Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Not In A Virgin Media Area, Is There Anything I Can Do To Get It Connected

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Not In A Virgin Media Area, Is There Anything I Can Do To Get It Connected

Old 13-10-2009, 07:56   #16
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Not In A Virgin Media Area, Is There Anything I Can Do To Get It Connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Light View Post
Can someone confirm this?
It's a valid address, but maybe only for people in Bradley Stoke. Try it and see.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2009, 14:08   #17
Dark Light
Inactive

Dark Light is an unknown quantity at this point

What of the chances of them installing cable in my street?
Dark Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:01   #18
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Not In A Virgin Media Area, Is There Anything I Can Do To Get It Connected

This email is working as we are getting a small area made live from people using this email .Which is good news for us
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 22:05   #19
Dark Light
Inactive

I'm not sure what you mean, so if I email cablemystreet@virginmedia.co.uk there is a good chance that my street will get connected?
Old 14-10-2009, 22:27   #20
Nedkelly
Inactive

Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Not In A Virgin Media Area, Is There Anything I Can Do To Get It Connected

If you could get a couple of people down the street as well then this will help getting the spotters or new build people down the street
Old 14-10-2009, 22:31   #21
Dark Light
Inactive

How much would it cost VM to cable my street?

Also how many people would I need to get for VM to consider cabling my street?
Old 14-10-2009, 23:07   #22
Nedkelly
Inactive

It depends on how much they have do dig ie grass tarmac how many houses they can get .If they are going to do it they send the sales team just to see how many might take it up .A small close in this area was missed out about 10 houses 8 people sent a email in we wnet and had a look and within a month it was done 8 happy customers
Old 14-10-2009, 23:19   #23
Dark Light
Inactive

For a normal situation how much would I have to pay to persuade them to get it cabled. Also I use the word "street", but would it be the entire street that is in question ie from where the street starts to where it ends. Also is the VM postcode checker accurate, so I can see where the last cabled house is?
Old 14-10-2009, 23:51   #24
Nedkelly
Inactive

Cant answer that one email them with you questions .We have lots of areas of unfinished / missed network going in this year and next
Old 14-10-2009, 23:55   #25
Dark Light
Inactive

Thanks will do, should I ask people in my street first and then say how many people are interested in the email?
Old 30-10-2009, 09:53   #26
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Hi There

Not sure how you are progressing with your request for a new cable connection but I would be delighted to help in anyway. If you require any help then please get in touch.

Best Regards

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 10:08   #27
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ow/8113569.stm
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 17:22   #28
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Hi There

Not sure how you are progressing with your request for a new cable connection but I would be delighted to help in anyway. If you require any help then please get in touch.

Best Regards
are you behind target? LOL
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2009, 20:23   #29
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Haha far from it, always nice to lend a hand though

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2009, 18:09   #30
Dark Light
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
Hi There

Best Regards
Thanks, would it be possible if I could send you some information so you could look it up in a database or something. So you can see why my street wasn't connected in the first place. I really want to get cable connected to my street and I will do almost anything to make that happen.