Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2011, 12:17   #5191
jetset
Inactive

Services: XL TV XL Telephone XL BB- 30MG- superhub V+ Vm Mobi Now with added TiVo !
jetset will become famous soon enoughjetset will become famous soon enoughjetset will become famous soon enough
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
No. This is Tivo!

Thanks for the moral preachy bit. Do you think we don't know and appreciate that??????

I some times wonder ...

Certain posters seem to have lost sight of the fact !

Yes WE are enthusiasts but for some people the opportunity to flame VM is bigger than the opportunity to aquire TiVo !

And it wasnt "moral preachy " it was demonstrative evidence that certain people have lost perspective !.
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2011, 12:20   #5192
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickywoowoo View Post
I made a more descriptive post in the "WrestleMania" thread but I will post it here anyway - Tivo has no Box Office capability.

This has stuffed me for this coming Sunday. A farce.
Do you only have a TiVo box or have you got multi-room from VM?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:21   #5193
wickywoowoo
Inactive

wickywoowoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We have the multi-room with our old V+HD box in up stairs now, but it's in a bedroom and not idea at all for a family viewing experience, lol.

I wish it had been explained that Tivo didn't offer Box Offive before hand. It wasn't even hinted at. We were told about the lack of 3 tuners when it was installed - which was fixed the next day, lol - but nothing about Box Office.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:23   #5194
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
We have the multi-room with our old V+HD box in up stairs now, but it's in a bedroom and not idea at all for a family viewing experience, lol.

I wish it had been explained that Tivo didn't offer Box Offive before hand. It wasn't even hinted at. We were told about the lack of 3 tuners when it was installed - which was fixed the next day, lol - but nothing about Box Office.
You should have been told, I totally agree.

I know it's not ideal, but can you not swap the boxes over for the event?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:26   #5195
wickywoowoo
Inactive

Yeah, we are looking into doing that. After the event and when I look back, it probably won't even seem like a big deal and I am just ranting out of frustration but we won a Tivo box free for a year as part of the 1,000 winners thing but we still pay out general monthly Virgin fee and it seems now like we are getting less for what we paid than we did last month.

Hopefully the old V+ box will just connect properly without any different cables or something.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:28   #5196
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetset View Post
Can we put this back in to perspective?

Whilst the communication has been poor well p**s poor actually!
And the lead time seems to get looooonger every day.
VM have actually played a very good game....

They have got tens of thousands of customers to register interest and then drip feed info keeping 99% keen and building anticipation ok a small percentage have become somewhat less than happy and a few toys have been thrown out of a few prams.

In doing so they have gauged interest and had the opportunity to build stock of TiVo STB in readiness for the roll out. They have committed to all pre regs having the opportunity to order ahead of the main consumer launch.

How you view the 2 x 1000 customer draws I guess depends on whether you won a TiVo or not...

Ok sending out 1000 remote handsets with no prior notification of the draw or how the lucky 1000 were selected may not win any prizes for marketing promos but it did stir up interest in the product and got people talking about TiVo, The second draw which people were invited to enter by random mail out or the on screen pop up seems to have engendered a lot of " I wasn’t mailed out " comments , I didn’t get a draw ticket but I did see that infernal pop up repeatedly so did enter via that route.

TiVo is a great piece of kit - its not perfect (No red Button etc) but when you have it, you will love it.

VM have not scammed you, taken cash from you or reduced your services they simply have asked you if you’re interested in TiVo and then kept you waiting....

Let’s put it in perspective.....

As you read this ...

There are 10's of thousands of people in Japan trying to piece there lives together post quake/Tsunami.

There are countless numbers of people in other countries at risk of diseases that medicines costing pence could save.

There are lads getting killed in Afghanistan.

There are Medics risking there own lives to save others in Afghanistan.

There are jet jockeys risking life over Libya.

All these things are life or death
Having to wait for TiVo may seem it but its not Life or death really!

Yeah I risk being shot down in flames but hey I do that every day in the skies....
Really silly and childish thing to say!! Grow up....
Old 29-03-2011, 12:30   #5197
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah, we are looking into doing that. After the event and when I look back, it probably won't even seem like a big deal and I am just ranting out of frustration but we won a Tivo box free for a year as part of the 1,000 winners thing but we still pay out general monthly Virgin fee and it seems now like we are getting less for what we paid than we did last month.

Hopefully the old V+ box will just connect properly without any different cables or something.

Should be ok, any problems then post here and we can help.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:31   #5198
wickywoowoo
Inactive

There aren't any special connections between Tivo and the old HD box, are there?

I only saw the installation from when the box was already connected as I was in a different room, so I am not sure if it is different cables or something.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:41   #5199
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
There aren't any special connections between Tivo and the old HD box, are there?

I only saw the installation from when the box was already connected as I was in a different room, so I am not sure if it is different cables or something.
Nope there the same it just screws off.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:42   #5200
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:

Just HDMI and cable input on both. Is the V+HD box connected to a HD TV?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:54   #5201
Doz007
cf.geek

Services: VM 200Mb BB, Sky Q Silver 2TB
Doz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation eraDoz007 has entered a golden reputation era

Do any of you lucky people with TiVo use it in conjunction with a Harmony remote?

I can't find the specific model in Logitech's database but does it work fine with the codes for V+HD or the US TiVo box?
Old 29-03-2011, 12:55   #5202
wickywoowoo
Inactive

Both the Tivo downstairs and the V+HD upstairs are connected to HDTV's, but the Box Office service Virgin offer isn't HD.

I do use HDMI to connect to both TV's.
Old 29-03-2011, 12:55   #5203
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
Do any of you lucky people with TiVo use it in conjunction with a Harmony remote?

I can't find the specific model in Logitech's database but does it work fine with the codes for V+HD or the US TiVo box?
Good question, would like to know that too.
Old 29-03-2011, 13:01   #5204
borrissey
Inactive

Yeah Sky box office in HD would be a great addition to VM, but will never happen....

Just a pipe dream I guess..
Old 29-03-2011, 13:02   #5205
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post

I think someone said it's down as V+ v2?