Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 18-05-2011, 15:55   #4021
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Talking Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey View Post
Been up and running for about an hour and from what I can tell, all guide data has been downloaded and it's all working well. Loving it so far. The best feature for me is the Search all TV - much better than going through the guide to set series links. And the adding time to the start and end is not as long winded as people have made out.
Glad your first experience of tivo is a good one, l have had mine now for 4 weeks and so far no problems at all.
Advertisement
Old 18-05-2011, 15:57   #4022
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV XL and Phone Size M and Broadband size L V+HD and VHD
chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Yeah it's all good. Just a quick question can you actually log in to the eBay app to your account?
Old 18-05-2011, 15:59   #4023
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Been up and running for about an hour and from what I can tell, all guide data has been downloaded and it's all working well. Loving it so far. The best feature for me is the Search all TV - much better than going through the guide to set series links. And the adding time to the start and end is not as long winded as people have made out.
Glad you are enjoying it
Old 18-05-2011, 16:03   #4024
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Yeah it's all good. Just a quick question can you actually log in to the eBay app to your account?
No not at the moment as it is still in beta site mode.
Old 18-05-2011, 17:22   #4025
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile
Manster62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Received first bill since I had Tivo installed - Tivo charges okay, but they are charging me £10 per month still as a V+ HD charge, plus £15.00 for second V box (less £8.50 discount?). I have the Tivo plus one V+ box which I kept and had put upstairs (replacing an old V box I had up there).

This doesn't sound right to me - particularly as a lot of people have had the second box fee waived. So - I'm paying £16.50 for the V+ box?

Spoke to Call Centre in India who, as usual, were less than helpful. Can anyone advise if they think I'm being charged too much and advise who I should contact to try to get this resolved?

Thanks
Old 18-05-2011, 17:27   #4026
chunkymonkey
Inactive

chunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the roughchunkymonkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manster62 View Post
Hi,
Received first bill since I had Tivo installed - Tivo charges okay, but they are charging me £10 per month still as a V+ HD charge, plus £15.00 for second V box (less £8.50 discount?). I have the Tivo plus one V+ box which I kept and had put upstairs (replacing an old V box I had up there).

This doesn't sound right to me - particularly as a lot of people have had the second box fee waived. So - I'm paying £16.50 for the V+ box?

Spoke to Call Centre in India who, as usual, were less than helpful. Can anyone advise if they think I'm being charged too much and advise who I should contact to try to get this resolved?

Thanks
neil.berkett@virginmedia.com
Old 18-05-2011, 17:28   #4027
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
What is the total charges for the bill? And what was your last bill before this one?
Old 18-05-2011, 17:42   #4028
Manster62
Inactive

Services: Tivo. Virgin V+ xl tv, Virgin xl phone, xl Broadband and Virgin mobile

Total service charges this bill £224.25

Total service charges last month: £68.60

Just querying the two things really:
  1. Should I still be charged £10 for the V+ box (I thought that this wasn't charged any more?)
  2. If I'm being charged the £10 for V+, why am I also being charged the second box charge?

Cheers
Old 18-05-2011, 17:42   #4029
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
.co.uk not .com
Old 18-05-2011, 17:45   #4030
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Virgin,s billing is a absolute nightmare and when you phone up they try to fob you off all the time.
Old 18-05-2011, 18:04   #4031
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
neil.berkett@ virginmedia.com
VM email a dresses don't end in .com
Old 18-05-2011, 18:05   #4032
chunkymonkey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
VM email a dresses don't end in .com
.co.uk then
Old 18-05-2011, 18:06   #4033
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Total service charges this bill £224.25

Total service charges last month: £68.60

Just querying the two things really:
  1. Should I still be charged £10 for the V+ box (I thought that this wasn't charged any more?)
  2. If I'm being charged the £10 for V+, why am I also being charged the second box charge?

Cheers
Did you pay for the TiVo ? Also on the newest bill is there any call charges? Just trying to work out the charges for you as the discounts on the bill may have gone up ?
Old 18-05-2011, 18:42   #4034
Manster62
Inactive

The total amount this bill includes the charge for the Tivo plus a partial (£2.70) months Tivo charge. The amount I have shown does not include the cost of any telephone calls and is the service charge only. It appears nothing else has changed on the bill - so in theory it is correct, but I am querying if I should be paying £16.50 for keeping the V+ box.

I'm on XL Tv, XL Broadband, Unlimited Phone - with so many odd charges/discounts that the bills are always a bit of a mystery to me!

Am I wrong in thinking that the £10 V+ monthly fee should have been stopped now? I thought I had heard that it had? But the India Call Centre denied that this was the case. I had the V+ since it was first released, but can't remember if I paid a one-off fee at the time, I'm sure I did because I seem to remember my husband complaining about the cost.
Old 18-05-2011, 18:52   #4035
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The total amount this bill includes the charge for the Tivo plus a partial (£2.70) months Tivo charge. The amount I have shown does not include the cost of any telephone calls and is the service charge only. It appears nothing else has changed on the bill - so in theory it is correct, but I am querying if I should be paying £16.50 for keeping the V+ box.

I'm on XL Tv, XL Broadband, Unlimited Phone - with so many odd charges/discounts that the bills are always a bit of a mystery to me!

Am I wrong in thinking that the £10 V+ monthly fee should have been stopped now? I thought I had heard that it had? But the India Call Centre denied that this was the case. I had the V+ since it was first released, but can't remember if I paid a one-off fee at the time, I'm sure I did because I seem to remember my husband complaining about the cost.
You need to speak to Customer Care to have the £10 V+ charge removed.

Did you have multi-room BEFORE TiVo?
Closed Thread