Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pin required

Old 02-05-2024, 09:49   #1
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Pin required

Why do I need to put in my pin when I have setting saying I have not any locked channels. It does not happen with all shows i e all Chicago and FBI are fine what ever time I watch recording but SWAT requires pin
Old 02-05-2024, 10:38   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Pin required

Info from Google.

Some channels, mostly the Sky ones are subject to MDP (Mandatory Daytime Protection). What this means is that they are allowed by OFCOM to broadcast more adult content during the daytime on condition that PIN protection is locked on & cannot be removed by the viewer.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:16   #3
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Info from Google.

Some channels, mostly the Sky ones are subject to MDP (Mandatory Daytime Protection). What this means is that they are allowed by OFCOM to broadcast more adult content during the daytime on condition that PIN protection is locked on & cannot be removed by the viewer.
Thanks . It's a pain but nanny state must rule still strange Swat needs one what ever time
Old 05-05-2024, 21:53   #4
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

It really boils my pee that despite no one in my family under 20, I am forced to enter the dam passcode every time.

What's worse is that the channels put on these age restricted stuff on too early
Old 05-05-2024, 23:44   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Thats the nanny state for you.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 12:57   #6
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
It really boils my pee that despite no one in my family under 20, I am forced to enter the dam passcode every time.

What's worse is that the channels put on these age restricted stuff on too early
So true in this house when here ,the youngest is 24!!! Normally 73+
Old 06-05-2024, 14:27   #7
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I would rather enter a PIN to watchduring daytime and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post

Last edited by ozsat; 06-05-2024 at 14:34.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 14:33   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I would rather enter a PIN and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.
Can't say I have ever noticed
Old 06-05-2024, 14:50   #9
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I had to put a PIN in this morning to watch a programme about Jamie Carragher

I do agree though that it's better to have this and be able to watch adult material before the watershed.

Presumably Ofcom won't allow them to have a setting that says 'Everyone over 18 in household, so no PIN required'.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 15:39   #10
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I would rather enter a PIN to watchduring daytime and watch a complete programme than resort to the edits like ITV do with stuff when whole scenes are wiped out.

I was watching the young ones episode Boring.

They cut the entire scene with the cop and the guy saying that they had won the Ford Tipex (Granda), probably because of the N word.
Old 06-05-2024, 16:30   #11
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think these channels find it better to remove whole scenes rather than just mute a word.
Old 06-05-2024, 23:35   #12
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Indeed. Sky made some brutal cuts to programmes typically shown at around 8pm before PIN access was introduced.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42   #13
Kevc69
cf.member

Kevc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Hadn't thought of it in those terms. Most of the edits I see give the impression of being done to fit the program into time slots.
Kevc69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:21   #14
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Usually an odd word here and their - or a flash of a bit of body.

But rather than a bit of daytime blurring or muting - ITV and UKTV prefer to cut a chuck out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevc69 View Post
Hadn't thought of it in those terms. Most of the edits I see give the impression of being done to fit the program into time slots.
Old Yesterday, 17:23   #15
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
I think these channels find it better to remove whole scenes rather than just mute a word.
Guess most people won't notice if it's the first time you see it