Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Help with NTL / Virgin Offer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Help with NTL / Virgin Offer

Old 21-11-2006, 18:14   #1
zeozhane
Inactive

Services: BB XXL (50), TV L, Tivo, V+ & Talk Weekends
zeozhane is an unknown quantity at this point
Help with NTL / Virgin Offer

Evening,

I would like to know if anyone on the board is able to provide me with contact details for the CEO of Virgin Mobile and/or NTL as i want to make a complaint in relation to my 'attempt' to take up the £10 per month offer.

Basically as like others on the board Virgin stated that i failed the credit check process. I then retrieved my credit file from Equifax which shows i have a 4-Star rating (out of a maximun of 5).

I therefore contacted Virgin again on Monday 30th November and spoke to 'Stuart' in the sales team, He advised me that he was aware of the problem, which according to him is down to NTL, and that he could put the order through for me. I advised him that i had failed a credit check and that i had retrieved mt credit file as i stated before. He said that that wasn't a problem and asked me to pay 99p delivery charge via a credit card, which i did after confirming with him that the offer had gone through. He assured me that it had.

I then passed the phone to my partner who was in the same boat and Stuart advised that he could do the same for him. Now my partner is already a Virgin PAYG customer and was looking to keep the same number. Again Stuart advised that everything had gone through and that he would have to remove the PAYG bundle to add the pay monthly one. He told my partner that everything had gone through OK and that the bundle should appear within 2 - 4 hours.

Guess what he checked this morning and the 300 Mins and 300 texts were not there. So we phoned Virgin again only to be told that the order was not going anywhere as it had failed the credit check, this despite Stuarts assurances the night before. I was advised that this would be passed to another department who would contact me within 2 - 4 hours and the girl gave me a £5 goodwill for the hassle.

The 4 hours went by with no phone call and we decided to call again only to be told that i should have been told that it could take up to 72 hours for a callback from the finance department. We then asked about the status of my own order only to be told that they were sending a standard PAYG SIM as the credit check had failed (again against Stuarts reassurances last night). I asked to speak to a Manager but none were available however they got a Sales manager to call approx 15 minutes later.

The Manager, Michelle, called and didn't know anything about the issue. I raised this with her only to be told that 'All the sales department do is take orders. We can't tell you if its gone through'. I then advised her of the fact thatmy partner works for a mobile company and that, if need be, they can change a credit decision if it is found that something was wrong. Michelle just stated that 'We aren't every other phone company. That's not how we work.' We asked her what she could do for us and her response was 'There's nothing i can do it all goes to the finance team' (Was then thinking what the point was in her calling if she couldn't do anything)

I then asked to speak to someone higher and Michelle tried the old i'm the most senior person in this building (which as i work for a call centre know that was a lie). After confronting her on this she relented and said that her line manager was 'on a course' but she still refused to pass my complaint onto him. Every time she kept telling us that 'The finance department will contact you within 72 hours'

I want to complain to someone higher than the team at Virgin as they don't seem to read the previous correspondence i sent. I want to highlight this to both NTL and Virgin as i am considering moving my telephony and broadband services elsewhere due to the incompentence of Virgin Mobile.

Therefore if anyone can suppy the email contact details for the CEO of NTL and the CEO of Virgin Mobile i would be really grateful.

Thanks for listening.
Zeozhane
zeozhane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-11-2006, 20:46   #2
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Help with NTL / Virgin Offer

Like banging your head against a brick wall isn't it

Sorry I don't know the details that you have asked for but I am sure someone on the board will.

Oh and welcome to the site
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2006, 21:27   #3
zeozhane
Inactive

Thanks for the reply Jules.

I know its like hitting your head off a brick wall but we've just bought 2 Virgin locked D900s so will have to perservere until i can eith a) get the offer or b) get the new handsets unlocked and stay with Vodafone (who i believe you're with from reading your posts)

Its not my fault that they only want customers with a perfect 5-star credit score
Old 21-11-2006, 22:27   #4
ewan.paton
Inactive

ewan.paton is an unknown quantity at this point

if your partner works for a phone company thn he should know that any communications directed at the ceo will probly be handled by similarly tranined call center staff as normal queries just they may have a little more flexibility.

no offence but its pretty unreasonable to expect a ceo earning millions a year to fix a billing issue regardless of how frustrating it is. The cost of his time just reading your corispondance would be enought to provide free calls for life.

he should be speanding his time fixing issues with business processes{1} for all customers, not just specific cases.

