Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2011, 17:37   #5491
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
I find it very unusual for virgin media to change the Tivo £3 fee to per box in November. These things are usually done in April or October.
Could it be that we are in for a very good Christmas
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2011, 17:39   #5492
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Could it be that we are in for a very good Christmas
I hope there have changed it to per box to get more revenue so they can pay for more HD channels this year
or they want to cash in on how very well Tivo is doing.
Quote:
By the end of July, around 50,000 of Virgin Media's 4.8 million cable customers had moved onto TiVo—which brings together video-on-demand, catch-up content, Internet-based applications and games—with the number continuing to climb, Mr. Berkett says. He declined to give specific figures ahead of the company's third-quarter results on Oct. 27.

"It's doing very well," he says. "The response has been better than good; I'm very, very pleased. The level of advocacy for the product is something that I haven't experienced before, virtually in any role I've ever had.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...987479026.html
Old 20-10-2011, 17:58   #5493
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Or might upgrade my bedroom V+ for a 500g Tivo quick. So wanted multi room viewing. Very useful. I take it to upgrade is still only £49.
Old 20-10-2011, 18:27   #5494
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

If true, then that's a foolish move, and a great way to kill off enthusiasm for those considering buying a 2nd TiVo for multi-room streaming.

"Multi-room streaming is in the latest update and it can be yours! ......for only £36 extra per year."
Old 20-10-2011, 18:36   #5495
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
If true, then that's a foolish move, and a great way to kill off enthusiasm for those considering buying a 2nd TiVo for multi-room streaming.

"Multi-room streaming is in the latest update and it can be yours! ......for only £36 extra per year."
It's true
Quote:
Virgin Media ‎@Kev Leader

Just in Kev, if you order before 1st November you'll be charged £3.00 per account rather than per box. After that, it's £3.00 per TiVo box. Hope this makes sense, Michael
go to view all 127 comments
http://www.facebook.com/virginmedia
Old 20-10-2011, 19:16   #5496
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post

I agree. I've asked on the Facebook page how this affects VIP50 customers, as I'm considering replacing my V+ with a 2nd TIVO to take advantage of the multi room...
Old 20-10-2011, 19:26   #5497
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Thats crap, I was making a mint on Tivo Upsells
Old 20-10-2011, 19:31   #5498
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive

thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you only have to order before November rather than have it installed? They can't fit me in until 22nd of Nov, but gonna order a second box this weekend.

On a related note; I had a repair to a V+ box booked in for today because I had to wait until Nov 22nd for Tivo, but when the engineer got to my house and started work I was chatting to him about Tivo and he said he had a spare unit in his van so he could install it for me today. Jolly nice of him and now I have Tivo four weeks earlier than I thought I would.
Old 20-10-2011, 19:36   #5499
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
I take it you only have to order before November rather than have it installed?
Correct
Old 20-10-2011, 20:43   #5500
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
Just seen on VM's facebook page that changes to the tivo fee are coming Nov 1st. Will be £3 per box.
So that means instead of paying £3 l will be paying £6.
Old 20-10-2011, 20:54   #5501
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Cannot understand logic of the upcomming £3 a box charge for TiVo, especially after Neal Berkett comments about we want our complete customer base over to TiVo in no more than five years. Link here

Old 20-10-2011, 20:58   #5502
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Maybe they want to get some extra revenue first before scrapping the £3 per month for people on TV XL in the future
or in the future scrap the additonal £6.50 additional box
Old 20-10-2011, 21:12   #5503
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Maybe they want to get some extra revenue first before scrapping the £3 per month for people on TV XL in the future
or in the future scrap the additonal £6.50 additional box
Just constantly repeating the same thing doesn't make it true.....

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So that means instead of paying £3 l will be paying £6.
Not if you already have more than one TiVo before November 1st.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-10-2011, 21:12   #5504
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

VM have started the move to TiVo with V+ service removal for new customers, but they should speed it up with only VHD boxes being available for fault replacements, as we all know that at some time in the future there will be a new a non PVR upgrade to TiVo for these Cisco boxes. So I say this again it seems a backward step to charge per box!

Old 20-10-2011, 21:13   #5505
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just constantly repeating the same thing doesn't make it true.....

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

Not if you already have more than one TiVo before November 1st.
Thanks for that information Hugh.