Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 29-01-2016, 12:21   #2851
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Well they are certainly trumpeting it with a lot of hyperbole so it will be interesting to see how many initial takers there are for it.
Old 29-01-2016, 12:37   #2852
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well they are certainly trumpeting it with a lot of hyperbole so it will be interesting to see how many initial takers there are for it.
What company doesn't shout about their latest and greatest product , I personally think they are building another good product portfolio with the new Sky Q system and the new Now TV box coming later in the year.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 12:52   #2853
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Sky Q pricing reveled , cheaper up front if you take Sky BB or Sky Fibre which is hardly a surprise.

https://corporate.sky.com/media-cent...t-from-just-99
18 month contract! Way to costly for me. Will stick to SKY+ for now
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 12:58   #2854
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I'm sure many others will , it's clearly aimed at high spenders.
Old 29-01-2016, 13:00   #2855
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
What company doesn't shout about their latest and greatest product , I personally think they are building another good product portfolio with the new Sky Q system and the new Now TV box coming later in the year.
That's your commission for the next year then MM.
Old 29-01-2016, 13:01   #2856
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good to me although the teens in the house stick tend to stick to You Tube and Netflix, they don't use Virgin TV Anywhere which must say something about the product and /or content.
hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 14:21   #2857
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
There will still be updates and new features for Sky+

A completely new Sky+ homepage and EPG is inbound.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/...pg-is-inbound/
Old 29-01-2016, 17:21   #2858
tweedle
Permanently Banned

tweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the roughtweedle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm sure many others will , it's clearly aimed at high spenders.
When you consider what some people spend on Tabacco and alcohol per month I don't think you need to be a high spender. It's about what you spend your disposable income.

I know a guy moans about the cost of sky but yet smokes 20 Embassay a day. That's £300 a month just to slowly kill yourself. I dont smoke, very rarely drink so to me it's affordable although I will still try to get a deal.
tweedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 17:34   #2859
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
When you consider what some people spend on Tabacco and alcohol per month I don't think you need to be a high spender. It's about what you spend your disposable income.

I know a guy moans about the cost of sky but yet smokes 20 Embassay a day. That's £300 a month just to slowly kill yourself. I dont smoke, very rarely drink so to me it's affordable although I will still try to get a deal.
Completely agree , there's lots on forums who feel the need to tell people how to spend their money. It would be a boring place if we all shared the same interests. I'm interested in Sky Q but will probably wait and see what the initial views are before jumping.
Old 30-01-2016, 10:27   #2860
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Give it a few months or so and we will no doubt see the price come down or some sort of `special offer`especially if the uptake isn`t as good as they`re hoping.
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 11:03   #2861
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedle View Post
Yeah I've got a email telling me I can order it on February 9th. But only sky BB customers an we will get free servicing and repairs for life.
So it will be rented?
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 13:39   #2862
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
So it will be rented?
Yes which begs the question why the upfront costs are £99 +
Old 30-01-2016, 13:46   #2863
denphone
Still alive and fighting

One word springs to mind....
Old 30-01-2016, 14:35   #2864
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yes which begs the question why the upfront costs are £99 +
Not really. Supplying and installing that is not going to be cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
One word springs to mind....
Business?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2016, 14:54   #2865
denphone
Still alive and fighting