Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 20-10-2011, 21:26   #5506
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
as we all know that at some time in the future there will be a new a non PVR upgrade to TiVo for these Cisco boxes. So I say this again it seems a backward step to charge per box!
I got email about this from Cindy Rose on the 18th September
Quote:
Hello Martin, I hope you're well.

We have no plans at the moment to run the Tivo software on the VHD box. You would need the Tivo PVR in order to have the benefit of the Tivo experience.

I hope that helps.
Best regards,
Cindy
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/ed...ost&p=35318995
Advertisement
Old 20-10-2011, 21:28   #5507
CherryHintonBlu
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TiVo, Virgin Media 100Mb+ internet
CherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enoughCherryHintonBlu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Is 1080p still in the video settings ? or has it been removed in the Tivo Update ?
My TV supports 1080p 24hz Would i be able to display 1080p on Tivo on my TV ? Would it make any difference to the picture quality if it worked ?

http://pic.twitter.com/Be2WiCNf
Old 20-10-2011, 21:29   #5508
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryHintonBlu View Post
Thanks for doing that
Old 20-10-2011, 21:36   #5509
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Thanks for doing that
What - repeating what lots of other people have told you?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 20-10-2011, 23:13   #5510
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd View Post
Or might upgrade my bedroom V+ for a 500g Tivo quick. So wanted multi room viewing. Very useful. I take it to upgrade is still only £49.
I've been told that if you already have TiVo, you must pay £49 for the activation AND £49 for installation!
Old 21-10-2011, 01:14   #5511
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive

thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Right this worries me. I had a Tivo box installed yesterday when the engineer was out to repair my V+ box. I told him we were planning to get another one too so didn't want to just get one now if the second was going to cost us more as a result. If they try to charge me install and activation for the second one will I be able to get them to remove the Tivo under some kind of cooling off period?
Old 21-10-2011, 01:26   #5512
Jameseh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekitkatshuffle View Post
Right this worries me. I had a Tivo box installed yesterday when the engineer was out to repair my V+ box. I told him we were planning to get another one too so didn't want to just get one now if the second was going to cost us more as a result. If they try to charge me install and activation for the second one will I be able to get them to remove the Tivo under some kind of cooling off period?
Yep, I think its three weeks but may be two.

Old 21-10-2011, 01:29   #5513
thekitkatshuffle
Inactive

thekitkatshuffle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I'll call them later then and clarify what the second box will cost me, and whether the first one has been charged for install or carried out for free on service visit.
Old 21-10-2011, 09:38   #5514
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
"Multi-room streaming is in the latest update and it can be yours! ......for only £36 extra per year."
Hi HDFootyMan,

Any chance you could let me know where you got the above quote from, i've been trying to get this confirmed one way or the other with no luck (plenty of speculation, but no actaul confirmation from anyone running the updated software that it's enabled, or from VM that it will definitly be in the coming update) - however your quote looks like it's from an official source as they also quote cost.

Cheers
Old 21-10-2011, 09:59   #5515
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
Hi HDFootyMan,

Any chance you could let me know where you got the above quote from, i've been trying to get this confirmed one way or the other with no luck (plenty of speculation, but no actaul confirmation from anyone running the updated software that it's enabled, or from VM that it will definitly be in the coming update) - however your quote looks like it's from an official source as they also quote cost.

Cheers
He was being sarcastic Well that's if I read it right
Old 21-10-2011, 10:03   #5516
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
He was being sarcastic Well that's if I read it right
LOL

Yea, the second time I read his post I read it with the sarcastic slant, guess I was just to excited about the posibility of having my most eagerly anticipated function confirmed that I completly missed it on the first read

Oh well - guess I'll just wait a bit longer to find out ..........

Old 21-10-2011, 11:10   #5517
Rhymester
Inactive

Rhymester is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
You can transfer them but you have to watch them at the same time as it has not got the background feature that the V+ has.
I currently have the V+ box and can set it to archive several hours worth of TV during the night. This could still be done, I understand, on the TiVo if I didn't want to watch another channel at the same time. However, is there a feature on the TiVo that allows you to make it play a selection of your recordings successively (like a playlist) without manual intervention?
Old 21-10-2011, 12:48   #5518
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I've been told that if you already have TiVo, you must pay £49 for the activation AND £49 for installation!
I rang again today, nice scottish lady told me, after checking my account and what she could offer me, that I could have a 500gb Tivo for £49.95 all in. I explained that previously I was told it would be 2x £49.95 (installation&activation) she said that is usually the case, but she could offer me another TiVo for one fee. So after confirming for a third time I took the offer, I wont be paying an extra £3 for having 2 Tivos and will only pay £49.95. Install takes place in November.

Glad I rang to check again.
Old 21-10-2011, 13:00   #5519
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

I must admit to being surprised about the TiVo monthly pricing change.

VM must think it is merited seeing as the EPG info is so accurate all the time
Old 21-10-2011, 13:05   #5520
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I must admit to being surprised about the TiVo monthly pricing change.

VM must think it is merited seeing as the EPG info is so accurate all the time
I think they want cash in on how very well Tivo is selling.
Closed Thread