{1} like making sales people confirm all spelling and alowing them to change it if incorrect.
ewan.paton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 07:49   #5
zeozhane
Inactive

Any communication direct to the CEO would result in this becoming a high level complaint. This happens all the time with my partners work when customers don't agree with the course of action that the call centre workers have taken.

Also from what it seems Virgin mobile staff can't do anything. Michelle, the manager, kept stating that only the finance team can do anything. How can that help customers if the management are not empowred to make any kind of decision.

Thats why we want to contact the CEO. It will be dealt with appropriately and by someone in their head office NOT the call centre. Their staff cannot tell customers one thing only to turn around and take it away again.Also the CEO will not be happy that they are losing a lot of customers due to this as there are many people on various forums with the same issue.

As i stated before - do you need to have a 5 star credit score to get Virgin Mobile? Seems unreasonable as most of the population will only have 3 or 4 star scores.
Old 22-11-2006, 09:19   #6
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I can't give you the addresses for either the CEO of Virgin Mobile or NTL, and I can't guarantee they can do anything, but if you PM me your account number, name, address and contact phone number, I'll refer your problem to the site's contacts. They are highly placed, and employed to sort out problems like this on NTL (not sure about Virgin Mobile yet). They will hopefully be able to help, and if not, hopefully be able to send you contact details for the CEOs.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 18:20   #7
zeozhane
Inactive

Thanks in advance Stuart C. Just PM'ed you.
Old 22-11-2006, 21:55   #8
mmm
cf.geek

mmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about themmmm has a spectacular aura about them

It is common knowledge that Sir Richard Branson has a house near Kidlington (North of Oxford) i.e.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/4598211.stm

when he isn't on his 'Necker Island' in the Caribbean:-

http://www.virgin.com/subsites/necker/

do you need a higher up address?
mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2006, 16:21   #9
zeozhane
Inactive

Well seems that Virgin can't be bothered to try and sort this out so have asked for the unlock codes.

Once i get em i'm going to call Vodafone and move onto one of their SIM only deals.

So thanks to all who replied and especially to Stuart C for his help with the issue.
Old 27-11-2006, 01:02   #10
zeozhane
Inactive

Just a quick update for anyone following this thread. It's broken down into Good News / Bad News.

Good News

They're giving us the unlock codes for our handsets
They recognise there is nothing wrong with our credit score

Bad News

Still won't give us the deal despite recognising that there is nothing wrong with the credit score
Haven't refunded the bundels that there sales agent removed

Good News (For Vodafone)

Going to signup for another year with them instead.

Bad News (For Virgin & NTL)

Just lost two customers who could've £50+ per month with their service.

Thanks for all who helped.

Zeozhane
Old 27-11-2006, 10:02   #11
lauzjp
Inactive

Services: 5mb 3 mobile broadband, sky, freeview
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
lauzjp is cast in bronzelauzjp is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to lauzjp

I have been on virgin mobile for years, but now also have a couple of vodafone phones - I can say that voda is much better. signal better, better customer service, better packages - signed up for free texts and free weekends (spend £2.50 for free texts, £5 for free calls during a week), smartstep, passport, mobile tv - great! I learned more from watching the 2 minute episodes of 24 than the tv show... oh and signed up for that new 'family' package - £5 a month and free calls to 3 other people on vodafone. Excellent stuff. saving a fortune!
lauzjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:20   #12
Jules
Inactive

Services: Don't have a clue any more.
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars
Jules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny starsJules has a pair of shiny stars

We are on the family pack as well
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:40   #13
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

I got some news from our site's contact. Zeozhane's issue has been referred to the Ops Directors office of Virgin Mobile. Hopefully, they should get in touch with him.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 17:29   #14
UncleBooBoo

It seems Virgin is made for NTL as they both suck!
Old 03-12-2006, 18:27   #15
floppus
Inactive

floppus is an unknown quantity at this point

To contact Virgin Mobile.......

F.A.O. David Foster Customer Service Director

Virgin Mobile Telecoms Limited
Willow Grove House
Windsor Road
White Horse Business Park
Trowbridge
Wiltshire BA14 0TQ

I won't go into my discussions with them at the moment but they wereback to me in 3 days after I sent my complaint recorded delivery.

I got a reply from a lady called Annette Morrison who said she had been given instructions from this David Foster.

The whole organisation (Virgin Mobile) seems have gone boobs up since my pal Richard sold it on.

Watch this space for the outcome of my complaint.
floppus is offline   Reply With Quote