Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Cable in Isle of Dogs (Canary Wharf) E14

Old 10-06-2009, 22:18   #16
timmymaclean
Inactive

timmymaclean is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Cable in Isle of Dog (Canary Wharf) E14

Without wishing to sound ungrateful as I actually live off Manchester Road and do get Virgin broadband. It is not much cop I am afraid. Barring the issues reported by the previous posters the poplar exchange is stacked and is not due for an upgrade until mid next year. I get about 1Mb down at normal times. It seemed pretty strange to me also. As far as I know the commercial stuff goes through poplar also.
timmymaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24   #17
JonathanCassar
Inactive

JonathanCassar is an unknown quantity at this point

virgin must have dont a survey at some point and decided that £X to upgrade is more expensive that £Y income x Z years who makes those infrastructure decisions?
JonathanCassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 14:11   #18
JonathanCassar
Inactive

I got frustrated so emailed Neil Berkett. Lets see if that gets a more considered response!
Old 12-06-2009, 17:46   #19
moneyballs2
Inactive

moneyballs2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully you'll get a good response JohnathenCassar. Although this is highly unlikely.

I've noticed that the BT broadband speeds and connection is getting worse for both me and my friends on the Isle of Dogs, Virgin Media would solve this problem, the demand is there, I just hope they supply, and fast!

Also, Timmymaclean are you referring to Virgin Media services being delivered down a BT phone line? As that will still be poor too, the cable service offered by Virgin Media is what we want
moneyballs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 18:00   #20
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

I think a major problem with this, is probabely down to the legal stuff, I know that VM have now taken over NTL, but it could be that there is a clause in the contract, over installing cable, as l cannot understand why if, VM have a cable BB, why they cannot run the Tv as well, I know Canary Wharf very well and VM can make a fortune out of it, the best thing l would do, would be get Sky.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 21:13   #21
virgin_tech
Inactive

virgin_tech has a spectacular aura about themvirgin_tech has a spectacular aura about themvirgin_tech has a spectacular aura about themvirgin_tech has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I think a major problem with this, is probabely down to the legal stuff, I know that VM have now taken over NTL, but it could be that there is a clause in the contract, over installing cable, as l cannot understand why if, VM have a cable BB, why they cannot run the Tv as well, I know Canary Wharf very well and VM can make a fortune out of it, the best thing l would do, would be get Sky.
""I know that VM have now taken over NTL""

the company called virgin media IS! NTL always has and always will be. Virgin media is a cover for a *!@* company called NTL

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

sorry had a bad day.... and just venting anger
virgin_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 21:33   #22
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Virgin Tech, I quite understand if you work for a @@Z@ company.
Old 12-06-2009, 21:51   #23
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Virgin Tech, I quite understand if you work for a @@Z@ company.
Arthur...please!!!

And what would going to sky do to resolve to issue? The broadband would still go through a BT line. Answer, it wouldn't resolve the issue at all
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 22:19   #24
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

I suggest you calm down and take a tablet, or you will blow a blood vessel
Old 12-06-2009, 22:32   #25
nfs6600
cf.geek

Services: All
nfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant futurenfs6600 has a brilliant future

I'm having a beer thanks, better than any tablets
nfs6600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 10:58   #26
JonathanCassar
Inactive

well i think the point here is that in a densely populated part of london you should get a choice - not just sky/dsl

I still havent heard from VM although Neil Berkett forwarded my mail to head of customer services and head of broadband so we'll see...........
Old 17-06-2009, 12:49   #27
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

It was originally BellCable Media and then Cable and Wireless,then NTL and Now Virgin Media in that area, The borough of Newham is apparently one of the poorest in the UK,maybe its due to low spending customers???

Also,some Analogue only areas still provide Broadband,I don't understand why they don't just keep it as that for a while until they feel the need to upgrade the Canary wharf area to Digital.

I mean some people are happy with just Analogue cable, although they reducing channels month by month.

I think these channels remain on Virgin Analogue:

BBC1
BBC2
ITV1
Channel 4
Channel 5
ITV2
Sky1
Sky News
Hallmark
Living
Challenge TV (Telewest areas only)
Virgin 1
BBC News 24
BBC Parliament
Disney Channel
Nickelodeon
Cartoon Network
QVC
Eurosport
4 Music
Film4
Movies 24
MTV One
Discovery Channel
Hellenic TV (Telewest Cable London franchise only)
Television X
Adult Channel

And I think you maybe able to get G.o.l.d,Watch and Dave too.

Sky Sports was removed earlier this month and Sky Movies was removed a few years ago. Front Row was removed in 2006.

Hellenic TV is a greek channel and its available on Analogue in North London only as a premium channel.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 17:03   #28
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

No matter how poor you are, you should still be entitled to obtain goods, it reminds me of a certain electrical company, won't take customers from an area of West London, as they believe they are bad debtors.
Old 17-06-2009, 17:36   #29
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Really! EDF and Npower are the UK's biggest rogue traders, remember how EDF used the Virgin brand? Well the EDF sales reps signed on dead people to gain commision and lock properties onto EDF. These sales reps where caught in the act in a North London library. They also said to customers that they could get discounts at Virgin Megastores ect.... Therefore when Richard Branson found out, he decided to move away from EDF.

I think they should re-launch Virgin Energy as joint venture between Virgin Media and a energy company like E-On or Npower who are also NTL Telewest business customers. Virgin Media would be the first company to offer TV,Internet,Telephone,Mobile,Gas,Electricity and additional energy services.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 19:51   #30
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No matter how poor you are, you should still be entitled to obtain goods, it reminds me of a certain electrical company, won't take customers from an area of West London, as they believe they are bad debtors.
So let me get this straight - you think that companies should take on people with a history of bad debt, who may default, thus driving up the prices for non-defaulting customers?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote