Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stopping smoking support.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Stopping smoking support.

Old 09-10-2009, 22:10   #106
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Stopping smoking support.

Cheers Russ, much appreciated.

I feel like a new man - not in the conjugal sense, obviously!!
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2009, 22:18   #107
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

What an achievement Mr A, keep up the good work
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 23:04   #108
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
Cheers Russ, much appreciated.

I feel like a new man - not in the conjugal sense, obviously!!
Keep it up, Dude!

Totally awesome!

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 23:15   #109
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Great achievement. VERY WELL DONE.

Don't let the guard down yet though.... that nicotine bitch can lurk and try and takeover each time you're feeling low.

My doctor changed my medical records to non-smoker only after I'd been off it for 10 years.

I had my big defining weak moment after 6 weeks of patches and withdrawal. I woke up in the middle of the night after a dream and could think of nothing else but getting a cigarette. It was all encompassing,so I got up and because my then wife smoked I took one from her packet and lit up..... I was so disgusted with myself, thinking of what I had gone through trying to give up to that point, that I stubbed it out halfway through.

That was the last puff I had... but that little nicotine devil still whispers in my ear seductively sometimes
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 23:27   #110
martinab
Inactive

martinab is an unknown quantity at this point

Am new to all this, but stopped smoking on 24th may 09 and am still missing them!! I am glad to have stopped but still feel like i am missing out!!
martinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 23:31   #111
superbiatch
Inactive

superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinab View Post
Am new to all this, but stopped smoking on 24th may 09 and am still missing them!! I am glad to have stopped but still feel like i am missing out!!
You need to reinforce the reasons why you stopped and congratulate yourself everyday. I often find that when people are forced into quitting (by their doctor or family members) then the quitter often feels the choice was taken out of their hands. So remember the reasons why and you should be proud of yourself, its over 4 months since you quit

What do you miss about smoking?
Old 09-10-2009, 23:32   #112
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinab View Post
You're missing nothing.(drug reliance is overrated) You were missing loads (food has a taste; I can outrun that guy with the zimmer)
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 00:35   #113
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Hey, that's really useful, thanks. I was looking for a symbian version of "my last cigarette" but couldn't get the right series version.

Thanks to one and all for the support - this Monday will see one full month of stopped smokingness and a saving of very nearly £400.00
Oooh nice big reward just there.However the benefit of not smoking outweighs the financial one..

I have to take my husband to see the consultant about having the veins in his legs stripped next week.He had given up in July but had slipped back lately.However I hope I've persuaded him that just because he's having the op it is not a good idea to continue to smoke or he will be back all too soon in the same situation.

The trouble is I've never smoked so I've no real idea what it is like and I frankly have run out of arguments and solutions apart from patient encouragement and stoically ignoring the bad temper.
Old 10-10-2009, 00:53   #114
superbiatch
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
Oooh nice big reward just there.However the benefit of not smoking outweighs the financial one..

I have to take my husband to see the consultant about having the veins in his legs stripped next week.He had given up in July but had slipped back lately.However I hope I've persuaded him that just because he's having the op it is not a good idea to continue to smoke or he will be back all too soon in the same situation.

The trouble is I've never smoked so I've no real idea what it is like and I frankly have run out of arguments and solutions apart from patient encouragement and stoically ignoring the bad temper.
You are in an awkward position Maggy as pressure from someone to give up is all too often the reason why smokers slip back into old habits. The best thing you can do is reiterate the benefits and hope your hubby makes the choice himself. He should use this opportunity (the op) to gain whatever support is available to him, and there should be lots! But it has to be 'his' decision otherwise the odds of him slipping back are against him
Old 10-10-2009, 11:25   #115
Will21st
Inactive

Services: XL Tv,100MB,M Phone.
Will21st has reached the bronze age
Will21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze ageWill21st has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Hey, that's really useful, thanks. I was looking for a symbian version of "my last cigarette" but couldn't get the right series version.

Thanks to one and all for the support - this Monday will see one full month of stopped smokingness and a saving of very nearly £400.00

Amazing!well done Mr.Angry!

BTW,are you now just like your name?
I know I can be quite 'raw' and 'touchy' sometimes,but the champix helps a lot with that,imo.
Will21st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:27   #116
webcrawler2050
Inactive

Services: TiVo 110MB BB Phone Line
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
webcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze agewebcrawler2050 has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to webcrawler2050

I thought, I would post in here to give everyone a bit of moral support...

My grandparents, nannie & grandad both smoking since 15 / 16 - now, 65 - decided they wanted to quit due to constant coughs etc, so one day, they just stopped, 13 months later and they havn't touched one since. I was amazed, they made it seem so easy..

Well anywho. Thought this might night. Congrats to those, who have stopped smoking, I bet it must be nice, not to feel reliant on a little stick.
webcrawler2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:42   #117
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Good stuff!
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 18:29   #118
xocemp

Day one of being free of the weed for this 20+ a day.
I've been a non smoker before but like an idiot I had one ( hated it ), then another and another; you get what I'm saying.
Thanks for this thread and all who have posted, if I'm honest it was this thread that reminded me how much smoking sucks and how much better I am as a non smoker.
Old 10-10-2009, 21:14   #119
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Good for you xocemp. Now you have all us lot supporting you so you will always have some one on tap to back you up.
Old 10-10-2009, 22:09   #120
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by xocemp View Post
Day one of being free of the weed for this 20+ a day.
I've been a non smoker before but like an idiot I had one ( hated it ), then another and another; you get what I'm saying.
Thanks for this thread and all who have posted, if I'm honest it was this thread that reminded me how much smoking sucks and how much better I am as a non smoker.
Good for you and I hope you can keep it up as your family and friends will benefit from the new you and your health will improve.

I am always for giving up as I lost my father to lung cancer which was probably brought on by his smoking.

Keep up the good work and look to this thread for inspiration and you can find extra help here http://smokefree.nhs.uk/
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote