Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 21-10-2011, 21:49   #5536
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Curious. Does a reboot fix it?
After l finish watching a recorded programme l will check again and if necessary reboot.
Old 21-10-2011, 22:15   #5537
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
After l finish watching a recorded programme l will check again and if necessary reboot.
ITV red button working OK here in Plymouth for me.
Old 21-10-2011, 22:29   #5538
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

For the last few night my Tivo keeps telling me there are network issues and some features are unavailable but instead of letting me browse My Shows it dumps me back at the main menu.
Old 22-10-2011, 06:05   #5539
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
ITV red button working OK here in Plymouth for me.
Yes l have rebooted and its working now.
Old 23-10-2011, 11:11   #5540
denphone
Still alive and fighting

My Tivo EPG is only updating 6 days ahead at the moment and most of the channels l have checked are like that and they are usually 12 to 13 days ahead in their programme data and also why do l have to press a pin number everytime l go onto Attheraces.
Old 23-10-2011, 12:17   #5541
Gill72
Inactive

Services: VIP 50
Gill72 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently on the VIP50 package with the main box being a 1TB Tivo and the extra box is a V+ box, which I have in my bedroom but it one of the first V+ boxes and is very noisy and keeps me awake at night. I phoned up just now to see if I could swap the V+ box for a 500gb Tivo but was told that I couldn't do that on the VIP package, I have to keep the V+ box but can get a 3rd box which can be another Tivo box. Does anyone know if this is the case? I'm sure I've read somewhere on here, that other people on this forum have VIP packages but have all Tivo Boxes and not V+ boxes, or have I imagined that?! Thank you.
Old 23-10-2011, 14:00   #5542
mikerr
Inactive

mikerr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymester View Post
I currently have the V+ box and can set it to archive several hours worth of TV during the night. This could still be done, I understand, on the TiVo if I didn't want to watch another channel at the same time. However, is there a feature on the TiVo that allows you to make it play a selection of your recordings successively (like a playlist) without manual intervention?
Yes, you can play all of a folder by pressing play when the folder is highlighted.
They'll then play in date order one after another (oldest first).
Old 23-10-2011, 14:08   #5543
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My Tivo EPG is only updating 6 days ahead at the moment and most of the channels l have checked are like that and they are usually 12 to 13 days ahead in their programme data
Go into Settings->Network and see what it says for Last attempt and Last status. You could also try telling it to connect now.

Quote:
and also why do l have to press a pin number everytime l go onto Attheraces.
It should tell you on the screen why it is asking. What does it say?

Does it know the current programme title for ATR?
Old 23-10-2011, 14:15   #5544
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Go into Settings->Network and see what it says for Last attempt and Last status. You could also try telling it to connect now.

It should tell you on the screen why it is asking. What does it say?

Does it know the current programme title for ATR?
At the time there was no programme title listed so it just said type in your pin or something like that and also on the second point of the EPG showing only 6 days ahead l will go into settings/network and see what it says and if needed connect again.
Old 23-10-2011, 16:02   #5545
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zantarous View Post
For the last few night my Tivo keeps telling me there are network issues and some features are unavailable but instead of letting me browse My Shows it dumps me back at the main menu.
We had quite a lot of problems last week with the TV going off-line, and we were advised by the person who phoned us to ask whether our new TIVO box was working OK that there was major work being done that would be finished by the weekend. I am pleased to report that we are back to normal now, so hopefully all is well with you too now.

Incidentally, the guy told me that we would be getting Lovefilm video streaming by Christmas. Can't wait for that!
Old 23-10-2011, 16:19   #5546
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Incidentally, the guy told me that we would be getting Lovefilm video streaming by Christmas. Can't wait for that!
Did the Tivo Team tell you this ?
Old 23-10-2011, 16:22   #5547
Rhymester
Inactive

Rhymester is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
Yes, you can play all of a folder by pressing play when the folder is highlighted.
They'll then play in date order one after another (oldest first).
Great! All I need to know now is how the recordings get into folders and if a folder can have a mixture of different programs inside it?
Old 23-10-2011, 16:29   #5548
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymester View Post
Great! All I need to know now is how the recordings get into folders and if a folder can have a mixture of different programs inside it?
The recordings get in to folders if you set series links, But I do not think that it is possible to set up a folder to have different content in?
Old 23-10-2011, 17:07   #5549
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Not tried it - but what if you create a wishlist of the different programme titles you want in one folder?
Old 23-10-2011, 18:21   #5550
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

What does this mean
Quote:
@virginmedia You said the red button would probably be rolled out once the latest update happens 3 days ago...so this has changed now ?
Quote:
@Rich_Grove This wasn't the main update we have planned, we have another one coming very soon to rectify this. KD
http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtim...y%20this.%20KD
I thought Tivo software update version 15.2 was the main update ? Could there be a tivo software update version 15.3 this year ? or do they mean the pilot update is not the main update and the main update will be in it's fully rolled out
Closed Thread