Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 09-12-2016, 14:47   #2206
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Registered my interest ages ago for the box still not had a call or e-mail from VM how many on here are still waiting?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2016, 14:57   #2207
markliffen@googl
Inactive

markliffen@googl is on a distinguished roadmarkliffen@googl is on a distinguished road

Just rang up.and got a credit on my account so I'm now paying 64.95 for 2x v6 boxes
markliffen@googl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 15:11   #2208
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Registered my interest ages ago for the box still not had a call or e-mail from VM how many on here are still waiting?
We are.
Old 09-12-2016, 16:07   #2209
mcgillca
cf.member

mcgillca is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone with a V6 box let me know if the box will still respond to IR signals? I use Slingplayer to control my current Tivo remotely, but this uses IR.

I've seen info in this thread that it will respond to both IR and RF, but when I talked to Virgin, they told me that the V6 box does not have an IR sensor, so I'd have to keep my current Tivo to continue to use Slingplayer.

Colin
mcgillca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 16:46   #2210
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by markliffen@googl View Post
Just rang up.and got a credit on my account so I'm now paying 64.95 for 2x v6 boxes
I phoned as well and after being told I was to pay 114.89 the guy checked my order and originally said I was being charged 104.94, made up of 14.99 activation, 40.00 install charge and 49.95 for my box which was discounted 50.00, so he said I was getting a free box. I then mentioned that I thought the 40.00 wasn't being charged and he said he had just found a 40.00 credit on the order and the price was actually 64.94. I was told he put notes on my account that I had queried the cost and that it should be 64.94 for two boxes and that if I got asked for any other cost I was to phone back and it would be sorted.
Sounds like they are having a nightmare with costs and prices.
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 16:59   #2211
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgillca View Post
Can anyone with a V6 box let me know if the box will still respond to IR signals? I use Slingplayer to control my current Tivo remotely, but this uses IR.

I've seen info in this thread that it will respond to both IR and RF, but when I talked to Virgin, they told me that the V6 box does not have an IR sensor, so I'd have to keep my current Tivo to continue to use Slingplayer.

Colin
Yes, the V6 still responds to the old remote so you're OK.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 17:03   #2212
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Yes, the V6 still responds to the old remote so you're OK.
Yep, the installer let me keep mine as a spare.

Perhaps when our old TiVos are redistributed they will get new remotes.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 17:41   #2213
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

Perhaps when our old TiVos are redistributed they will get new remotes.
I would hope so if the remote is anything like mine, arrows all worn out and text on a couple of buttons worn.

I know I wouldn't be impressed if a replacement or new box came with that remote
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 18:00   #2214
busboy125
Loving VM at the moment!

Services: VIP 350mb
busboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about thembusboy125 has a spectacular aura about them

Does this look right;
Attached Images
File Type: png IMG_0220.PNG (347.2 KB, 122 views)
Old 09-12-2016, 19:17   #2215
djs9750
cf.member

djs9750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Confirmation of my price just received
Other items & charges (these charges will appear on your first bill)
* indicated items included on your package price.
* Activation Fee
* Manned Installation Charge
* V6 Box Activation Fee
* Virgin V6 Activation Fee*
£64.94
Contract signed and confirmed, better in my pocket.
djs9750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 19:48   #2216
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by busboy125 View Post
Does this look right;
Looks like it could be mate..
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 22:09   #2217
Paddy63
Inactive

Services: Tivo 1tb, V+, 100meg
Paddy63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_w2k View Post
Wow I am back in the 90s, I remember the good old days with Scart :-)

Quick question for everyone here. Just got my new contract through to sign. One item on it is Leapfrog Additional Tbr* ... Any idea what that is?!
Leapfrog was the code name given to the V6 when it was trialled
Paddy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 22:48   #2218
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era

I still haven't received my order confirmation showing the credits applied to my account.

All I've received tonight is a new contract to digitally sign showing new monthly amount, also shows the activation charges... but no credits shown on it.

Don't want to sign it until I know its been credited.

Was expecting an email looking like this,

http://cableforum.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=35873984&postcount=1895

Showing charges and credits.

but instead so far only have email like this,

http://cableforum.co.uk/board/showpo...postcount=2214

which only shows charges?
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:41   #2219
OhReally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
This forum went mental overnight, what has happened??

Reading all the comments about SCARTS, VHS, archiving, it's like being taken back to the dark ages lol

I've had my say on SCART and old tech...I'm looking forward to 4K UHD programming and you guys still using SCART to get TV around the house lol...couldn't make it up in 2016.

Ditch the old kit, and get with the times :-)
There is no possible argument that will convince me that people still need SCART cables and to archive programmes they will never watch again...jeez, waste of time :-)
We'll ditch perfectly working kit that gets around ludicrous artificial restrictions when YOU pony up the money for us to do so....

---------- Post added at 01:32 ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 ----------

Quote:
[snip]
Please tell me you have a HD tv
Because you can't buy anything else...

---------- Post added at 01:35 ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipp View Post
Can someone explain the pricing (excluding activation / box charges) fully.

Currently we pay £137.73 which has a £18.25 loyality discount so in fact its 155.58
Without appearing too personal, are you mental?

On what planet does paying £1800 a year for phone, internet and tv make ANY SENSE at all

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

Quote:

Why do you want to archive things? What do you archive?
So I can watch it at ANY TIME in the future, on my schedule, regardless of whether or not VM deem to allow it to be available.

The alternative is to ditch TV (which we did) and simply download it instead, with the added bonus of NO ADVERTS

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs9750 View Post
[snip]
Sounds like they are having a nightmare with costs and prices.
Are you really surprised, really?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:09   #2220
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

ive got one coming next week I think. so didnt realise you can watch recordings on your tablet, is this going to be severely limited due to licensing or will I be able to watch most of the stuff I record?
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote