Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:14   #4291
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon8 View Post
Like I said I'm new to all this on Virgin media, very happy so far with it. Little slow on some things (BBC Iplayer) etc,but I guess this will speed up in time. So happy I've jumped ship.

One question I've got is, I've had 100mb broadband fitted, I do a speed test and it's only showing 55mb download speed. But the virgin tech says it's all fine and I'm showing 92-98mb on there system? Is speed test a good reading and has anyone with 100mb connection get better readings than me?
you'd be better posting in the Virgin Broadband part of this site for your broadband questions.
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2011, 11:15   #4292
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
I'm not sure on that one.

---------- Post added at 10:57 ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 ----------

It will still be loading loads of stuff in the background for the first few hours...

Nice though isn't it?
Amazing,Found few bugs but where expected its new and free lol
Old 12-03-2011, 11:16   #4293
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemoon8 View Post
Like I said I'm new to all this on Virgin media, very happy so far with it. Little slow on some things (BBC Iplayer) etc,but I guess this will speed up in time. So happy I've jumped ship.

One question I've got is, I've had 100mb broadband fitted, I do a speed test and it's only showing 55mb download speed. But the virgin tech says it's all fine and I'm showing 92-98mb on there system? Is speed test a good reading and has anyone with 100mb connection get better readings than me?
Maybe better asking the question in the internet forum , some really knowledgeable people in there.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:17   #4294
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
Amazing,Found few bugs but where expected its new and free lol
Old 12-03-2011, 11:17   #4295
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Reboot you've only just had it installed LOL

That is a good feature on V+ being able to start at set position.
expecting a few reboots,reminds me of the tv drive days.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:19   #4296
Bluemoon8
Inactive

Services: Tivo,Xl TV,Sky sports,Sky movies HD,XXL 100MB BB.
Bluemoon8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
you'd be better posting in the Virgin Broadband part of this site for your broadband questions.
Cheers.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:20   #4297
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
expecting a few reboots,reminds me of the tv drive days.
O yes I had one of those silver Ferguson videostar clones LOL
Old 12-03-2011, 11:28   #4298
howardmicks
Inactive

very fast compared to the v+,the series link is a bit hit and miss ross kemp on monday sky1hd even thou set for premiere only as put to record repeat on weds and hot in cleveland tues sky living had to manually program in series link doesnt seem to pick up eps to record,no biggy.major result 2 week ahead epg so at least if problem with series link can manual program in to record

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
O yes I had one of those silver Ferguson videostar clones LOL
Seems like yesterday,And i remeber paying £149.00 for that and a £10.00 per month charge.Thinking back that makes the tivo look like a bargain
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32   #4299
zantarous
www.magicorptech.blogspot

Services: V.I.P
zantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful onezantarous is the helpful one

Is there a reason that the registration site is now saying sign up before March 13th to be the first to know more about Tivo?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:34   #4300
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I would assume because the pre-registration closes after that?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:39   #4301
howardmicks
Inactive

installer told me gets officially released 1st of april

---------- Post added at 11:39 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

just been checking out the apps,twitter says i need a tivo web apps name+pin,Tells me to go to virginmedia/mytivoapps.But the site doesnt seem to exsist?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41   #4302
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
name+pin,Tells me to go to virginmedia/mytivoapps.But the site doesnt seem to exsist?
http://www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps/
Old 12-03-2011, 11:41   #4303
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:

just been checking out the apps,twitter says i need a tivo web apps name+pin,Tells me to go to virginmedia/mytivoapps.But the site doesnt seem to exsist?
Here you are

http://www.virginmedia.com/mytivoapps/
Old 12-03-2011, 11:46   #4304
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

The Twitter client - have they done it 'right' or 'wrong'?

By this, I mean can it overlay on live TV? Can it tweet the current program name you're watching, or even a shortened link to that program on the VM site? Or is it as bad as the Xbox 'full screen, doing nothing else' one..
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51   #4305
howardmicks
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
thanks matey,Just been playing who wants to be a millionaire and won £32000.Do wm/tivo send me a cheque or do they put it in my account lol
Closed Thread