Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Downgrading to zero TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Downgrading to zero TV

Old 09-08-2015, 20:50   #1
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Downgrading to zero TV

Is this possible? I'm currently on TV L I have two HD boxes (I'm paying £5/mth for the spare

I don't need TV when I can stream it via Kodi etc, how much can I expect to save/mth. I'm on 50 megs internet and Phone XL which I'm ok with.

Paying around £71/mth currently
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2015, 20:56   #2
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Downgrading to zero TV

I downgraded to M TV with one Tivo, 50 broadband and calls free at weekend only . I pay 34 pounds per month.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 22:55   #3
geordiechris
cf.addict

geordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to beholdgeordiechris is a splendid one to behold

I'm paying £17.49 for 50Mb broadband and M telephone (weekend calls)
geordiechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 13:30   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Look HERE for phone and broadband only prices.

Kodi is the way to go!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 17:11   #5
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just got rid of all tv. Was on XLtv, 152mb BB, and evening and weekend calls. Only wanted 50Mb broadband but was cheaper to take 50 Mb BB and phone with free weekend calls.
Ended up paying just under £19-50 a month for this.
Bought 2 BT 500Gb Youview boxes on Gumtree for £20 each, and bought a Firestick and Fire tv box and installed Kodi.
Saving around £37 a month now.
kandinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 17:58   #6
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

I've just brought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00
to go with my 5 Chromecasts, couple of 500GB USB Hard drives, and the streaming ability from the Big PC

My only worry now is if the Internet goes down, I'll lose TV as well as all that is online.
Old 22-08-2015, 14:09   #7
techguyone
Deus Vult

I did it! Now only freeview channels at 50p/month, made a £30/month saving. Sadly for some reason they inflicted a Tivo box on me, is there any way at all now I'm on the TV Guide that I can set it to only show the channels I have, it's showing everything (albeit greyed out) I'm having to go through page after page to find channels I can access. Ideally I'd like it to only display the channels I can actually use. Is this possible?
Old 22-08-2015, 14:44   #8
pengedragon
cf.addict

Services: Full House, V6, Netflix, Spotify Premium, Sky Go Extra, Eleven Sports, PS4 , 100 meg bb
pengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nicepengedragon is just really nice

Think you should be able to add them as favourites and access them that way
pengedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2015, 19:27   #9
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
I did it! Now only freeview channels at 50p/month, made a £30/month saving. Sadly for some reason they inflicted a Tivo box on me, is there any way at all now I'm on the TV Guide that I can set it to only show the channels I have, it's showing everything (albeit greyed out) I'm having to go through page after page to find channels I can access. Ideally I'd like it to only display the channels I can actually use. Is this possible?
Nope. Exactly the same if you take a Sky box with only the free channels. You still see all of them. Its the platform's "shop window" & they want you to see what you are missing by not subscribing.

The only way to get round it is to set up favourites
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote