Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Inernet slow/dropping out.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Using 2 super hubs

Old 22-06-2012, 19:03   #1
chumba
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity 2
chumba is an unknown quantity at this point
Using 2 super hubs

Hai!.

Ive searched every where for some answers on this .

I have 2 super hubs , 1 i got from VM and the second i got from ebay .
Im able to use the one i got from VM upstairs and downstairs as VM fit 2 points for me to connect to.

However im unable to use the second hub to wire my sons pc up in his room (second point).

Is there something im missing in the setup of a superhub..(total noob btw)
Is it at all possible to run 2 hubs on the same network..??
What are my options.

Btw all lights are on , on the second hub (all green middle flashing) im also able to connect to the hubs homepage.

Please help!!!
chumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-06-2012, 19:14   #2
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
Re: Using 2 super hubs

no, you can only have 1 activated on one account, your ebay brought SuperHub is worthless.

why do you want to use 2? if you require hard wired, ethernets upstair and downstairs you need this... http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-P...0388811&sr=8-1
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 19:16   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

You have been ripped off as the seller knows full well that the Superhub he sold you will never work as you can only have one device per account and any device bought from sites like Ebay or even given to you by a friend will never be allowed on the Virgin Media network.

You need to return it or open a payment dispute with Paypal for the fee you paid.

Get yourself a decent router and put this down to experience.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 19:52   #4
chumba
Inactive

Services: BT Infinity 2
chumba is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
no, you can only have 1 activated on one account, your ebay brought SuperHub is worthless.

why do you want to use 2? if you require hard wired, ethernets upstair and downstairs you need this... http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-P...0388811&sr=8-1
Cheers for this, i got the superhub for coppers tbh so ill keep it as a spare incase my VM one breaks ..
Lesson learned but cheers for the link..
Ill get me a set o these instead.
chumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 20:01   #5
grim reaper
Inactive

Services: 30meg, phone, tv xl
grim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nicegrim reaper is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumba View Post
so ill keep it as a spare incase my VM one breaks .
no point in keeping it at all ..... it will never work on your connection, all VM hubs/modems have to be activated on your account before they will work, because you aquired the superhub from a non VM source (ebay) VM will never activate it.

if your superhub (the one you got from VM) does happen to break down then call customer services and they will replace it FOC.
grim reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 20:11   #6
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

It's perfectly decent as a cheap dual-band access point, if you can get it to work in your situation... And it's nearly two years now I've been saying that.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 20:48   #7
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Or as a gigabit switch.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2012, 20:58   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Just turn off the DHCP first and set the IP address somewhere high up so it doesn;t try to act as the router then as both of the last posters has said you've got a gigabit switch with WAP
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 03:39   #9
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
I've got 2 spare lol been using them as cheapo gigabit switches.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2012, 03:56   #10
babis3g
Inactive

Services: >100Mb<TV M+,TiVo 1T,V HD >Phone M
babis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to beholdbabis3g is a splendid one to behold

return it back...How about if is stolen???
babis3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:39   #11
rogerhume
Inactive

rogerhume is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to tag on to this thread, but it is about Hubs.
I currently have a standard NTL cable modem (NTL 250) and use a Linksys wireless wifi box.
Would I be any better with a super hub and if so how do you get one?
rogerhume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:11   #12
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

call VM 150 from your homephone and either speaking to broadband support or retentions/thinking of leaving
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:18   #13
Dai
Inactive

Services: 50Mb, TV & Phone
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Dai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronzeDai is cast in bronze
Send a message via MSN to Dai

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerhume View Post
Sorry to tag on to this thread, but it is about Hubs.
I currently have a standard NTL cable modem (NTL 250) and use a Linksys wireless wifi box.
Would I be any better with a super hub and if so how do you get one?
You'd definitely be better off getting rid of the Linksys unit if this report turns out to be correct:

http://boingboing.net/2012/07/03/cis...-out-of-t.html
Dai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 15:52   #14
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

my firmware revision has stayed the same and my uptime hasnt changed so I defo have havent had any forced updates.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote