyone that would let you keep the goods and then give you a refund
Correct, very few places will do that... The only one I found was Novatech when they sent me the incorrect motherboard on an ebay buy. (they sent an asus 939 instead of an asus sli am2) to thier credit they sent me a new board and told me to keep the other one as well
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 21:06   #26
cookie_365
Inactive

cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze
cookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronzecookie_365 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltiger View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but if I was in the OPs shoes I would point out to the seller that under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 I'm entitled to keep any unsolicited item sent to me - such as this 'TV 950' phone which I never ordered - with no obligation to pay for it. Oh, and while I'm emailing, on a completely unrelated topic, I seem to be still waiting for the Blackberry I ordered. If you're not going to send that, I'll have a refund please.
cookie_365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 00:35   #27
smicer07
Inactive

smicer07 has reached the bronze age
smicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze agesmicer07 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via AIM to smicer07 Send a message via MSN to smicer07 Send a message via Yahoo to smicer07

Just an update, I got my cash back after I threatened him with police action. I think he pooed himself.
smicer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 02:07   #28
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

That's good to hear.

Hopefully he will think twice before trying it on again.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 06:44   #29
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Fisher View Post
That's good to hear.

Hopefully he will think twice before trying it on again.
He will just carry on scamming till someone does get the police in. E'scam will do nothing about it as such till there neck is on the line or they don't get there payment.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2009, 07:40   #30
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by smicer07 View Post
Just an update, I got my cash back after I threatened him with police action. I think he pooed himself.
.........and (just me being nosey) did you send the phone back?
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote