Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Battle of the Hubs - The Prequel

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Battle of the Hubs - The Prequel

Old 13-03-2012, 16:21   #121
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Battle of the Hubs - The Prequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
I'm a businessman (not a student), and know how businesses work. So some of my comments are from my experience as a businessman. Other comments are from my experience as a consumer who actually used a superhub with no problems at all.

I haven't changed my story. But I have asked you to stop being agressive in your posts. There is no need for it, and it is extremely childish.
You just changed your story again.

"I'm a consumer not a geek so I don't know"

"I'm a businessman so I know"

Lol.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
So why is he obsessing about VM then?
I'm doing a comparison of the this country's two biggest providers' "fibre optic" CPEs. A fair and impartial comparison is not "obsessing" over either.

One of the mods here asked me not to leave this site even after leaving VM, and as other mods keep saying, if you don't like a topic then leave the thread or use the ignore feature. I'm not forcing anyone to read anything.

If you're interested, great. If you're not, I'm not asking you to be.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2012, 16:31   #122
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

Lol.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

I'm doing a comparison of the this country's two biggest providers' "fibre optic" CPEs. A fair and impartial comparison is not "obsessing" over either.

One of the mods here asked me not to leave this site even after leaving VM, and as other mods keep saying, if you don't like a topic then leave the thread or use the ignore feature. I'm not forcing anyone to read anything.

If you're interested, great. If you're not, I'm not asking you to be.
You can't say fairer that that.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 16:31   #123
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post

Lol.
I haven't changed anything. My comments on the way businesses run are from my business experience. My experiences with the superhub are as a consumer using a superhub.

Even you must be able to understand this?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 17:15   #124
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

It would be nice if we could keep all the bitching and bickering out of this thread, and let qasi provide the impartial information he was obtaining by his geekery, erm, investigations, which is now lost in the whole farrago of he said/no he didn't bolleaux.....

Just sayin'....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 19:08   #125
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Or, and this maybe a novel idea, go to another provider entirely.It's not like there isn't plenty of choice these days..

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

So why is he obsessing about VM then?
Actually there is no choice for me just about.

As the competition to VM in my area is very poor, there is no FTTC in my area yet.

Please dont make things seem simpler than they are.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 19:32   #126
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
It would be nice if we could keep all the bitching and bickering out of this thread, and let qasi provide the impartial information he was obtaining by his geekery, erm, investigations, which is now lost in the whole farrago of he said/no he didn't bolleaux.....

Just sayin'....
Actually I would welcome that.However it seems to me that others climb on the bash VM and it's products bandwagon every time there is a thread about the superhub so the thread will end up being anything but impartial..
Old 13-03-2012, 19:36   #127
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Actually I would welcome that.However it seems to me that others climb on the bash VM and it's products bandwagon every time there is a thread about the superhub so the thread will end up being anything but impartial..
I got jumped on from a great height when I dared to say that
Old 13-03-2012, 19:46   #128
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

That's because Chris told us to call it a superhub, if it starts playing up again I'm not going to call it super. On a side note I've been traffic managed on my vmng so put the superhub in 5ghz mode and no reboot... yet
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 20:54   #129
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Who says a thread has to be impartial when that partiality is (in many cases) well founded?

For the record, I'm a satisfied VM customer having recently increased my spend with the company.

I bash that wretched Super Hub still because 18 months in and it is still seriously flawed as a router.

I only bash VM for the way it handles its customers, VM telling them little if anything of importance and allowing serious oversubscription to occur in many places.

And now we're seeing certain dispruptive and provocative members adding to the mix.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 21:04   #130
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Well I've had my Superhub since very early on and it works perfectly for me. No issues at all.
Old 13-03-2012, 21:10   #131
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

It would be interesting to know how many of the people who slate the superhub have actually reported the problems (and I meand to a UK call centre). Or if people have just moaned about it on forums thinking that their possibly faulty superhub is woking as it is designed to.

Just a thought!
Old 13-03-2012, 21:19   #132
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Well thats one of the issues. It works perfectly "for me".

But for a piece of equipment that is the sole bit of kit now, it has to work for everyone. Its like having a car with cheap Chinese tyres. If you are trundling around all day they will be fine for you, but floor it and you will end up in a wall. Thank god we can use our own tyres and rely on other people to test and rate them.

---------- Post added at 21:19 ---------- Previous post was at 21:16 ----------

Quote:
It would be interesting to know how many of the people who slate the superhub have actually reported the problems (and I meand to a UK call centre). Or if people have just moaned about it on forums thinking that their possibly faulty superhub is woking as it is designed to.

Just a thought!
I got my VMNG30000000 re-activated because the hub was so poor.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 21:24   #133
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post

Just sayin'....
Having a think about this perhaps the title is not helpful.Maybe it should be labelled as an investigation? Then maybe the postings could actually about the investigation and not the usual bickering spats about the superhub?.
Old 13-03-2012, 21:25   #134
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Well thats one of the issues. It works perfectly "for me".

But for a piece of equipment that is the sole bit of kit now, it has to work for everyone. Its like having a car with cheap Chinese tyres. If you are trundling around all day they will be fine for you, but floor it and you will end up in a wall. Thank god we can use our own tyres and rely on other people to test and rate them.
But most people don't drive like a test driver, which is probably why the superhub is fine for most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
I got my VMNG30000000 re-activated because the hub was so poor.
Maybe Stephen, or someone else who works for VM can explain why there is so much inconsistency?
Old 13-03-2012, 21:43   #135
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:

Just a thought!
They offered to send a tech..... Doh, anyway I swapped the hub 3 times and gave up, it seems it's wifi related. On 5ghz mode it's been stable,2.4 it reboots. I'm at a stage I can now run 5ghz but I find the range of 5ghz not as good as the 2.4
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote